Local Atlanta Metal : Lazerwulf
Todd Simpson
Mar 10 2016, 11:48 PM
GMC:er
Still one of my fave Atlanta Metal bands and it's not easy being an Atlanta Metal band as finding a venue to play at is getting harder by the day. The big metal place is turning in to lofts/flats sad.gif Anyhoo, this is a show from my buddy Matt @ indieatl.com

took some pix after the recording. Very cool guys and laid back. Bits remind me of early Mastadon. Lead player is using a Stock Schecter Hell Raiser.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
TRA
Dec 3 2016, 08:22 PM
9 months later... Love the mix of this video. It sounds so refreshing to hear the instruments without too much compression in the final mix.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mirba
Dec 4 2016, 11:29 AM
Learning Rock Star
Wow, really cool. Haven't heard anything like this before, sounds really innovative.
I wish we had more band like these where I live.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 5 2016, 06:00 AM
I helped my buddy Matt Rowles start the show that became INDIE ATL (indieatl.com which is what this video is from) using just an Imac, a firewire presonus firewire board and one firewire drive to do 16 tracks live to disk. At the time (about 8 years ago), pretty much nobody was using software to record live. But we had to wing it as we had very limited budget so it was Logic, direct recording to disk, then mixdown and add plugins later smile.gif Many years on, the show is on Cable on Demand and continues to grow like a weed.

Of course, now it's quite common to record 16/24/32 tracks live via software (Matt does it ever weekend, but with the assist of some octa core ua racks for live fx), but at the time it was just not being done around town. Folks recorded to some type of hardware or hardware assist solution like pro tools. Nobody trusted the software only approach enough at the time.

Goes to show you just need an idea and an Imac and a few cameras and BAM TV Show smile.gif Good bands help too!! I really loved Lazerwulf. Cool guys.

Here is another track from the band on the same night. Enjoy!!

QUOTE (TRA @ Dec 3 2016, 03:22 PM) *
9 months later... Love the mix of this video. It sounds so refreshing to hear the instruments without too much compression in the final mix.

Glad you dig em!! smile.gif Here is a link to a wad more bands he recorded and continues to record. Same process as always smile.gif Logic X, live recording to disk but now he uses UA octa racks for live fx.

https://www.youtube.com/user/entertainmentresearc/playlists

QUOTE (Mirba @ Dec 4 2016, 06:29 AM) *
Wow, really cool. Haven't heard anything like this before, sounds really innovative.
I wish we had more band like these where I live.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 5 2016, 06:16 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:32 PM