N3m57's Bootcamp, Glory Awaits!!!
Todd Simpson
Nov 9 2017, 07:28 AM
GMC:er
Welcome to SHRED BOOTCAMP! I'll be your Drill Instructor! And I do mean DRILL! As in a large power tool used in slasher films and Paul Gilbert concerts. Here is were you EARN THE LIVING DEATH out of your fingers and break through any speed bumps/barriers to become a MASTER CHIEF of Shred!

MISSON #1

THE MISSION

1.)Your mission is to go all the way back to the very start. The base of the mountain.

LESSON 1. http://bitly.com/gmclesson1

Which you will play SLOWWWWWWLLY, very SLOWWWLLLLYYYY until you master it at a crawl (As You'll Do With Each Mission, and focus on left hand FORM! Make it SUPER PERFECT!). Speed it up bit by bit until you feel your ready to take it to WAR (Any speed, it's up to you) Shoot a video of you playing the bit along with a METRONOME or DRUM click in the background so that I can hear if your on beat or not, and embed it as a post it as a reply to this post. I'll then offer a constructive and brutally honest critique.

THE AFTERMATH

Upon nailing the crap out of lesson one, and playing it a clean as a freshly waxed floor, you will be given your first insignia of Rank in BOOTCAMP!

After that proceed to MISSION #2. Here is a link to all of the missions. All 400+ of them.
http://bit.ly/twtgmc

Here is the link to your own PRIVATE HOUSE OF PAIN!...Er I mean.. SHRED!
http://bit.ly/n3m57sbootcamp
Practice!
Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 9 2017, 07:29 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
n3m57
Nov 9 2017, 10:33 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Todd,

Here the vid "Mission 1" :

There is two videos in one :
one take with slow tempo and another with faster tempo.

When I try to play fast, something goes wrong, I move too much my forearm and my wrist looks "static", but I had to try and share this one.
I think the secret is to keep working at low tempo and especially relaxed but I ask myself a lot of questions ...
Is my right hand + forearm position look good? My wrist motiont too? And the way I hold my pick ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 10 2017, 03:31 AM
Welcome to BOOTCAMP Soldier! You have drawn FIRST BLOOD!! You've got the video, the audio and the playing. Well done on getting all the elements going. Let's look at your playing!! Debrief!

MEDALS OF HONOR

*PICKING: Right off the bat you have good form!! Your right hand stays planted on the bridge, which is a good thing imho, and doesn't jump around. Also, your pick strikes are nice and clean!

*FRETTING: Very clean fretting and left hand work. Nice!!

[b*PACE:[/b] Not rushing or lagging. Good timing. Score!

In short, you made quick work of this! These first few missions are really just to give you a chance to get up to speed on the process. One thing I'd suggest for your next mission vid, bump up your guitar volume just a pinch. As for this mission you KRUSHED it and ..

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (n3m57 @ Nov 9 2017, 05:33 PM) *
Thanks Todd,

Here the vid "Mission 1" :

There is two videos in one :
one take with slow tempo and another with faster tempo.

When I try to play fast, something goes wrong, I move too much my forearm and my wrist looks "static", but I had to try and share this one.
I think the secret is to keep working at low tempo and especially relaxed but I ask myself a lot of questions ...
Is my right hand + forearm position look good? My wrist motiont too? And the way I hold my pick ?

+Quote Post
n3m57
Nov 11 2017, 12:03 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Sarge,
Thanks for your feedback !

I used my DAW for mission 2, sound is better :

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 11 2017, 09:23 PM
NICE!!! Well fought Soldier!! You are ripping through the Missions like a Man Possessed! Keep it up! Let's Debrief.

MEDALS OF HONOR

*PLANTED LIKE A TREE: Very good technique on the left hand. Very important to get used to planting it on the bridge and rotating the wrist instead of moving the entire hand. Allows full muting and access to every string. I know I harp on this a LOT but it's just freaking critical to the bits that are to come. Nicely done!

*STEADY LIKE A ROCK: Very good pacing. You have done very well on your pacing so far. It's another bit that's just crucial. If you rush or lag, it will show and being able to keep an even pace is part of the "you gotta learn to play like a robot to shred like a God" path that you are on. Score!

*AGGRESSIVE STYLE: Very nice tone on this one and your overall aggression toward the mission is coming through in spades. I like to see it when folks really attack the mission and don't hold back. Nailed it!

In Short you just.....

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

P.S. I'm holding QUICK LICKS #3 for one more week to give you and a few other folks a chance to have a crack at it!!! Here is the link.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=753628

Sarge

QUOTE (n3m57 @ Nov 11 2017, 07:03 AM) *
Hi Sarge,
Thanks for your feedback !

I used my DAW for mission 2, sound is better :

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:01 PM