3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Fastest Guitarist...
Muris Varajic
Feb 16 2008, 11:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Feb 16 2008, 06:16 AM) *
i know, he's a real SWEEP MASTA tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I haven't seen sweeps there,only pure alternate machine gun. biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 16 2008, 04:45 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 16 2008, 04:26 AM) *
I haven't seen sweeps there,only pure alternate machine gun. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Hmm that AP sounds like some sweeping arpeggios!! He's Out of this world!! laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 16 2008, 04:58 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Im jealous of the 10,000 note per second guy not the first guy posted-

sheesh its simple maths people...

10,000 = more than 60

Plus that was some killer hair rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 16 2008, 05:04 PM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Feb 16 2008, 09:58 AM) *
Im jealous of the 10,000 note per second guy not the first guy posted-

sheesh its simple maths people...

10,000 = more than 60

Plus that was some killer hair rolleyes.gif

yeah, he should do a Betcha Cant Play this video tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif :lol laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Feb 19 2008, 06:41 PM
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Feb 16 2008, 12:05 AM) *
What you meant to say was, "The music doesn't strike emotions in me."

Sound waves don't have emotion. The sound waves interract with you to create the "emotions."

You, like many others probably have an extremely narrow vision of what "emotion" is. It is much more than just sadness. If it doesn't make you feel sad, then that doesn't mean the artist isn't conveying his emotions. For example, Dragonforce is usually picked on as being having emotionless guitarists. However every song I hear by them is extremely uplifting. Happiness is an emotion too!!! When I watch an extremely fast guitar player shred, I feel intimidated. There we go, another emotion.

Anyway music is subjective, no one can say who plays with emotion and who doesn't, because everyone does. There is no way to measure it. That is right. Shredders play with just much emotion as any other guitar player like Jimi Hendrix or David Gilmour; just in a different way.

Once again, it is ALL subjective. It isn't as simple as:

Music you like= emotion.
Music you don't like= no emotion.

And technique is a huge part of guitar playing. Good luck getting your emotions across when your technique causes the music to sound like total crap. The emotion you will be conveying is frustration.

And speed, while not the most important part of music, is still a great tool to have in soloing.

Thank you so much for telling me what i was actually trying to say! keep saying stuff like that and someones going to knock you off your high horse one of these days. also im so glad you see fit to judge me by saying i "have an extremely narrow vision of what "emotion" is". thats a very ignorant thing to say. i can see you probably only respect guitarists that can play really fast, which is too bad. your missing out on alot of good music. you fail to understand music, all you seem to understand is the theory behind it. if you want to be a soulless robot shredder, be my guest.

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: Feb 19 2008, 09:16 PM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 19 2008, 06:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Feb 19 2008, 06:41 PM) *
Thank you so much for telling me what i was actually trying to say! keep saying stuff like that and someones going to knock you off your high horse one of these days. also im so glad you see fit to judge me by saying i "have an extremely narrow vision of what "emotion" is". thats a very ignorant thing to say. i can see you probably only respect guitarists that can play really fast, which is too bad. your missing out on alot of good music.

I think we should slow it don't a bit,
this isn't topic for arguing I'm sure,
lets keep it friendly and available to hear everybody's opinion,ok. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 19 2008, 08:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Feb 16 2008, 10:02 AM) *
Good point !! I mean , its unlikely this guy is every going to be in a famou band ! smile.gif hes just gunna be some guy on youtube (like me wink.gif laugh.gif )

Isn't YouTube enough? If you look at it the other way around, YouTube is the biggest stage EVER laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

@Fkalich: i love your "garbage" word - i'm still on the floor laughing laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Feb 20 2008, 04:43 AM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Feb 19 2008, 06:41 PM) *
Thank you so much for telling me what i was actually trying to say! keep saying stuff like that and someones going to knock you off your high horse one of these days. also im so glad you see fit to judge me by saying i "have an extremely narrow vision of what "emotion" is". thats a very ignorant thing to say. i can see you probably only respect guitarists that can play really fast, which is too bad. your missing out on alot of good music. you fail to understand music, all you seem to understand is the theory behind it. if you want to be a soulless robot shredder, be my guest.

I was just telling you that no one person can judge if music has emotion or not. It is all up for debate. However, technical skill is not up for debate. And yes I respect people who dedicated thousands of hours out of their time to play fast and clean? You don't have to enjoy it, but do you not respect them at least? Anyone who has more experience on guitar than me I respect. And I listen to pretty much every genre of music from classical to shredding to metal to jazz to whatever, so I'm not really missing out on anything at all, in fact I own albums from all three of the artists in your signature. I understand music very well. It is about me enjoying sounds. Sometimes I enjoy fast sounds, if you don't enjoy the same type, that is ok, because once again music is 100% subjective, but I enjoy it. And once again, speed is a great tool to use in soloing and doesn't not automatically discard emotion and make one "souless" like you seem to claim.

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Feb 20 2008, 05:16 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Feb 20 2008, 04:42 PM
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Feb 19 2008, 10:43 PM) *
I was just telling you that no one person can judge if music has emotion or not. It is all up for debate. However, technical skill is not up for debate. And yes I respect people who dedicated thousands of hours out of their time to play fast and clean? You don't have to enjoy it, but do you not respect them at least? Anyone who has more experience on guitar than me I respect. And I listen to pretty much every genre of music from classical to shredding to metal to jazz to whatever, so I'm not really missing out on anything at all, in fact I own albums from all three of the artists in your signature. I understand music very well. It is about me enjoying sounds. Sometimes I enjoy fast sounds, if you don't enjoy the same type, that is ok, because once again music is 100% subjective, but I enjoy it. And once again, speed is a great tool to use in soloing and doesn't not automatically discard emotion and make one "souless" like you seem to claim.

i NEVER claimed speed made ones playing soulless, secondly im done wasting my breath on you, you just dont understand what im saying.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 20 2008, 04:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Feb 20 2008, 04:42 PM) *
secondly im done wasting my breath on you

That was smooth...and not to mention polite...

Ok, guys, take it easy and slow down. Blues players will never understand shredders as to them emotional playing is just 1 huge bend lasting for 45.5 minutes - at least that's the picture you painted in my mind.

If you don't like shredders than don't fight it - just skip the topic or at least state your opinion without making it into a fight.

Shake your hands and stop fighting smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Feb 20 2008, 04:55 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Guitarman700 and Shellshock1911 - Guys you are rapidly moving/have moved rapidly from a friendly discussion in to an argument that is personalised. Keep your input civil and friendly guys - it really isn't one worth shouting at each other about. If you can not do that then your posts will be moderated.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Feb 20 2008, 05:14 PM
His arrogant responses have gotten him on my ignored user list. this "Argument" is over.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 20 2008, 05:25 PM
Everybody knows Johnny Cash is the fastest guitarist biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 20 2008, 06:16 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (fkalich @ Feb 16 2008, 01:01 AM) *
I knew it was crap, I can tell easily, but just for kicks, I cleaned it up a bit (the hum) and slowed it down to 20% of his recorded speed.

laugh.gif fastCrapSlowedDown sound like one of these joke playing videos you'd find on youtube. No wonder he used a crappy webcams' bad mike to cover it up.

I listened for a whole 3:05 (I wonder why though) - I could listen to it all day, if I was deaf or dead.

EDIT: Strange that the slowed down version sound THAT bad, the original when hearing it sounds rather OK except for the hum and overall bad quality.

EDIT2: Maybe 20% was too much. Any chance of a hearing 50% speed mp3?

This post has been edited by MickeM: Feb 20 2008, 06:20 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:46 PM