Trade Complete, From Mesa To Peavey
Marc_Maiden
Apr 13 2009, 02:36 AM
GMC:er
hey guys,

so earlier today i made the trade,

my mesa mark I reissue for a Peavey triple XXX 1x12 with a custom built 2x12 (with 2 random celestion speakers) and $200 of delicious cash.

its originally 60 watts, but it has a built in attenuator that he had modded into the amp.

he also traded the electro harmonix 6l6s for JJ el34s, but i think im going to switch him back (he was nice enough to include all the tubes he ever used or had for the amp) since im more of a 6l6 guy

anyways,

if you remember my last story, i was looking for something smaller (obviously this isnt it) but it does have the built in attenuator, a footswitch with 3 individual channels, and EXTREMELY sensitive 3 band eq for each channel as well.

this amp is easily more versatile in the sense that it can use a footswitch for 3 channels and each channel has its own EQ. I got used to playing at low gains with the Mesa mark I, and that i liked...i found the peavey to be very similar to a mesa triple rect that i have been demoing in a shop for a while...the only difference is that the peavey isnt heavy on the bass as is the mesa, although i do find myself still keeping the bass and mids down....

overall, im very pleased with the trade, i will miss the mesa just because it is a mesa, and every mesa is special in its own way....however, this is a great product as well, and for the deal i got, i am very happy...i will be writing and recording a video review for you all when i get the chance later this week.

thats it for now, time to spend days trying to dial in my sound hahaa

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Apr 13 2009, 03:03 AM
EDIT:

if you guys recall, i had a problem with my effects loop in my mesa...for a while i thought it was my effects that were bad, turns out, it was the mesas loop that was screwing something up!

i plugged my effects into the loop of the peavey, and it did not change the sound one bit! and they work beautifully!! one thing i also like is the fact that there is a separate control for the both the send and return levels

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
sted
Apr 13 2009, 10:03 AM
Learning Rock Star
Gratz mate, glad youre happy and the agonizing is over!! Looking forward to some clips!

+Quote Post
berko
Apr 13 2009, 10:13 AM
QUOTE (sted @ Apr 13 2009, 10:03 AM) *
Gratz mate, glad youre happy and the agonizing is over!! Looking forward to some clips!

Me too!

It seems weird that a mesa built-in loop can mess things up so easily - I wouldn't have thought that. I only tried my uncle's friend mark iv and that was a great tone monster but i have no experience with the mark i.

Anyway, great to hear you made such a great deal! smile.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:52 AM