My First Own Reggae Song
Timmez
Mar 23 2016, 11:35 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello guys,

What do you think of this song?
I arranged the chords, made the text, sing the song and played the guitar.
I recorded it in a studio from a friend and he produced it. Hé alsof made the drums, keyboard and Will mix i't at the end.

Thanks in advance!

Greetz Tim:)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by tflava: Mar 23 2016, 07:27 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fuebob
Mar 23 2016, 11:44 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi mate !

From my opinion I really liked it when the vocals came in.

I found that the VST sound a bit "midi" on the intro, but after that, the vocals came in, and it's great.

Great voice (especially for that kind of genre) and the melody fits great with the guitar.

Great job mate !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 23 2016, 11:52 AM
Experienced Rock Star
I liked it a lot! You have a great voice too! Optimistic lyrics and uniting ideas...Family: all that matters
Good job bro!

+Quote Post
nikeman64
Mar 23 2016, 01:02 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey Tim,

Congratulations with this optimistic song. It really gave me the reggae vibe of freedom, love and unity. Good lyrics and good singing too. Maybe keeping the doubling (or tripling) vocals only for the chorus would open the song more and also use some down/upstrokes here and there to give the guitarpart more life. Just a few thoughts mate ! smile.gif

Great job !!!! Nice Wah solo wink.gif

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
Timmez
Mar 23 2016, 01:15 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks for the feedback guys!
Normally i dont sing but with this reggae song i gave it a shot for the first time

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 23 2016, 06:01 PM
Instructor
Such a lovely mood! Made my day Tim smile.gif So many good vibrations coming out of this tune. Well done smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 23 2016, 08:31 PM
GMC:er
Nicely done!! Your playing is very good and your use of chords is working great. I like the tone as well smile.gif Congrats on completing a tune which is a HUGE thing just by itself!

Toddd

QUOTE (tflava @ Mar 23 2016, 05:35 AM) *
Hello guys,

What do you think of this song?
I arranged the chords, made the text, sing the song and played the guitar.
I recorded it in a studio from a friend and he produced it. Hé alsof made the drums, keyboard and Will mix i't at the end.

Thanks in advance!

Greetz Tim:)

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 23 2016, 10:00 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I like it too, I do have a thing for reggae, we have a local band called Steel Pulse. Check them out for inspiration wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 24 2016, 03:08 PM
Instructor
I've just commented this one at the mentoring thread. You did a KILLER job here! I'm impressed! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Timmez
Mar 24 2016, 07:29 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks guys its nice to see that i'm not the only one who likes the song! smile.gif
And Phil i will check the band you send to me:)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:54 PM