Nita Strauss First Female Solo Artist To Top The Rock Radio Chart!
Todd Simpson
Jan 13 2022, 07:47 AM
GMC:er
Unlike her last album/single, which barely cracked the charts, Nita Strauss has a new single out and it's #1 on the Rock Radio chart. What changed? Simple! She added a vocalist! Not just any belter either, she added the singer from Disturbed. All of the sudden her somewhat mediocre riffing is transformed in to a cool song that isn't bad at all! Without the vocals, I have no doubt that this one would have performed like her last one. It's a tough thing to be making instrumental music these days. There is just so much of it being cranked out by millions of bedroom solo acts all over the world that it's hard to keep up and so much of it is mediocre at best. But, add a good vocalist to the mix and bam. Things can get much more interesting for a lot more people. I'm not saying this formula is bullet proof, because nothing is. Just that she made a smart move and added a great singer and now she topping the Rock Radio chart. You go girl!!

*She is the first female solo artist to hit the top of this chart. Nice.

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/nita-strau...adio-number-one
Attached Image
Here is the track

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 13 2022, 07:49 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 14 2022, 06:43 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I love that track. I also love Nita's guitar, the way, due to the frets getting closer, the heart beat inlays get faster as you climb the neck, clever cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 15 2022, 07:12 PM
GMC:er
It's a very spiff track to be sure smile.gif here last album didn't get nearly this much traction. the music is similar of course, but the addition of the singer is what pushed it over imho. It's amazing how much a good singer can bring to a track. As guitar players, we often want the music to be the focus, sadly, non musicians can have a hard time relating to instrumental material relative to songs with good vocal hooks/performance.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 14 2022, 01:43 AM) *
I love that track. I also love Nita's guitar, the way, due to the frets getting closer, the heart beat inlays get faster as you climb the neck, clever cool.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:10 AM