4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Jstcrn - Wellcome To The World Of Plug-ins
jstcrsn
Dec 6 2013, 01:12 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 6 2013, 10:35 AM) *
Ta dam smile.gif

relivethefuture.com/music/patches/GuitarHacksImpulses.rar

One of the most popular and warm sounding impulses is Catharsis 1on_pres5 smile.gif

You can get some links to impulse packs by googling "guitar impulses download" most of those are on the forums

ohhh...and don't forget to set kefir mix knob to 100%

my computer will not open a rar file . I don't want to select some random download that I don't know is secure, do you know of any and would I save them into the lecab file

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 6 2013, 01:59 PM
Instructor
Wrong. All cab packages You will find are packed to rar. Rar is same type of file compression as zip. You don't have to be aware. Somewhere in the net there is a free rar extractor. You don't have to own original WinRar

Example:

http://free-rar-extract-frog.en.lo4d.com/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 7 2013, 03:22 PM
Learning Tone Master
I ended up trying th1 , this is there factory metal setting, I lowered the gain a little but just thought I would let you start from here

Attached File(s)
Attached File  plugins_testing_1.wav ( 11.25MB ) Number of downloads: 130

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 9 2013, 07:47 PM
Instructor
Ok. The choice of plug-ins is on Your side smile.gif I won't claim smile.gif Sound pretty ok. Can You upload it with full band so we could check how it acts in the mix ?smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 9 2013, 08:06 PM
GMC:er
Looks like you are off and running smile.gif The TH1 package is a great place to start IMHO, simply because it installs easy and is self contained. Cabs/fx, etc. All in one handy interface smile.gif

Like we talked about in chat, try adding a second guitar cab in your chain to tame any sizzle/fizz. Double click on the guitar cab itself and you get a pop up menu with new options smile.gif You can change which micrphones your using etc.

Todd

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Dec 7 2013, 09:22 AM) *
I ended up trying th1 , this is there factory metal setting, I lowered the gain a little but just thought I would let you start from here

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 16 2013, 02:38 PM
Learning Tone Master
so frustrated , it seems like everytime I try to record with a backing i can't get anywhere close to a good sound, sounds like crap, it doesn't belong in the song, its so bad I loose my confidence then I dont play what I want or bend in tune, major help needed

Attached File(s)
Attached File  clean_solo.wav ( 10.97MB ) Number of downloads: 89
Attached File  whitsnake_vchristmas.wav ( 10.97MB ) Number of downloads: 131

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 16 2013, 04:01 PM
Instructor
Let's start from the whitesnake. Your tone is veeery dark. Please post all settings - plug-in and external track settings if there are any. Simple suggestion - add some treble, take of some middle and bass in the amp section. Also...check if there is any Low Pass Filter turned on in the EQ section - it sound like there is one

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 16 2013, 04:16 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 16 2013, 04:01 PM) *
Let's start from the whitesnake. Your tone is veeery dark. Please post all settings - plug-in and external track settings if there are any. Simple suggestion - add some treble, take of some middle and bass in the amp section. Also...check if there is any Low Pass Filter turned on in the EQ section - it sound like there is one

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 16 2013, 04:57 PM
Instructor
Settings looks pretty bright...though. Maybe the treble cut is somewhere else. Could You post eq settings on the track You play Your guitar through?

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 16 2013, 07:16 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 16 2013, 04:57 PM) *
Settings looks pretty bright...though. Maybe the treble cut is somewhere else. Could You post eq settings on the track You play Your guitar through?

