> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Bleez’s Building Speed Workshop, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 20 2012, 10:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 20 2012, 05:01 PM) *
thanks Gab smile.gif really appreciate your thoughts on it. I'll check out that software too,cheers.

cool, I'll go with your suggestions and make that part as a bridge and work on a big stoner chorus, then try to introduce a part c. sounds like a good plan to me!

I have the foundation for another similar song on the go just now as well, its in dropped d and much more doom! it kinda reminds me of that band 'sleep', which is cool wink.gif if I can get both of these into songs it will be awesome!

Sound like a good idea! Combining the best sections of two songs in progress could make you create a top level track. Sometimes it's difficult to make it fit, but if you can, your song will be awesome. Can't wait to hear the results! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 2 2012, 04:56 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hey dude smile.gif

Ive added a chorus into that stoner riff, Ive been playing it for about a week on and off.... I think it fits in, would you have a quick listen?
the format so far is - intro riff - verse - bridge - verse - bridge - chorus - verse
http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/troll

This was a similar type of song Ive been playing with but its a bit more Doom dry.gif
the riffs so far I would say are - intro - verse - bridge - verse -bridge - chorus - intro riff
http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/doom

appreciate any thoughts you have on these, thanks dude.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 2 2012, 10:09 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! I am glad of hearing from you!!

Now the first track sounds complete, I love the chorus that you created for this one. I tried singing some melodies over it and now it could be converted in the stoner catchy song that I was talking about. I cant wait to hear this one with the drums and bass.. and also some vocals! The next step would be to have the whole structure and the drum and bass (do you know how to do this?). Once you have the whole structure, a part C and a solo could be added... what do you think?

The new one also sound cool, and its style is directly connected to the first one. The overall feeling reminds me to the great band Down by Phil Anselmo. I like the cuts at the chorus but I would work a bit more that section. You play the idea 3 times, I would play it twice and then add a variation to give the chorus an harmonic and melodic resolution to once again make the tune catchier.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 2 2012, 11:01 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
thanks Gab, its definitely encouraging to get your feedback on these tracks.

dont quite have the spare cash for a drum program just yet but I will soon, its my top priority because I really want to get some drums down smile.gif I have a bass so I'll start working on getting the bass line written.
Im trying to come up with some vocal lines, I dont have anything for the first track yet ( I have some ideas for the second track though )

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 2 2012, 10:09 PM) *
The next step would be to have the whole structure and the drum and bass (do you know how to do this?). Once you have the whole structure, a part C and a solo could be added... what do you think?

Ive never put down drums and bass before but Im going to follow with what you have suggested, I'll get the whole structure down, a part c and a solo.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 2 2012, 10:09 PM) *
The new one also sound cool, and its style is directly connected to the first one. The overall feeling reminds me to the great band Down by Phil Anselmo. I like the cuts at the chorus but I would work a bit more that section. You play the idea 3 times, I would play it twice and then add a variation to give the chorus an harmonic and melodic resolution to once again make the tune catchier.

I'll work some more on the chorus, you're right it will be a lot better with those changes you mentioned.
I came up with a middle section for this song tonight which has a real sabbath style speed change down to about half the tempo..... hopefully it will sound as badass when I record it as it does in my head!

thanks again for your input mate. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 3 2012, 03:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 2 2012, 07:01 PM) *
thanks Gab, its definitely encouraging to get your feedback on these tracks.

dont quite have the spare cash for a drum program just yet but I will soon, its my top priority because I really want to get some drums down smile.gif I have a bass so I'll start working on getting the bass line written.
Im trying to come up with some vocal lines, I dont have anything for the first track yet ( I have some ideas for the second track though )

Ive never put down drums and bass before but Im going to follow with what you have suggested, I'll get the whole structure down, a part c and a solo.

