20 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Project Quadrium Riff/lyric Ideas, share our riff/lyric ideas here
Todd Simpson
Jan 24 2011, 03:56 AM
GMC:er
I'm very sorry to hear it sad.gif I hope you get better very soon. Please take good care of yourself. We will be here when you get back smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (quadrium @ Jan 23 2011, 02:52 PM) *
@Todd @Christian very cool ideas.Can you make a mix with that new ideas guys?I have to go to hospital for next 2-3 days.I have some examinations about some allergic reactions in my hand sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 24 2011, 06:03 AM
I like it smile.gif Can you make a guitar pro version of it as well? It's handy to have the gp files as reference. I can make one for mine as well. Though mine will be gp6.

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jan 22 2011, 02:42 PM) *
Hey guys,
here is a new riff idea I had...this could be our first power ballad!
Just kidding...I tried to go the same way as Todd with his new riff.

Christian

Can't wait to hear the vocals! I checked out your Aman Amarth lesson and it was killer! What is your home setup and what software/plugins are you using?

QUOTE (mad @ Jan 16 2011, 06:22 PM) *
hey mates!

just downloaded to the new mix - sounds really great! i'm going to let it sink in
and try to put some vocals over..
we're moving fast forward smile.gif

I think you may have the old mix. I"m attaching the new mix to this post. The bass from christian was replaced with a track I recorded later.
Attached File  project_quadrium2d.zip ( 5.62K ) Number of downloads: 118

Glad you liked the new riff smile.gif It's fairly simple but has a nice crunchy groove. If you have any licks you want to share, please do!

QUOTE (mad @ Jan 22 2011, 12:22 PM) *
Back, too!
Already did a vocal try few days ago.. sounded very crappy unsure.gif . I wrote a small intro - will finish that tonight and try to put some drums on it, too.
I'll take the new mix and give it another vocal try, too. btw: maybe the bass has way too much power in that mix - or is that intentional?
Todd: your new riff sounds FAT!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 24 2011, 06:08 AM

+Quote Post
mad
Jan 24 2011, 08:59 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (quadrium @ Jan 23 2011, 08:52 PM) *
@Todd @Christian very cool ideas.Can you make a mix with that new ideas guys?I have to go to hospital for next 2-3 days.I have some examinations about some allergic reactions in my hand sad.gif

sad to hear that, get well very soon!

+Quote Post
mad
Jan 24 2011, 09:38 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
@Todd: First of all, thanks for your add/comment (still wasn't aware of the friends list here ohmy.gif )
regarding the Amarth-lesson: just my schecter->zoom g2.1u (5150 sim, little reverb)->m-audio soundcard->cubase 4 (no plugins/fx, just raw- playing directly over backing).

gp-files would be great for me, as long as they are gp5 format. Todd, can send me your riffs as a pdf-print?
atm i play the riffs by ear - and that trains my ear smile.gif
Recording - I always use cubase for this and don't want to spend time on learning how to use another DAW, sorry.
So, I'll record my takes/ideas with cubase and upload an mp3-mixdown. Hope that's ok...

This post has been edited by mad: Jan 24 2011, 10:29 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 25 2011, 06:45 AM
@ MAD: I'm happy to have you on board smile.gif but sad to hear you are limiting yourself to one DAW. sad.gif They all have similarities and once you get one, the rest aren't that tough. I'd urge you to reconsider learning more software as it will help you in your journey as a musician to know more than one package. Limiting yourself to one daw is almost like picking a single scale. You can do it that way, but man is it limiting. So please do give it some thought before closing yourself off to the idea.

I liked the overall tone and mix of the Amarth lesson and the guitar sounded great smile.gif Nice patch. I'm using GP6 so sadly I don't think you can open the files, but like you were saying, I can print to a PDF and post it that way. You can see the tab/staff at least. Do feel free to drop in any riffs you think might work in a tune. Love to have more in the mix smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (mad @ Jan 24 2011, 03:38 AM) *
@Todd: First of all, thanks for your add/comment (still wasn't aware of the friends list here ohmy.gif )
regarding the Amarth-lesson: just my schecter->zoom g2.1u (5150 sim, little reverb)->m-audio soundcard->cubase 4 (no plugins/fx, just raw- playing directly over backing).

gp-files would be great for me, as long as they are gp5 format. Todd, can send me your riffs as a pdf-print?
atm i play the riffs by ear - and that trains my ear smile.gif
Recording - I always use cubase for this and don't want to spend time on learning how to use another DAW, sorry.
So, I'll record my takes/ideas with cubase and upload an mp3-mixdown. Hope that's ok...

