Overdue Introduction
loveboat
Jul 31 2012, 11:08 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey

I just recently came back here, after a year, almost to the day smile.gif

Never wrote an intro the first time around so, why not now.

I'm currently 33 years old, and I love guitars.

I started playing classical guitar at age 10, but that only lasted three years, ( I wish I had kept at it). Switched to electrical guitar and mostly taught myself from there.

While playing classical I learned to read music and play finger-style nylon stringed guitar. I still play some of that.

I have a big hole in my music theory, never learned modes or that many scales. Again, I wish I had studied harder when I was a kid, things came a whole lot easier back then. Trying to make up for it, to broaden my skill set.

I love playing around and recording at home, I have a mini studio, some guitars and a bass.
Here is one of my latest arrangements: http://soundcloud.com/the_lb/metley
It's a medley of Metallica songs; a Metley smile.gif

I'd love to hear what you think of it. And I'm looking forward to diving into some new lessons and submitting some more REC-videos.

See you around!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 1 2012, 02:12 AM
Instructor
Hi mate!! welcome back to the site and welcome to the forum! smile.gif
I really enjoyed the metley!! biggrin.gif You played the parts very good.... those metallica's interludes are beautiful.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 1 2012, 08:43 AM
Instructor
Hey, loveboat ! Good to see you back.. I remember your username biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mjd550
Aug 1 2012, 02:54 PM
GMC:er
Welcome back, good arrangement I love anything Metallica related. Makes me want to get out my old Metallica albums out again and listen to them all smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 2 2012, 08:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mjd550 @ Aug 1 2012, 02:54 PM) *
Welcome back, good arrangement I love anything Metallica related. Makes me want to get out my old Metallica albums out again and listen to them all smile.gif

Yep, there's no denying the power of 'Tallica ! I don't understand why it's become so hip these days for people to slag them off. If they'd said those things back in the 80's they would have got a fist in the face ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
loveboat
Aug 4 2012, 06:11 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 1 2012, 03:12 AM) *
Hi mate!! welcome back to the site and welcome to the forum! smile.gif
I really enjoyed the metley!! biggrin.gif You played the parts very good.... those metallica's interludes are beautiful.

Thanks. smile.gif
Yeah, I love the sound of these solo and acoustic parts.
Nothing beats the old Metallica!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Aug 4 2012, 07:25 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

I really enjoyed listening to that. The Master of Puppets part with guitar harmonies sounded great.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 12 2012, 11:19 PM
GMC:er
Welcome back! great name btw smile.gif Nice track as well! When the guitar harmonies and big drums kick it it's really powerful!

QUOTE (loveboat @ Jul 31 2012, 06:08 PM) *
Hey

I just recently came back here, after a year, almost to the day smile.gif

Never wrote an intro the first time around so, why not now.

I'm currently 33 years old, and I love guitars.

I started playing classical guitar at age 10, but that only lasted three years, ( I wish I had kept at it). Switched to electrical guitar and mostly taught myself from there.

While playing classical I learned to read music and play finger-style nylon stringed guitar. I still play some of that.

I have a big hole in my music theory, never learned modes or that many scales. Again, I wish I had studied harder when I was a kid, things came a whole lot easier back then. Trying to make up for it, to broaden my skill set.

I love playing around and recording at home, I have a mini studio, some guitars and a bass.
Here is one of my latest arrangements: http://soundcloud.com/the_lb/metley
It's a medley of Metallica songs; a Metley smile.gif

I'd love to hear what you think of it. And I'm looking forward to diving into some new lessons and submitting some more REC-videos.

See you around!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:55 AM