I'll work some more on the chorus, you're right it will be a lot better with those changes you mentioned.
I came up with a middle section for this song tonight which has a real sabbath style speed change down to about half the tempo..... hopefully it will sound as badass when I record it as it does in my head!

thanks again for your input mate. smile.gif

Everything sounds great! Please keep me updated with the progress of these ones! I'm really enjoying this process. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 7 2012, 07:59 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hey Gabe smile.gif

Im still working on bits for those other songs but I also have an idea for a slower type of song with a bit of a fat bass line.
I have the basic bass line down but I am having difficulty telling what the key is! I think it is in 'D' but tbh I could be very wrong!

would you mind taking a quick listen and maybe give me an idea of what scales I can use over this?
Ive tried to work it out but Im a bit lost. The notes in the bassline are D A D C A C A C .

http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/drown-bass

I downloaded a free drum program until I have something better, I know the drums I have put on are not very good but its just for a guide!

thanks mate.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 11 2012, 02:29 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! That's a minor progression so the scales that you can use over it are D minor and D Pentatonic minor. However there are two modes that could also be used over this one... one is D Dorian and the other is D Myxolydian, but this last one would convert the D in a major chord.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 11 2012, 06:31 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 11 2012, 02:29 PM) *
Hi mate! That's a minor progression so the scales that you can use over it are D minor and D Pentatonic minor. However there are two modes that could also be used over this one... one is D Dorian and the other is D Myxolydian, but this last one would convert the D in a major chord.

cool, thanks Gabe. I'll play around with those scales / modes and see what I can get smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 12 2012, 03:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 11 2012, 02:31 PM) *
cool, thanks Gabe. I'll play around with those scales / modes and see what I can get smile.gif

Please share all what you get here! I'm curious! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 13 2012, 12:01 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 12 2012, 03:19 PM) *
Please share all what you get here! I'm curious! smile.gif

thanks gabe I really appreciate your interest, its awesome to have you take a listen to this stuff smile.gif

Ive got a rough draft of what I thought might work for the intro but Im open to any ideas.
My thoughts were to still try to keep in the stoner rock groove and Im hearing the vocals coming in around the 1:38 - 1:40 mark.

http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/drown-intro

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 13 2012, 01:01 AM
Instructor
Wou! I love how this track is evolving!! The drums and the rhythm guitar sound cool! The solo ideas are good too... maybe the first melody is a bit "predictable" and the overall solo could be worked a bit more but this is becoming a great track!

This track came to mind when I heard your song, maybe you can get some inspiration from it. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 13 2012, 09:00 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
yeah... I'll work some more on the melody / lead part, I think you're right about it being too predictable. I thought it sounded okay at the time but Im sure I can do better smile.gif

Ive not heard that band you posted, its quite a cool sounding song, thanks for that. I'll give that a good listen.

cheers bro.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 13 2012, 03:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 13 2012, 05:00 AM) *
yeah... I'll work some more on the melody / lead part, I think you're right about it being too predictable. I thought it sounded okay at the time but Im sure I can do better smile.gif

Ive not heard that band you posted, its quite a cool sounding song, thanks for that. I'll give that a good listen.

cheers bro.

Excellent! I'm anxious to see how this song evolves! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 15 2012, 09:53 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hey bro. worked on that intro some more. Tried a different approach to the lead part and done a little bit more with the drums.
I tried for a more spaced and laid back approach to the lead part this time cool.gif

http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/intro

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 15 2012, 10:30 PM
Instructor
Now we are talking! this is amazing mate! the intro has a perfect vibe. Well done! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 15 2012, 11:38 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 15 2012, 10:30 PM) *
Now we are talking! this is amazing mate! the intro has a perfect vibe. Well done! smile.gif

awesome! thanks very much mate biggrin.gif really glad that you like it. Now I just need to make the rest of the song as cool as the intro cool.gif
thanks for the help with it Gabe.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 16 2012, 12:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 15 2012, 07:38 PM) *
awesome! thanks very much mate biggrin.gif really glad that you like it. Now I just need to make the rest of the song as cool as the intro cool.gif
thanks for the help with it Gabe.

No problem mate! I'm enjoying this! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Nov 3 2012, 11:49 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hey Gabe smile.gif

Ive added in a chorus to that last song and wondered if you'd have a listen.

After the second chorus I think Im going to add in a new riff......... then maybe a guitar solo ohmy.gif

http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/prog3-11

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 4 2012, 02:37 AM
Instructor
Cool! That's a very dark chorus... do you have some melodies in mind for it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Nov 4 2012, 02:50 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 4 2012, 01:37 AM) *
Cool! That's a very dark chorus... do you have some melodies in mind for it?

nothing really definite. Just a couple of ideas but I find it very difficult to come up with vocal melodies. any tips? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:41 PM