4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Pirate Bay Guys In Jail !, Check this out
Koopid
Apr 18 2009, 12:08 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Apr 18 2009, 12:59 PM) *
I get your point Koopid , but by closing TPB site they stop illegal uploads and downloads.
I am not lawyer nor know the case of what their rights are, but I am certainly not defending them.

If we go down that road (BMW, Telephone, Internet...) and we forbid everything, we will end up 100's of years behind with technology and thats not helping anyone smile.gif

But this is not about closing TPB site. That wont happen because of this. This is about if the owners has commited a crime.

I am *not* defending illegal downloads either. What I *am* doing is arguing wether its is right to put people in jail when they haven't commited a crime.

And if we start walking the road because the entertainment industry has epically failed to follow technology why should we stop there? If we start putting people in jail without commiting crimes where will it end?

This is not the right way to stop this. I am sick and tired of the entertainment industry blaming *everyone* but themselves.

NOTE: These are my opinions, I have no legal background or schooling. I am just stating *my opinons* based on *my interpretions (is this a word?)* of the laws in sweden.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Amp
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Marshall 1960A cab
Guitars
ESP Eclipse I CTM Snow White
Jackson SLSMG
Takamine EG320C
Bass
Epiphone Thunderbird Goth Bass
Effects/Stomps
Boss SD1
Boss MT2 Metalzone
Dunlop Zack Wylde Wah
Behringer BEQ700 Equalizer
Harley Benton PT-100 stagetuner
Studio EQ
PodXT Live
Edirol FA 66 soundcard
Yamaha HS50M monitors
Macbook pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tsarpf
Apr 18 2009, 12:26 PM
GMC:er
I think it's pretty much a waste of money and time to try to close the trackers down. I also think that piracy isn't ever going to be reduced significantly by doing the stuff they're doing now.

In my opinion the record/movie/music/game companies should focus on making the other option than pirating more attracting. For example, by removing the copy-preventing systems (since all they do is harm to the legal purcharser of the product) and making the prices cheaper if possible

And anyways, if they managed to shut down all torrent sites etc, file sharers would just go underground. VPN's are Very easy to create...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Moon Boots
Apr 18 2009, 12:30 PM
The website isn't going down by the way - the case has nothing to do with the website at all.

In fact, there are more people than ever on the website right now as a result of this court case. All the case has achieved is major advertising for the site.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 18 2009, 12:36 PM
Instructor
There is no way that the piracy will be lowered, it will now only continue to increase due to publicity this case got. I don't think these guys should go unpunished, they certainly knew what they were doing, and probably (and I say probably) made some money out of it, but I think many people would do the same thing if they were in their place.

Besides, comparing the stuff that big companies do to create huge amounts of profit for themselves - this looks really like a child play. Child play that is endangering them.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Koopid
Apr 18 2009, 06:40 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Apr 18 2009, 01:36 PM) *
.... I don't think these guys should go unpunished, they certainly knew what they were doing...

Sure they knew what they were doing, that is not what this is about. It is about if what they did was illegal. I don't think it is illegal so they should be unpunished.

And the cost to keep the servers that what was it?40%? of the worlds internet traffic was going through is certainly not payed enough by the advertising on the site that they had to make any money off of it.

Again, I am not defending illegal activities. I am defending the right to host legal sites without going to jail.

--------------------
Gear
Amp
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Marshall 1960A cab
Guitars
ESP Eclipse I CTM Snow White
Jackson SLSMG
Takamine EG320C
Bass
Epiphone Thunderbird Goth Bass
Effects/Stomps
Boss SD1
Boss MT2 Metalzone
Dunlop Zack Wylde Wah
Behringer BEQ700 Equalizer
Harley Benton PT-100 stagetuner
Studio EQ
PodXT Live
Edirol FA 66 soundcard
Yamaha HS50M monitors
Macbook pro

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 18 2009, 07:35 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Koopid @ Apr 18 2009, 07:40 PM) *
Again, I am not defending illegal activities. I am defending the right to host legal sites without going to jail.

Otherwise Google is really in for it now. They link to the same torrents, they display information on how to build bombs (promoting terrorism), you can find addresses to people who sell drugs, you can even find where to order illegal drugs.

I think the ruling was more political than anything else. I hope they will find that what the piratebay are doing is legal and rather than the filesharers are the ones violating the law.

It's great news for the media companies though. Now the can get the penalty payed from the site sharing the information AND from the ones filesharing. Meaning they can get a lost sale payed over and over and over again spite it might have been paied in the first case already.

Filesharing is illegal, no doubt about it, call it stealing, fraud or whatever, but holding up a sign pointing to a file that in itself can't be illiegal. Using the file to get copyrighted media for free and then uploading it to others, that's wrong.

They have appealed, I hope the next ruling makes sence and will be juste. Otherwise we have a silly precendent that will be misused... I'd sue map makers for including the Amsterdam Redlight district showing people how to get there. That's how stupid this ruling was, imo.

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Apr 18 2009, 08:10 PM
Learning Roadie
like some (if not all) swedes in this topic, i too am *not* happy with the decision that happened to TPB..

While i in no way condone downloading illegal materiel, this trial has been a joke from the beginning.. the prosecuters having no clue about the technology, having only people from the music industry (high-up) telling everyone that TPB is the devils work.. and even having the cop investigating TPB being on the payroll for the music companies.. this has no way been a "clean" trial, and i sincerely hope TPB win the next round..

i cannot begin to fathom the implications that may come if this will be the final result.. but it will definately be a bad thing..