+Quote Post
mad
Jan 25 2011, 09:30 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 25 2011, 06:45 AM) *
@ MAD: I'm happy to have you on board smile.gif but sad to hear you are limiting yourself to one DAW. sad.gif They all have similarities and once you get one, the rest aren't that tough. I'd urge you to reconsider learning more software as it will help you in your journey as a musician to know more than one package. Limiting yourself to one daw is almost like picking a single scale. You can do it that way, but man is it limiting. So please do give it some thought before closing yourself off to the idea.

I liked the overall tone and mix of the Amarth lesson and the guitar sounded great smile.gif Nice patch. I'm using GP6 so sadly I don't think you can open the files, but like you were saying, I can print to a PDF and post it that way. You can see the tab/staff at least. Do feel free to drop in any riffs you think might work in a tune. Love to have more in the mix smile.gif

Todd

Maybe you're right with limiting to one DAW in some way. But I like to spend more time with learning scales instead of messing aroung with every DAWs characteristics wink.gif . This time it's reaper, next time it'll be pro tools and another time there's audacity.. For me it's like learning a new software but doing exactly the same thing: recording my guitar, maybe bass and put drums and vocals to it.. using a PC usually means you have to mess around with driver and compatibility issues nearly every time when it comes to a new software.. don't get me wrong - if one has time and likes doing such things, that's ok! But for me as a father of two kids (1 and 6 years old) my time is very limited..
But just for our Project: Would it be ok when I just upload the mp3-tracks for you to mix them up (like dogukan and christian did)?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 25 2011, 04:07 PM
Wow, your a father of two? I didn't know. I"m impressed at your playing ability given how much time a family consumes. I hear what you are saying. Time is a very limited factor when raising a family. If you do get a chance, try to at least download an install reaper just so you can open up our mix project files. The reason I chose reaper is that it's not prone to driver issues and works across platforms. Even if you don't spend any time learning the software, if you could open our project files, you could at least see the whole mix and see where we are at. Keep recording in cubase, that'll work for our project just fine. smile.gif

Yeah, go ahead and upload your mp3 files. Or if you can, your .wav files, or .aif files. The mp3 files are much more compressed. But if MP3 is what is best for your process then MP3 will work just fine.

Todd

QUOTE (mad @ Jan 25 2011, 03:30 AM) *
Maybe you're right with limiting to one DAW in some way. But I like to spend more time with learning scales instead of messing aroung with every DAWs characteristics wink.gif . This time it's reaper, next time it'll be pro tools and another time there's audacity.. For me it's like learning a new software but doing exactly the same thing: recording my guitar, maybe bass and put drums and vocals to it.. using a PC usually means you have to mess around with driver and compatibility issues nearly every time when it comes to a new software.. don't get me wrong - if one has time and likes doing such things, that's ok! But for me as a father of two kids (1 and 6 years old) my time is very limited..
But just for our Project: Would it be ok when I just upload the mp3-tracks for you to mix them up (like dogukan and christian did)?

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 25 2011, 04:08 PM

+Quote Post
mad
Jan 25 2011, 04:27 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 25 2011, 04:07 PM) *
Wow, your a father of two? I didn't know. I"m impressed at your playing ability given how much time a family consumes. I hear what you are saying. Time is a very limited factor when raising a family. If you do get a chance, try to at least download an install reaper just so you can open up our mix project files. The reason I chose reaper is that it's not prone to driver issues and works across platforms. Even if you don't spend any time learning the software, if you could open our project files, you could at least see the whole mix and see where we are at. Keep recording in cubase, that'll work for our project just fine. smile.gif

Yeah, go ahead and upload your mp3 files. Or if you can, your .wav files, or .aif files. The mp3 files are much more compressed. But if MP3 is what is best for your process then MP3 will work just fine.