I don't have any thing on other than the screen shots of th1, that why I gave you a clean signal without anything to see if you could get a good tone with it

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 16 2013, 08:02 PM
Learning Tone Master
ok this is better and more simple, this is the only thing on this signal

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 17 2013, 04:02 PM
Instructor
This is good idea. Send me Your guitar raw file. I'll see what I can do and I could send You a reference preset. Also...very important - please post here a few similar (one type of playing style) examples from the other people sounds that You would like to refer to. Your current tone is very dark (lot's middle, lack of treble) if covers many things in the mix. I would probable start from removing a bit of 200-600 Hz (up to 2-5 dB cut experiments, wide range). But...some people use this type of tone so I have to know a reference for Your research.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 17 2013, 04:22 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 17 2013, 04:02 PM) *
This is good idea. Send me Your guitar raw file. I'll see what I can do and I could send You a reference preset. Also...very important - please post here a few similar (one type of playing style) examples from the other people sounds that You would like to refer to. Your current tone is very dark (lot's middle, lack of treble) if covers many things in the mix. I would probable start from removing a bit of 200-600 Hz (up to 2-5 dB cut experiments, wide range). But...some people use this type of tone so I have to know a reference for Your research.

staring at about 40 seconds, I love the sustain , with the lower amount of drive

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Dec 17 2013, 04:25 PM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 18 2013, 02:58 PM
Instructor
ha ha smile.gif I've just notice one thing (before testing Your raw audio file). Yellow distortion pedal ----Do You get more treble when turning it off?

My advice is....before plugging anything in front of the amp...make sure You set up the tone controls on the amp itself. Distorion pedals are used to boost/ affest articulation but to get better effect rathen then messing up the tone, there is some knowlege needed. First of all that kind of distortion might be a reason of Your muddy tone.

Usually people add this kind of boost with gain almost to 0 , tone - 75-100%, volume (matter of distortion boost You expect but very often - 100%).

It work like it's cheating the amp that Your guitar is brighter...so the amp become much softer (easy playing - You know all pinch harmonics and muting get's easier - less strength - more attack )

I would start from this point. first try to set up Your guitar through the amp without od pedal. We'll go back to it soon

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 18 2013, 03:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 18 2013, 02:58 PM) *
ha ha smile.gif I've just notice one thing (before testing Your raw audio file). Yellow distortion pedal ----Do You get more treble when turning it off?

My advice is....before plugging anything in front of the amp...make sure You set up the tone controls on the amp itself. Distorion pedals are used to boost/ affest articulation but to get better effect rathen then messing up the tone, there is some knowlege needed. First of all that kind of distortion might be a reason of Your muddy tone.

Usually people add this kind of boost with gain almost to 0 , tone - 75-100%, volume (matter of distortion boost You expect but very often - 100%).

It work like it's cheating the amp that Your guitar is brighter...so the amp become much softer (easy playing - You know all pinch harmonics and muting get's easier - less strength - more attack )

I would start from this point. first try to set up Your guitar through the amp without od pedal. We'll go back to it soon

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 19 2013, 04:54 PM
Instructor
From thix mix I can say that low mids still rule in the guitar tone. But...it's a bit better. To understand the process of creating tone let's leave the presets and start from the bacis.

1. Turn off everything in the chain - I see there is a lot of stuff. For this moment we only need the amp seem, cabinet sim

2. Leave only one cab sim (I see You have to cabs there - it can be cool as long as You know how to use it...it's bad idea at the beginner stage)

3. Turn all EQ knobs on the amp to 12 o'clock (50%)

Send me the mix (We'll make it step by step - very tiny steps) It will help You to understand how all those gear puzzles relate to each other smile.gif Waiting for mix to give another advices.

sim = simulation

Also...please add a screen of new settings

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 20 2013, 01:37 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 19 2013, 04:54 PM) *
From thix mix I can say that low mids still rule in the guitar tone. But...it's a bit better. To understand the process of creating tone let's leave the presets and start from the bacis.

