Kinetic Typography Music Videos
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 30 2012, 02:28 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hi guys - I have noticed that this seems to be a trend nowadays.
It seems like bands are adapting to the fact that people are using youtube as platform for listening to "audio only" recordings - just like they would use a CD player or library to find and listen to songs they like. More and more I see bands releasing singles in this format (no music video - just animated lyrics and stuff) and those videos do get millions of views just like if they are real music videos?!

Well, my band also tried to do one for one of the latest songs we put out.
Its a first try, DIY all the way! laugh.gif

Check it out :

Here are some of those kinetic typography videos that I personally liked very much :

This one is not kinetic but also very cool idea for making audio only video "interesting" :

What do you think of this new way of presenting (and promoting) music? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 30 2012, 10:49 AM
Learning Roadie
I quite like it, it does bring the lyrics more into focus (so you've got to make suer you write good ones!)

I like your's it the animation really suits the vibe of the music, which makes the video seem more than just putting the lyrics on the screen.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 30 2012, 12:48 PM
Instructor
Yes, I think this is a great way of doing things. It makes perfect sense as opposed to spending loads of money on a video. People often listen to music on YT, even if it only has a pic of the album cover... I know I do.

I did a 'lyric video' for this song. I drew everything out on paper, scanned it, then put the scans into GIMP and made them look like scraps of paper

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 30 2012, 02:27 PM
Learning Roadie
The spelling mistake was intentional to encourage people to comment wasn't it Ben!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 30 2012, 02:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Nov 30 2012, 01:27 PM) *
The spelling mistake was intentional to encourage people to comment wasn't it Ben!

You mean that spelling mistake that Hungry for Heaven noticed after I'd uploaded the video to YT ???? mad.gif

No, it definitely wasn't intentional tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:03 PM