New Name Advice
Im here to succe...
Jul 23 2012, 09:55 PM
GMC:er
Hi guys, I am from Liverpool, I am opening up a rehearsal studios, a recording studio and a record label...

I want a powerful name for the three businesses, but i want it all under the same business name, my initial idea was

"Platinum Records" (for the label) & " Platinum Studios" (for the rehearsal and recording studio).

but ive found out that this is already in use,

so following the pattern like above, is there any names you guys would like to throw out there ?

Thanks guys

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 23 2012, 09:58 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Superior Records, Darkhorse Records.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Im here to succe...
Jul 23 2012, 10:02 PM
Thanks for your input, just looked them up, and Superior Records is a hip hop label sad.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 23 2012, 10:05 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Im here to succeed @ Jul 23 2012, 04:02 PM) *
Thanks for your input, just looked them up, and Superior Records is a hip hop label sad.gif

dang. good luck man!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
ringmar
Jul 23 2012, 10:07 PM
Stream of consciousness... go!

Diamond
Diamondhead
Ultimate
Whitenoise
Monkey
Einstein
Primate
Primal
Primordial

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Jul 24 2012, 08:11 AM
Here's some... taking some rare but powerful objects/creatures:

Ballista Records (powerful medieval weapon)
Overlord Studios (dark leader)
Mamba Studios (deadly snake)
Basilisk Studios (legendary reptile)
Lightyear Records (beyond space)
Notus Records (greek god bringer of storms)

Shrugs, hopefully give you some more ideas.

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Jul 24 2012, 08:13 AM

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 24 2012, 11:45 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Personally I'm more a fan of names that are specific and meaningful to you in some way rather than general adjectives etc. I think that you're also more likely to find an original name this way.

I'd avoid anything that is suggestive of a superlative/value. If you call yourself 'A Star Recording', someone else will be 'Double A Star Recording' just to seem 'better' than you. If you use a name that implies that you are the 'best' in the industry don't be surprised if other professionals see you as arrogant...

For what it's worth our studio name is specific and means something to me. A lot of people assume it's based on my family name - it's not.
The 'miro' in our studio name is a reference to a cat that I had as a pet many years ago. She was named by my wife after I said that I could always see cats in Miro's paintings whilst we were going round the Fundacion Jean Miro. The desktop image on our studio mastering DAW is a photo of Miro the cat, there is also a print of Jean Miro's anti-facist anarchist 'Morning Star' (which also pretty much summarises my politics) along with a picture by the children's book illustrator Satoushi of me and our cat.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 24 2012, 12:00 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I fully agree with Tony.

Chances are that a powerful sounding name might even scare people away. The worst shops / studios always have the "coolest" names, I see and hear that all the time with tattoo studios. The good ones always have creative, sometimes funny (but not too funny) Names or go the simple way with the Name of the owner.

Maybe you could use something that is related to the quarter your studio is in, or even the street (some famous studios were named that way wink.gif ).

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 24 2012, 12:21 PM
Instructor
You're from Liverpool... hmmm....

Scouse of Pain Entertainment

Covers all music related endeavours under the one umbrella term wink.gif

Sorry, I just had to tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 26 2012, 07:17 PM
Instructor
Organic Studios smile.gif Liverpool - Liver - Organ biggrin.gif Too far fetched?

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jul 28 2012, 07:32 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
One guy that I know started a small recording studio and simply used his last name (Tabler) and spelled it backwards to get Relbat Studios.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:34 AM