10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
The Gmc Borderline Group Program
Phil66
Sep 3 2015, 12:48 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
It's been awesome following this workshop. Congratulations to the two finishers, well done. It's been inspiring. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 3 2015, 04:14 PM
Instructor
ASSIGNMENT VI - METAL: The comments.

Beat Zbinden:

Great job with the metal assignment!

I think that this take reflects the great job you’ve been doing during these previous weeks adjusting your technique. I can see you much more comfortable combining naturally vibrato, bending, harmonics, adding tapping and even using your tremolo bar.

There are some little moments that need adjustment on this one, like the lick at 00:35, and the following lick at 00:39. I’m not sure if the reason is alternate picking technique or the use of triplets, but the licks are not sounding tight.

I like the work that you did with this one, but I think that you still have room to make this sound even cooler. There is more to do regarding dynamics, groove, and also vibrato. There are some of them that are not totally on spot and this is related to the fact that your attention is on too many things yet. The more you play this solo, the more you’ll enjoy it and the better it will sound.

Your tone fits perfectly with this backing.

The only thing that this one is lacking is the rhythm part.

Yoncopin:

Assignment 5 take 2:
Great job! Except by some little details, your new take is killer! I like the feeling of your playing, and your tone is so tasty for this backing.

The details are related to the pitch of your bends and timing. There is still some little adjustments to do in order to make this a top level take, and I have to say that I’d like to see you mastering them. Let me mark the parts:

Bending pitch: 00:10, 00:28.
Timing: 00:13, 00:31

If I become really strict, I can say that most of the bends have a VERY little room to sound tighter so more diary work on this technique can be a good idea.

Assignment 6:
The good part of this workout is that it has push you to learn quickly many lessons and I start to feel that you are gaining a very interesting training on this. Your fingers are starting to look more comfortable with new licks and ideas.

Your take on this lesson is really good! I’m impressed of what you’ve got with this little amount of time to learn the lesson. Your rhythm playing is tight, and your phrasing sounds consistent and connected with the backing track.

Your bending and vibrato are much better on this one than in assignment 5. What can be the reason? Maybe you are more comfortable with this style or groove… who knows, but it’s great to see you playing at this level on the final assignment of this workout. I consider it as a win. smile.gif

GMC BORDERLINE PROGRAM COMPLETE!! - RESULTS & FINAL WORDS

Ok guys!! First of all I want to say Congratulations for the fantastic work done during this 60 days of intensive work. You are the 2 winners of this program, and the results can be noted just by checking each of your final takes.

Your overall playing had a great impact and I'm sure that this workout, not only polished your playing, it opened your eyes on the future steps or things to work.

During this program we've covered successfully a wide range of techniques, improvisation concepts and styles. Just to refresh everything, here we have the whole plan:

Assignment 1: Blues (Bending, Vibrato, Pentatonic Scale)
Assignment 2: Ballad (Dynamics, Tone, Ionian mode)
Assignment 3: Rock (Legato, Slide, Lydian mode)
Assignment 4: Fusion (Economic Picking, Chromatic passing notes, Mixolydian mode)
Assignment 5: Pop Rock (Alternate Picking, Tapping, Aeolian Mode)
Assignment 6: Metal (Rhythm, Combined techniques, Combining modes with arpeggios)

Both of you have had a strong performance during the whole program and that's why I consider that both passed this program and will receive GMC certificate.

I'd like to hear from you, what about your experience with the program? How does it feel? Do you find it helpful? Your feedback is really valuable for me.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Sep 3 2015, 04:14 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Sep 4 2015, 12:40 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Gabriel

Many thanks for your feedback and for your time that you have spend in the last 60 days with us.
I invested also a lot of time in the last 60 days. Sometimes it was a little hard when we have a new lesson with higher levels.
10 days practice with focus only on one Lesson then it is clear that we made one step higher!
I'm very happy with my progress and I go straight on in this way!!!

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Sep 4 2015, 01:28 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Gabe,
Thanks so much for all the time you've spent mentoring me and others, it's incredibly helpful. My playing is really benefiting from your guidance. I'm very proud that I made it the whole way through this course, it was tough at times, but rewarding in the end.

On the Borderline program itself:

Pros

+ I'm not as intimidated by more advanced lessons which may have new techniques in them. For example, I've never practiced any tapping or whammy licks before and I won't shy away from lessons in the future which may have a bit that's unfamiliar. I've learned how to approach learning those things more efficiently.

+ Highlighted some areas that need more long term focus and helped me define some very clear new goals. My new practice routine is going to focus on bending, vibrato and alternate picking exercises followed by working on a more advanced solo lesson. I really like some of Piotr's.

+ It inspired me to want to improve my recording's audio and video. I'm going to try to improve the quality of all my videos now that I won't be in such a rush to get each one done.

Cons

+ 60 days was longer than I expected. I'm really looking forward to working on lessons which are more at my level so I can actually get them perfect. Sometimes I got frustrated because I felt like there was no way for me to record something which I would be happy with, because I just didn't have the skill yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 4 2015, 03:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Sep 4 2015, 08:40 AM) *
Hi Gabriel

Many thanks for your feedback and for your time that you have spend in the last 60 days with us.
I invested also a lot of time in the last 60 days. Sometimes it was a little hard when we have a new lesson with higher levels.
10 days practice with focus only on one Lesson then it is clear that we made one step higher!
I'm very happy with my progress and I go straight on in this way!!!

Nice to know it Beat! yes, focus on 1 lesson is the key. We usually try to cover many things at the same time and in the end, we don't really cover anything. We need to work on a small amount of elements and focus on them to polish each details. That's what makes guitarists sound great. Congrats again mate.

QUOTE (yoncopin @ Sep 4 2015, 09:28 AM) *
Gabe,
Thanks so much for all the time you've spent mentoring me and others, it's incredibly helpful. My playing is really benefiting from your guidance. I'm very proud that I made it the whole way through this course, it was tough at times, but rewarding in the end.

On the Borderline program itself:

Pros

+ I'm not as intimidated by more advanced lessons which may have new techniques in them. For example, I've never practiced any tapping or whammy licks before and I won't shy away from lessons in the future which may have a bit that's unfamiliar. I've learned how to approach learning those things more efficiently.

+ Highlighted some areas that need more long term focus and helped me define some very clear new goals. My new practice routine is going to focus on bending, vibrato and alternate picking exercises followed by working on a more advanced solo lesson. I really like some of Piotr's.

+ It inspired me to want to improve my recording's audio and video. I'm going to try to improve the quality of all my videos now that I won't be in such a rush to get each one done.

Cons

+ 60 days was longer than I expected. I'm really looking forward to working on lessons which are more at my level so I can actually get them perfect. Sometimes I got frustrated because I felt like there was no way for me to record something which I would be happy with, because I just didn't have the skill yet.

Thanks for this fantastic feedback. I have to say that I agree with everything you've said, even about the cons that comparing with the pros is not really relevant but some adjustment could be fine for future programs.

I'm really proud to know that this program has been positive for your playing and mind. smile.gif

Keep on the great job!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 10 2015, 10:09 AM
GMC Founder
Snail mail is now on its way, congrats again guys! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2015, 01:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 10 2015, 06:09 AM) *
Snail mail is now on its way, congrats again guys! biggrin.gif

Cool!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Sep 12 2015, 08:26 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I have it!! cool.gif

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 13 2015, 11:57 PM
Instructor
Wou! That's an epic pic!! Congrats Beat!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:34 PM