Deal Of The Century!, ...if it's real.
Sircraigery
Mar 4 2009, 08:07 AM
GMC:er
A JEM V7 for $700??!?

Does it look fake or what?
Kijiji

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Mar 4 2009, 08:32 AM
That's a fake, unfortunately. Not a particularly good one either, it doesn't even have the same knobs! I mean, they could at least put some effort into it or something... tongue.gif Just for starters, the backplate is also different and the pickguard doesn't fit the way it should. There are a few websites devoted to info about fake JEMs, take a look, they're very in depth.

P.S. I just noticed the guitar in the ad is sitting on an acoustic case... huh. huh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Mar 4 2009, 08:41 AM
Learning Tone Master
Fake, definitely!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Mar 4 2009, 08:42 AM
QUOTE (Zephyr @ Mar 4 2009, 08:32 AM) *
That's a fake, unfortunately. Not a particularly good one either, it doesn't even have the same knobs! I mean, they could at least put some effort into it or something... tongue.gif Just for starters, the backplate is also different and the pickguard doesn't fit the way it should. There are a few websites devoted to info about fake JEMs, take a look, they're very in depth.

P.S. I just noticed the guitar in the ad is sitting on an acoustic case... huh. huh.gif

Yeah, I noticed the case. haha. Thanks for the website tip, I ain't looking to buy but I'll still check them out.

--------------------
Guitars:
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 5 2009, 12:44 AM
Instructor
Thats definetly a fake. I find it odd that they took the time to make a scalloped upper neck (last few frets) but skimped on getting minor details such as the knobs and backplates right.

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Mar 5 2009, 12:44 AM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Mar 5 2009, 03:32 AM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Mar 5 2009, 12:44 AM) *
Thats definetly a fake. I find it odd that they took the time to make a scalloped upper neck (last few frets) but skimped on getting minor details such as the knobs and backplates right.

I figure the neck is real off ebay or something, and put onto a POS. It even looks like a Floyd rose not an Edge Pro.

I emailed this prick and he told me it was "real but thanks for the heads up" because paid $1000 from some guy in the states. I simply told him he got ripped off. And I posted another ad beside it to warn people about fake JEMs on this site biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Sircraigery: Mar 5 2009, 03:34 AM

--------------------
Guitars:
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

+Quote Post
ParalyzedHorse
Mar 5 2009, 03:37 AM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Mar 4 2009, 05:44 PM) *

Not to mention getting the flowery patterns on the fretboard too.

+Quote Post
SensE
Mar 5 2009, 03:41 AM
It looks real to me ! I can't tell the difference unless I have 1 real and 1 fake photo to compare. I never into this guitar anyway, maybe that's the reason I can't tell.

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Mar 5 2009, 03:46 AM
uh,

the knobs are the same

alll jems have the last upper frets scalloped

the only thing wrong is the trem

oh and the pickgaurd is a little off

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Mar 5 2009, 03:50 AM
And.. here is a real one :

And the one that we are looking at here.. see a difference? smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Mar 5 2009, 04:06 AM
Yeah, even the Jem/Ibanez alignment is different.

--------------------
Guitars:
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Mar 5 2009, 04:09 AM
oops. forgot the knobs on the jems were strat style lol

oops. forgot the knobs on the jems were strat style lol

btw...ive seen the picture before...

i remember seeing this one on a website..i cant remember the name of it though...but thats the exact same picture

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
VinceG
Mar 5 2009, 04:57 AM
hah for $700 I think that's pretty awesome craftsmanship. I wouldn't know anything about the sound, but who knows.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
SensE
Mar 5 2009, 05:12 AM
The tone is all depends on wood and p-up. Who knows this USD700 JEM might sound better. At least this JEM is selled for reasonable price

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 5 2009, 08:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sircraigery @ Mar 5 2009, 03:32 AM) *
I figure the neck is real off ebay or something, and put onto a POS. It even looks like a Floyd rose not an Edge Pro.

Could be.. I assumed the neck was a fake too since i thought there were some oddities about the headstock, especially the logo.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
wrk
Mar 5 2009, 09:29 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Mar 5 2009, 12:44 AM) *

True, this one even seem to have a 5 piece maple/walnut(or similar) neck, but the logo is off ...
Maybe it's a good guitar after all ..

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 5 2009, 09:38 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
He says in the ad "This Is an amazing sounding guitar *snip* I never used it"

So how could he know that if he never used it?

I know these guitars are produced in China and sell for almost nothing. I reported this ad, don't want some poor buyer to get fooled.

I wonder... why would a Gibson or a PRS be produced in china and sold by humpty dumpty?

I print screened a couple of Chinese ads but wasn't able to upload - "no file selected" it says. I'll try again later! You'll see a Gibzon ZW Bullseye and a psycadelic Flying V, both expensive guitars. No price was stated in these ads but my guess in $150-200. I also saw an Ovation for $55 huh.gif

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Mar 5 2009, 09:49 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Well, Chinese gotta make a living too...This could still be good but probably is like those console imitations people do and rename the same as top consoles to be able to sell them at a cheap price...

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 5 2009, 01:33 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 5 2009, 08:38 AM) *
I print screened a couple of Chinese ads but wasn't able to upload - "no file selected" it says. I'll try again later! You'll see a Gibzon ZW Bullseye and a psycadelic Flying V, both expensive guitars. No price was stated in these ads but my guess in $150-200. I also saw an Ovation for $55 huh.gif

I've seen quite a few Chinese copies on eBay, direct from China, where the price of the instrument is very low but the Shipping is colossal!!!!

Having said that, I have a friend who has a Company selling guitars/guitar parts and he gets them made in Korea, only 10 or so at a time, all copies of popular models and he's able to sell them for around £250 - £300. They are not 'fakes' though as there is no branding on them and he doesn't try to pass them off as the real thing. He's very honest in his advertising too! I've played a few of his instruments and was astounded at the quality of 1) the workmanship/parts and build quality and 2) the sound!!!

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Mar 5 2009, 01:35 PM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Mar 5 2009, 02:33 PM
These fakes are so concerning. I'm really apprehensive about buying on eBay lately too. I recently bought a schecter off fleabay, maybe I should check the serial. I see fake Gibson Les Pauls alll the time. The copies keep on getting better and better!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:10 PM