Guests cannot vote 
Arrival
Nov 30 2007, 04:31 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (g-forcelover @ Nov 29 2007, 06:05 PM) *
i hate all of it with a passion

Be careful what you say on these boards. laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Nov 30 2007, 04:41 AM
I heard a Tupac song the other day, and was expecting some sort of lyrical genius, but all I could understand the entire song was " F***** b*tch mother******" over and over again laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Nov 30 2007, 04:42 AM
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Nov 29 2007, 09:41 PM) *
I heard a Tupac song the other day, and was expecting some sort of lyrical genius, but all I could understand the entire song was " F***** b*tch mother******" over and over again laugh.gif

yeah i dont understand why the say Tupac was the "real thing", seems exactly like today's stuff imo

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
VinceG
Nov 30 2007, 05:15 AM
Nothing beats NY hip hop back in the day. Ghost, Mef, and Wu Tang dominated my ears for years to this day.

Ghost- All That I Got Is You
http://youtube.com/watch?v=grSrmb70W1Q

Method Man- I'll Be There
http://youtube.com/watch?v=98dUhydvarw

Wu-Tang Clan- Bring The Ruckus
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jY4g-avcqLc

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
swingline
Nov 30 2007, 05:22 AM
I hate it all except the Beastie Boys and some Run DMC.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Maximus
Nov 30 2007, 05:26 AM
I hate to say that I don't like something across the board. I really do think most of it is weak. I compare this topic to the "Is cheerleading a sport?" thing. I think the problem with today's rap as with today's pop music is that the performers are propped up by a few methodical, business driven individuals. The result is a product that feels like it was the result of a mathematical formula rather than an artistic expression. Why is it that every hip hop song/rap has that ridiculous "feat. (insert obscure future has-been here)" credit line? I am longing for the days of people who write their own stuff and actually play their own insturments. Is that so much to ask?

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post
swingline
Nov 30 2007, 05:44 AM
The definitely isn't any Van Halens anymore.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
fkalich
Nov 30 2007, 05:45 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Nov 29 2007, 09:03 PM) *
You guys should check out stuff like Dear Mama, or Stan on youtube. Classic stuff that really has a message and meaning, plus some great melodies and such.

Dear Mama is nice. But I would argue more soul than rap. Not a lot of Rap videos depict school books with reverence, at least not in my experience. Maybe I am just missing that, I killed my tv some time ago. Maybe now most rap songs encourage kids to read books, stay away from crime and drugs, and do well in school. If that is the case, I think Rap is great stuff.

edit: what a lot of privileged white middle class kids growing up in the burbs fail to realize is, not every kid is white, middled classed, and growing up in the burbs. Some have a mother in an out of rehab, maybe Grandma is trying to keep thing in control. Rap is all fun in games to privileged white kids. Very bad influence to kids lacking that sort of suport system, who may have few or no positive role models in their personal lives.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Nov 30 2007, 05:49 AM

+Quote Post
Animosity
Nov 30 2007, 06:59 AM
Where is the: "Dun dun dun dun dun, dun dun, dun dun, can't touch this. But other than that, NO" option?

QUOTE (fkalich @ Nov 29 2007, 05:09 PM) *
Rap reminds me of the religious thing among some fundamentalist Christian sects, "talking in tongues". They talk real fast, and nothing they say makes any sense.

+666

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Nov 30 2007, 08:06 AM
We all know what i voted smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
stratman33
Nov 30 2007, 09:26 PM
I voted for some songs.when you go to school, the music people like is rap, and it kind of grows on you.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:54 PM