New Labtop
jstcrsn
Dec 8 2012, 01:52 PM
Learning Tone Master
my dell finally gave up the ghost
had to get a new one quickly and the only ay to do that was to get one with windows 8, even though 8 is better with a touch screen which I could not afford so am hoping W8 doesn't screw things up to bad

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Dec 8 2012, 02:13 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello jstcrsn ,

i am thinking about buying myself a new laptop from Dell maybe .

Wich model did you choose ?

And what are you mainly gonna do with it and first experience , maybe !?

I mainly use mac but for some things its not bad to get windows too and my old laptop is windows xp some years old and a bit slow now wink.gif

hope you dont mind my questions !

Dieter

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 8 2012, 02:29 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Dec 8 2012, 02:13 PM) *
Hello jstcrsn ,

i am thinking about buying myself a new laptop from Dell maybe .

Wich model did you choose ?

And what are you mainly gonna do with it and first experience , maybe !?

I mainly use mac but for some things its not bad to get windows too and my old laptop is windows xp some years old and a bit slow now wink.gif

hope you dont mind my questions !

Dieter

I did not get another dell, to many computer geeks talked about Asus or lenova , so I got an Asus w/4 ram, 500 storage and a I5 processor . it cost me 450

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Dec 8 2012, 03:10 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Dec 8 2012, 02:29 PM) *
I did not get another dell, to many computer geeks talked about Asus or lenova , so I got an Asus w/4 ram, 500 storage and a I5 processor . it cost me 450

Thank you for answering !

Asus is a good choice my daughter owns one with win 7 and it works well i 5 processor and 4 g ram and great graphic .

Your i5 must be the newest generation what is a good processor and the price is very good !

Gonna check it out the next weeks 7 which model and company and i buy one after new year hopefully the prices go a bit down maybe
but wanna not spend more then 499 Euro .

Dieter

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 8 2012, 03:54 PM
Learning Roadie
If you are using it for recording, the guys at Gearslutz have a thread on Windows 8

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-compu...ience-here.html

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 11 2012, 06:14 PM
GMC:er
Sorry to hear it's dead sad.gif But the good news is, NEW GEAR! smile.gif Let us know what you think about Windows 8 and recording.

Todd

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Dec 8 2012, 07:52 AM) *
my dell finally gave up the ghost
had to get a new one quickly and the only ay to do that was to get one with windows 8, even though 8 is better with a touch screen which I could not afford so am hoping W8 doesn't screw things up to bad

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:12 PM