Quick Licks #43 Palm Muted Scale Runs - Secrets Of Shred, Let's talk about Picking!
Todd Simpson
Sep 1 2018, 08:58 PM
GMC:er
This video is a bit longer than most of these as I wanted to discuss picking in a bit more detail. It's easy to get your picking upto crazy fast, shreddy, Yngwie Level, if you just start from the right place/approach. If you start with poor technique, you will hit a wall and prevent yourself from attaining your potential. I see this all the time. Folks spend a lot of time repeating bad technique and have a real hard time changing. So they get stuck at a certain spot/speed. Easy way to fix that smile.gif Watch this vid.

*You can use any pick strike pattern you like. The point of this one is to keep your palm planted on the bridge and use your thumb and first finger to move the pick.

*USE YOUR PINKY!!!!!!!! (Don't try to use your first three fingers on your left hand.)

*NOTE: I'm playing it TWICE in the video but you need only play it ONCE for your vid per the Guitar Pro file. Feel free to loop it if you like smile.gif

BACKGROUND / COMMENTS : Keep this one under control. Keep it clean. Repeat as needed smile.gif
Attached Image
Attached File  43.gp5 ( 1.97K ) Number of downloads: 117

Hit me up with any questions!
Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 1 2018, 09:21 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:50 AM