And ya.. i hate the IPRED as well.. no private company should be allowed access to peoples personal information based on an IP without going to a judge first..

The entertainment industry should embrace the technology instead of sitting on their behinds trying to stop it.. if the movie and music industry had been just a bit ahead of their game, they could have had the cake that apple is now getting through itunes..

besides.. who is really getting the money when you buy a cd?

do you guys remember the band.. i cant remember who.. coldplay perhaps??? who put their album on the internet as a free download, and if you wanted to, you could pay whatever you liked to them.. even though a lot of people probably just downloaded the album, it actually ended up being a total success earning them more than the previous album only on cd..

+Quote Post
sigma7
Apr 18 2009, 08:17 PM
i have nothing against pirate bay...if it is not illegal to let a friend borrow a cd, what is the difference? It is like letting a friend borrow a billion times. i suscribe to rhapsody so i dont steal music but hey, it is impossible to stop this anyway. Maybe instead of trying to ban it which is impossible, they shoould find a way on how musicians can actually profit off torrents

--------------------

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Apr 18 2009, 08:21 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Apr 18 2009, 09:35 PM) *
...you can find addresses to people who sell drugs, you can even find where to order illegal drugs...

I didn`t know that somewhere is legal drugs laugh.gif

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Apr 18 2009, 08:22 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (AlexLion @ Apr 18 2009, 09:21 PM) *

i guess most of what's in the pharmacy are legal drugs? wink.gif

This post has been edited by -Zion-: Apr 18 2009, 08:22 PM

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 18 2009, 08:22 PM

A Pharmacy maybe... wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 18 2009, 09:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (-Zion- @ Apr 18 2009, 09:22 PM) *
i guess most of what's in the pharmacy are legal drugs? ;)

Most of it is, but there are a lot of drugs that have illegal chemical substances in very small doses. Also lots of drugs in the pharmacy (even the one you can buy freely) is very dangerous if not taken by the recommendation of the doctor.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Skalde
Apr 18 2009, 09:23 PM
Learning Roadie

Alcohol and nicotine are the most popular ones.
There are some other drugs (which are not that dangerous as ts alc. and nic.) which are legal in most of the countries, but I won't post them, although they are legal.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 18 2009, 09:40 PM
either way, pharmacy's are off topic

+Quote Post
micpon
Apr 18 2009, 10:13 PM
There is no way to stop it. The knowledge is there and its developing. Im sure they are going to solve it with computerlicence or taxes.

+Quote Post
JVM
Apr 18 2009, 10:42 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (-Zion- @ Apr 18 2009, 03:10 PM) *
do you guys remember the band.. i cant remember who.. coldplay perhaps??? who put their album on the internet as a free download, and if you wanted to, you could pay whatever you liked to them.. even though a lot of people probably just downloaded the album, it actually ended up being a total success earning them more than the previous album only on cd..

That was Radiohead I believe. That or Nine Inch Nails, who did a very similar thing.

I agree with the viewpoint that the entertainment industry really, seriously needs to get their act together. While it's true that the above formula probably only worked for NIN and Radiohead because of their fame, I firmly believe that this technology is NOT going away, and needs to be embraced.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Apr 18 2009, 10:47 PM
I just came home from Stockholm where I was demonstrating against this ruling, together with 1000 other swedes. I really don't like what happened yesterday, and it's got nothing to do with me supporting piracy, it's pretty much the same reasons that so many others have already mentioned. Today I'm ashamed to be swedish. But when they have appealed once or twice and have been set free as I am convinced they will be, I'll hopefully not be as ashamed as I am today.

QUOTE (MickeM @ Apr 18 2009, 08:35 PM) *
Otherwise Google is really in for it now. They link to the same torrents, they display information on how to build bombs (promoting terrorism), you can find addresses to people who sell drugs, you can even find where to order illegal drugs.

GMC should also watch out. We have links to Youtube here with copyrighted material, wich could be some trouble. And same goes for pretty much everyone with a blog or a homepage.

Not that it has anything to do with the topic, but there are a lot of legal drugs, that aren't sold in the pharmacy. New substances similar to old that are so new that people who take them don't know anything about what they're doing (mostly). Legal drugs are, if possible, even more horrible than the illegal ones.

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: Apr 18 2009, 10:47 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
sigma7
Apr 18 2009, 10:51 PM
QUOTE (micpon @ Apr 18 2009, 04:13 PM) *
There is no way to stop it. The knowledge is there and its developing. Im sure they are going to solve it with computerlicence or taxes.

taxing is not a bad idea, they would probably get money from sponsors for ads and in turn would pay taxes and in turn would pay the copyright things

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Apr 18 2009, 10:55 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Apr 18 2009, 09:47 PM) *
GMC should also watch out. We have links to Youtube here with copyrighted material, wich could be some trouble. And same goes for pretty much everyone with a blog or a homepage.

Thanks Fsgdjv - I'm pretty sure that Kris has received very good legal advice wrt DMCAI and the impending II. It is something that we are aware of and review but this is something we need to watch smile.gif .

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
Apr 18 2009, 11:13 PM
I cant feel sorry for this guys, they knew what they did.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 05:52 AM