Practice Schedule Sample
JimmyRare
May 9 2009, 12:45 AM
Learning Roadie
I decided to make a sample of a practice schedule which I think is a good ground to build and customize your own upon.
First I made everyday about the same but then I realized that there are always things you want to practice that doesn't really fit into a category, therefore I made these "freedoom days" where we can have fun practicing whatever we feel like. The structured days will take care of the things most guitar players would want to learn.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Practice makes Perfect!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sigma7
May 9 2009, 01:12 AM
GMC:er
wow, this is useful thanks smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
May 9 2009, 01:56 AM
Instructor
very cool plan. 3 days a week with a plan like this can bring some great results. I personaly don't have a plan, I play what I think I should improve. It's never more than 2 techniques at the same time but if this works for you then great.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
May 9 2009, 01:56 AM
Instructor
I like it, well done !

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
May 9 2009, 02:15 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Nice, I wish I could follow a plan like that smile.gif
I don't have the time to be that structured I'm afraid, but I practice whenever I can though smile.gif

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 9 2009, 05:16 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ May 9 2009, 01:56 AM) *
very cool plan. 3 days a week with a plan like this can bring some great results. I personaly don't have a plan, I play what I think I should improve. It's never more than 2 techniques at the same time but if this works for you then great.

Could you elaborate on this Emir? Are you playing excercises.....musical pieces? I'm always interested in how people practice. Lately I've just been focusing on AP as far as excercises. My legato and tapping I feel are developed enough that I only practice them with specific licks I am writing for collabs or my own music.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 9 2009, 09:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JimmyRare @ May 9 2009, 01:45 AM) *
I decided to make a sample of a practice schedule which I think is a good ground to build and customize your own upon.
First I made everyday about the same but then I realized that there are always things you want to practice that doesn't really fit into a category, therefore I made these "freedoom days" where we can have fun practicing whatever we feel like. The structured days will take care of the things most guitar players would want to learn.

This is a great plan man, if you stick with it, it will definitely produce awesome results. I personally don't do it like this, usually do 3-4 different techniques sometimes less, and with more time on them individually, 15 mins comes out pretty fast time when practicing, this amount of time just goes on some slow tempos, and nothing left for fast tempos. Also it depends from technique to technique, some require more time, some less. I usually adjust the plan as I go along, cause I never know how when I'm going to practice, for how long, so knowing what to practice is the only thing that matters really, time frame gotta be flexible..

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
May 9 2009, 09:43 AM
Learning Rock Star
This seems like a well-structured and potentially awesome plan, JimmyRare, however it's very difficult to follow it persistently... I go to school, so my days vary a lot... I think I also need some more flexibility in my practising ! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
May 9 2009, 09:55 AM
nice shedule, you definitly will improve in all areas if you stick to this smile.gif

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
May 9 2009, 11:54 AM
Instructor
Cool practice schedule, 4hours/day is great. You'll see awesome improvement in a few months!

--------------------

+Quote Post
kjutte
May 9 2009, 04:46 PM
That looks sooo boring tongue.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
May 9 2009, 08:46 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Looks good on paper man, now, you just have to follow it! tongue.gif I wish I had that much time to practice...

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
May 9 2009, 08:47 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Structured practice is surely great to do, and this looks pretty nice to me smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
JimmyRare
May 9 2009, 10:33 PM
Learning Roadie
I should mention that I currently not use a practice schedule, I just practice what I feel I need to practice. This was just made as a smaple for those more inclined to have a guided map.
I've tried to schedule my practice many times and this was once followed, but for me it didn't made very good results because it got boring when I knew what was ahead all the time.
Sorry that I didn't mentioned this from the start. However I hope someone find it helpful.

--------------------
Practice makes Perfect!

+Quote Post
-Zion-
May 9 2009, 10:49 PM
Learning Roadie
thats awesome..

now if only *I* had time to spend 5+ hours on my guitar.. dry.gif

+Quote Post
djohnneay
May 10 2009, 01:40 AM
Seems great technically, but mayby you could throw in some ear training or music theory ?

Technique is important, but not the most important, although not to me.
You should find your own way though, and technically speaking, this scedule can get you very far if you stick with it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JimmyRare
May 10 2009, 08:53 PM
Learning Roadie
I considered "TAB" to be eartraining since you figure out songs by ear and write it down either in tabs or regular notes.

--------------------
Practice makes Perfect!

+Quote Post
djohnneay
May 10 2009, 08:55 PM
Allright, I didn't want to be a wiseguy, just trying to point something out to you wink.gif
If you got 4 hours a day to practice, you can come a long way if you use those 4 hours wisely, which you seem to have done smile.gif

Good luck with your scedule!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ruzz
May 13 2009, 04:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
Overall a good plan. Personally I however think you are lacking some exercises for the left hand.
Perhaps instead of less important things like tapping and sweeping.

One question however..
What do you mean by writing "play pattern in 3rds, 4ths etc."?

--------------------
Sincerely
Ruzz

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:26 AM