2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Another Babe Just Arrived....
Staffy
Jan 14 2010, 11:34 PM
Learning Tone Master
Finally I got the custom ordered Tweed Deluxe clone ready-made, it took the builder bout 2 months to get it ready due to deliverance of speakers, point-to-point soldering etc.

Except that it's an exact copy of a 57 Tweed Deluxe, it also has a "Blackface" -channel that can be linked together with the tweed-channel to produce an even richer sound.....

Specs:
Weber "british" blue speaker
Only NOS-tubes, RCA, Zenith and Philips tubes from the 60's
Heyboer transformer
Hand-wired with only the best components available
VERY authentic look

So far I have tested this baby got THE TONE, even that it might be a little weak for bigger venues, but this was not my purpose, since I will use it slolely as a studio amp. Here's some pics:

//Staffay

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 15 2010, 12:00 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Whew! Congratulations to your new gear! AGAIN. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 15 2010, 12:05 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jan 15 2010, 12:00 AM) *
Whew! Congratulations to your new gear! AGAIN. biggrin.gif

Thx. - but this was the last nail in the coffin - or what is it called in English ???
Now I must try to survive the next 10-15 years or so..... laugh.gif
On the other hand Muris will probably convince me to sell my car in order to get that Axe-Fx stuff,
so I guess I have to practice some cycling down in the basement very soon..... biggrin.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 15 2010, 12:15 AM
Instructor
Great little box Staffy smile.gif Congrats

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 15 2010, 12:24 AM
Learning Roadie
Want. How does the blackface/tweed thing work?

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 15 2010, 12:35 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (JVM @ Jan 15 2010, 12:24 AM) *
Want. How does the blackface/tweed thing work?

Basically the difference between a Blackface and a Tweed is that a Blackface has a dip in the midrange, whilst the tweed has a more straight tonal response giving it a more "Marshall"-sound, even that Fender actually was the first one with this circuit and Marshall later copied the tweed for the JTM 45.

It simply works as connecting the low input from channel 1 to the high input of channel 2, makin them work in conjunction - just as with the old Marshall super Leads where people always cross-connected the channels.... Then You can balance the sound from the two channels with the volume pots to get even a wider range of tones....

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 15 2010, 02:09 AM
Instructor
Congratulations on a new toy Staffay tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Jan 15 2010, 03:48 AM
GMC:er
It's a beauty! I'm looking forward to hearing it. Thanks for the explanation of Tweed and Blackface... this is great stuff that I didn't even know huh.gif

cool.gif
(Fingers of Doom)

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 15 2010, 08:57 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Wow Staffay, you are getting some awesome stuff lately!, you got to record one of those vids playing both the Tweed and the Brian Moore smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 15 2010, 10:14 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Fran @ Jan 15 2010, 08:57 AM) *
Wow Staffay, you are getting some awesome stuff lately!, you got to record one of those vids playing both the Tweed and the Brian Moore smile.gif

Coming up..... although the Tweed is more for my Suhr Strat giving that vintage SRV growl..... smile.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
djohnneay
Jan 15 2010, 10:19 AM
Cool amp Staffy!
I hope it serves you well!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 15 2010, 10:29 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (djohnneay @ Jan 15 2010, 10:19 AM) *
Cool amp Staffy!
I hope it serves you well!

The problem herein lies rather in will I serve the amp well???? laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boson
Jan 15 2010, 11:12 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Staffy

Please send me a seed from your money tree so that I can try to grow my own biggrin.gif

Great looking amp looking forward to hearing a sample.

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 15 2010, 01:08 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
That's a nice babe you got yourself there! Treat her well!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 15 2010, 05:28 PM
Instructor
Cool looking amp, very nicely built. Congratulations on the new baby! smile.gif

Is there an option to connect it to external cab for more wider sound?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 15 2010, 05:55 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 15 2010, 05:28 PM) *
Cool looking amp, very nicely built. Congratulations on the new baby! smile.gif

Is there an option to connect it to external cab for more wider sound?

Nah, not really... Unless You un-plug the internal speaker and use that jack for the external speaker. But that is easily fixed if I ask for I think..... He also builds exactly the same amps with a heavier transformer and some more power tubes with two 12-inch as well as Bassman copies (or whatever, You can simply tell him what You want) I will probably order another one later for live usage, since this amp so far sounds incredible good, but thats gonna be one with some more power in it.....
Since he doesn't run it as a company, rather selling them private, the prizes is very moderate comparing to other "boutique" amps, even that he uses better parts sometimes....

You can check out his stuff here: www.larsreinau.dk

//Staffay

This post has been edited by Staffy: Jan 15 2010, 05:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 15 2010, 05:56 PM
Sweet!!!!

Now, let me know your address and when you are on Vacation so I can make a little 'visit' to your house!!
tongue.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 15 2010, 06:12 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jan 15 2010, 05:56 PM) *
Sweet!!!!

Now, let me know your address and when you are on Vacation so I can make a little 'visit' to your house!!
tongue.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Hmmm, You're welcome anytime, and please bring some buddies! Where I live there is plenty of room!!!! laugh.gif
Oh, btw. the address is:

Kumla Prison
24456 Kumla
Sweden

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 15 2010, 07:33 PM
Instructor
I'll come by for a game of chess then if there is a spare room laugh.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 15 2010, 07:46 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 15 2010, 07:33 PM) *
I'll come by for a game of chess then if there is a spare room laugh.gif

Oohh, don't worry! When the government has done the check-up on our incomes in "Coffee Lovers at GMC" next year, You will have a suite for a loooong time next to mine!!!! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:04 AM