Caspian (original Audio), requesting feedback
Vulpine
Dec 10 2013, 12:11 PM
GMC:er
Just Purchased a reaper license and am now using ez drummer .... am still learning the mechanics for both but thought I'd put up a demo of recording from that software

this was a bit rushed i'll admit I hope u can forgive me my next track will be better I promise = )

http://markway16.bandcamp.com/album/6-a-m-ep

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Vulpine: Dec 10 2013, 12:18 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 10 2013, 12:59 PM
Instructor
Some really beautiful textures in there. Love the Satch type tones.

What sounded odd to me is that drums pick up this more intense beat about half way through but the rest of the music doesn't reflect the change in intensity.. which makes me think either match the change with the music or don't have that faster drum beat because the drums sound more like a second thought in the background. They don't really have much impact on the music itself.

The key change about 3/4 of the way through seems odd too.

Apart from those things I really enjoyed it smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Dec 10 2013, 07:32 PM
hey thanks for the feed....

I kno what u mean about the drums originally I had a heavier riff that I was going to put there but in the end i decided To try n keep the track mellow so I deleted my original idea n replaced it ... but forgot to replace that drum sequence with something more suddle

and about the key changes it was partially experimental but also I didnt want the piece to sound depressing or boring If I were to have kept the first melody in for the whole duration it would have n i didnt want that so = )

= ) thanks ben *cough* (teach me how to shred one day ) *Cough Cough*

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 10 2013, 08:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Dec 10 2013, 06:32 PM) *
= ) thanks ben *cough* (teach me how to shred one day ) *Cough Cough*

laugh.gif

Very subtle tongue.gif

Well, all my lessons are here any time smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 12 2013, 01:57 AM
Instructor
Hi mate, it's a nice track! I like the overall feel. I think that your drums could sound bigger, you should experiment a bit with EQ, compressors and reverb to give more life to the rhythm section. The guitars sounds very cool and that last pattern with delay is very interesting... I would use it more and develop it.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Dec 12 2013, 05:03 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey, nice track here! Some solid Satch and Buckethead influences are coming through for me! smile.gif

I too think the drums could be turned up a little. As Gab said, EQ'ing, compressing and reverb can bring more life to anything if used correctly. The main problem is that the samples in EZDrummer are already EQed and compressed to sound good and make is 'EZ' for the user. This means you don't get as much flexibility as you would in a program like Superior drummer.

PS: I finished the song Caspian and Luna came on and I thought I'd say the octave riff is just awesome!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Dec 12 2013, 05:38 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 12 2013, 12:57 AM) *
Hi mate, it's a nice track! I like the overall feel. I think that your drums could sound bigger, you should experiment a bit with EQ, compressors and reverb to give more life to the rhythm section. The guitars sounds very cool and that last pattern with delay is very interesting... I would use it more and develop it.

never knew what compressors did other then sustain notes more i think , I think I have the compressors turned off too... I guess I need to sit down with my pedal board n do some tweaking thanks for the advice

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Dec 12 2013, 04:03 AM) *
Hey, nice track here! Some solid Satch and Buckethead influences are coming through for me! smile.gif

I too think the drums could be turned up a little. As Gab said, EQ'ing, compressing and reverb can bring more life to anything if used correctly. The main problem is that the samples in EZDrummer are already EQed and compressed to sound good and make is 'EZ' for the user. This means you don't get as much flexibility as you would in a program like Superior drummer.

PS: I finished the song Caspian and Luna came on and I thought I'd say the octave riff is just awesome!

Thanks Taka am still new to Ez Drummer but hopefully that shouldnt be too difficult to figure out

This post has been edited by Vulpine: Dec 12 2013, 05:40 PM

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Dec 12 2013, 06:10 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Dec 12 2013, 05:38 PM) *
never knew what compressors did other then sustain notes more i think...

Somewhere on the forum I did a series of threads called 'fun with compressors'. They go in to some detail of sme of the ways that you can use them beyond what most people do.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 12 2013, 07:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Dec 12 2013, 02:10 PM) *
Somewhere on the forum I did a series of threads called 'fun with compressors'. They go in to some detail of sme of the ways that you can use them beyond what most people do.

Thanks Tony for reminding me about this!!

Here are the amazing series that Tony is talking about:

Fun with compressors

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:12 AM