> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Steve Vai Soloing: Whitesnake Era, Lesson By Jonathan Burgos
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

maharzan
May 3 2013, 05:04 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Original lesson: Steve Vai Soloing: Whitesnake Era by Jonathan Burgos

Thank you all for your feedback. :)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 4 2013, 11:15 AM
Instructor
Hey Chandra!

This definitely is a demanding piece and I think that as an ensemble it's getting close to the general idea, but as they say, the devil is in the details, so, let's discuss these a bit:

- the licks at 0:22 and 2:03 could sound more defined
- 0:27-0:28; 0:37 and in a few other spots, the guitar seems to be out of tune..

I think that you need to spend some more slow practice on this one, for those alternate picking licks and to see what's up with the detuning sad.gif It's a pity, because it is a solid ensemble and it could be a 10 smile.gif

Keep rocking mate!

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 4 2013, 12:16 PM
Instructor
Very good take my friend! Comparing the number of flaws to the length of whole track You have a very positive proportion smile.gif This is not an easy one but You got the main concepts and I like Your warm tone. Also Your playing is full od confidence and that's good.

As for the tune it sound like Your guitar was just a few cents too low - I think this could be measure adjustment problem cause when You play lower notes it sound pretty ok. Maybe You could try to tune Your guitar on frtes instead of tuning the open strings.

Alternate picking parts need some more precision but I don't se anything bad in Your right hand movements - Pick angles look ok same as wrist angle and the width of your movement.

Unfortunately most of Your bends is at a bit too low pitch

Vibrato is very nice smile.gif

Timming needs some more focusing on the drum beat cause You miss them at some moments

Overall great work! Congratulations smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 4 2013, 05:31 PM
Instructor
Hi man, good playing on this one. It's a very energetic lesson and your interpretation fits good with it.

There are some adjust that you should do to this one to make it sound perfect. There are some timing issues, mostly in the first phrases. Some fast sections should be practised to make them sound more precise and clear (01:58 and the ones that Cosmin said). I also notice many sections where are pitch/tune issues, this could be a combination of your bending technique with some guitar calibration issues, so pay attention to it and find the solution. (for example starting at 00:48).

Keep on the hard work!

Gab.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
May 5 2013, 09:01 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 7.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:03 PM