1. Turn off everything in the chain - I see there is a lot of stuff. For this moment we only need the amp seem, cabinet sim

2. Leave only one cab sim (I see You have to cabs there - it can be cool as long as You know how to use it...it's bad idea at the beginner stage)

3. Turn all EQ knobs on the amp to 12 o'clock (50%)

Send me the mix (We'll make it step by step - very tiny steps) It will help You to understand how all those gear puzzles relate to each other smile.gif Waiting for mix to give another advices.

sim = simulation

Also...please add a screen of new settings

I also have a picture of the wave lenght , it seems weak even though I had the out puts one click away from clipping in overloud, the clean guitar signal is in post 33

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Dec 20 2013, 01:59 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 20 2013, 06:52 AM
GMC:er
Todd here smile.gif Just for an idea, did you try any of my presets as a starting point? Starting with a prebuilt starting point may help you get closer to where you are trying to be. I'd suggest downloading all of them to be honest and just clicking through til you find one you like. At that point, you can desconstruct it to find out what you like about it and use it as a template to build your own smile.gif

Of course, you can skip all that and just start from scratch like you are doing now as well, it will just take a bit more time. Either way smile.gif Whatever works for you.

Here is a link to the OVERLOUD TH1 PRESET VAULT smile.gif

http://bitly.com/overloud_th1_archive

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Dec 19 2013, 07:37 PM) *
I also have a picture of the wave lenght , it seems weak even though I had the out puts one click away from clipping in overloud, the clean guitar signal is in post 33

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 20 2013, 06:52 AM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 20 2013, 09:08 AM
Instructor
Thanx for feedback. Keep in mind that we want to help our friend understand the mechanism of creating tone + get known with his gear. This will help him to work with other plug-ins as well. Cheers wink.gif

Of course You might try some presets J wink.gif

Back to the topic:

Input volume set up - play the strongest note of Your solo and adjust input so there would be NO CLIPPING. Later You can always boost the signal with any plug-in plugged before the amp sim. (We will do it later)

I don't want to write to many things at the same time to avoid confusion (I know how it is when You try to learn something and You have all at once instead of doing things slowly with full analyze)

1. If You have clipping on amp indicator turn it's volume down until there is absolutely none clipping.

2. Decrease backing track volume if needed - very often backing tracks are normalized, mastered or call it however You like. This makes the even but also very loud. We always try to worok around 13-16 dB are to avoid full mix clipping. Later we normalize the mix so don't be worry od it's poor volume at the stage of mixing

3. Try to set up the guitar to backing track ratio so the guitar is clear enough. Now it's too hidden

4. Add LPF and HPF in Your guitar eq section (Low Pass filter and High Pass filter)
This way we will remove some lowest bass range (to not interfer with bass guitar in the mix) and remove some harsh treble and without loosing some juicy bite in the tone. Do You know how to add those to the track?

This post has been edited by Darius Wave: Dec 20 2013, 09:48 AM

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 20 2013, 02:19 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 20 2013, 09:08 AM) *
Thanx for feedback. Keep in mind that we want to help our friend understand the mechanism of creating tone + get known with his gear. This will help him to work with other plug-ins as well. Cheers wink.gif

Of course You might try some presets J wink.gif

Back to the topic:

Input volume set up - play the strongest note of Your solo and adjust input so there would be NO CLIPPING. Later You can always boost the signal with any plug-in plugged before the amp sim. (We will do it later)

I don't want to write to many things at the same time to avoid confusion (I know how it is when You try to learn something and You have all at once instead of doing things slowly with full analyze)

1. If You have clipping on amp indicator turn it's volume down until there is absolutely none clipping.

2. Decrease backing track volume if needed - very often backing tracks are normalized, mastered or call it however You like. This makes the even but also very loud. We always try to worok around 13-16 dB are to avoid full mix clipping. Later we normalize the mix so don't be worry od it's poor volume at the stage of mixing

3. Try to set up the guitar to backing track ratio so the guitar is clear enough. Now it's too hidden

4. Add LPF and HPF in Your guitar eq section (Low Pass filter and High Pass filter)
This way we will remove some lowest bass range (to not interfer with bass guitar in the mix) and remove some harsh treble and without loosing some juicy bite in the tone. Do You know how to add those to the track?

this comp had a low and high in it, if you want to have separate plugins - I do not have a separate high pass

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:40 AM