Multi Effects Or Individual?
GrowingDown1
Oct 19 2007, 04:27 AM
GMC:er
Hi! Let me start by saying that this site is the best thing a guitarist could hope for. My hat is off to everyone who made this website the best improvement tool Ive ever come across.

Now, I play in two bands and Ive always used a multi effects processor for live shows. Right now I am using the a Zoom G7.1 UT. Also on my board I have a Boss GT2 chromatic tuner, a Digitech Jimi Hendrix Wah, and I recently added a Digitech DF7 distortion factory. I have begun to notice how much more I enjoy the ease of use of the individual stom boxes as opposed to the multi effects. I am thinking of going to an all stomp box setup but I dont really know how to go about it. For example, if I am playing a song that goes from a clean tone to distortion to a chorus effect, how will I switch from the ditortion to the chorus fast enough without making a noticeable delay? I mean, I will have to first turn off the distortion and then turn on the chorus. With the multi effect I can program it all into the same bank. How do you go about switching between and combining effects without looking like youre playing hop scotch on stage?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars
PRS Custom 22
ESP EC 1000 Deluxe
Takamine EF341C
Ibanez Soundgear Bass

Effects
Zoom 7.1UT
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Facory
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah
Boss GT2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss BF-3 Flanger

Amp
Hughes and Kettner Warp 7 half Stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:07 AM