Todd

I installed Reaper at once after the first mix came up in our project.. It was just installing, starting, loading the project and pressing play smile.gif so that worked..
Regarding MP3 and compression: I will upload mp3 to this board and will pm a download-link for the corresponding wav for mixing on my ftp-server..

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 25 2011, 10:22 PM
Great news! smile.gif Glad to hear. That's what I was hoping for, just so you can double click on the project and see and hear the mix as we are hearing it. I'm not going to use any fx that are not standard in reaper. So no plugins that will cause problems for folks that aren't running them. Every project should be able to be shared among all of us just using reaper. I'd like to keep our work flow as simple as possible.

QUOTE (mad @ Jan 25 2011, 10:27 AM) *
I installed Reaper at once after the first mix came up in our project.. It was just installing, starting, loading the project and pressing play smile.gif so that worked..
Regarding MP3 and compression: I will upload mp3 to this board and will pm a download-link for the corresponding wav for mixing on my ftp-server..

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jan 26 2011, 02:03 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hey guys.I'm back :)Doctor gave me a couple of pills about my situation.I think i'm ok now.Ready to work again:)

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 26 2011, 03:31 AM
Glad to hear it smile.gif Welcome back! Quick question, are we posting stuff here or in our other thread? Why do we have two?

QUOTE (quadrium @ Jan 25 2011, 08:03 PM) *
Hey guys.I'm back :)Doctor gave me a couple of pills about my situation.I think i'm ok now.Ready to work again:)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 26 2011, 05:22 AM
I really liked Christians IDEA 2 lick. Here it is for reference.

Attached File  quadrium_idea_2.mp3 ( 1.59MB ) Number of downloads: 168

So I thought I"d play with it a bit and see how it worked out. I added Bass guitar, changed the drums up a bit, etc. Here it is smile.gif How about this for a title

"Ascension Paradox"

Attached File  AscensionParadox.mp3 ( 525.02K ) Number of downloads: 168

Just a riff at this point but could easily be built in to song 2! We can work on a couple/few at time.

Todd

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 26 2011, 06:12 AM
I really liked Christians IDEA 2 lick. Here it is for reference.

Attached File  quadrium_idea_2.mp3 ( 1.59MB ) Number of downloads: 168

So I thought I"d play with it a bit and see how it worked out. I added Bass guitar, changed the drums up a bit, etc. Here it is smile.gif How about this for a title

"Ascension Paradox"

Attached File  AscensionParadox.mp3 ( 525.02K ) Number of downloads: 168

Just a riff at this point but could easily be built in to song 2! We can work on a couple/few at time.

I also made up a second riff that could work maybe as a bridge or something. It's very, very, very syncopated. Everything is on the off beat until a little scale run at the end. Kind of reminds me of Dream Theatre just a bit.

Attached File  AscensionParadox_Riff_2.mp3 ( 221.96K ) Number of downloads: 152

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 26 2011, 06:14 AM

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jan 26 2011, 07:38 AM
Learning Tone Master
Wow.riffs are great smile.gif "Ascension Paradox" is really cool title.I want to ask a question.Is Christian's idea is for our song we are currently working on for song #2? And i think its time we sort out the full song structure for Marc's vocals.Todd if you liked my idea i've sent before(think project_quadrium2b or sth.)about the structure can you make a full arrangement according to this?(Didn't add the rhythm parts for solo because i couldn't find a proper rhythm for it.Maybe you can sort out)And after that we can do the final recordings/vocals/mix etc.

This post has been edited by quadrium: Jan 26 2011, 07:56 AM

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
mad
Jan 26 2011, 09:10 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (quadrium @ Jan 26 2011, 02:03 AM) *

Glad to hear that you're ok!

@Todd
Great riffs for the 2nd song and 'Ascension Paradox ' is a cool title. Well, I should upload my intro, so you can put it into the mix for song#1
Will do that today.

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 26 2011, 06:06 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Awesome re-recording of my riff, Todd wink.gif I also love the second riff, I really think we should use these two to create a second song.
I also think the mix of our first song we have so far is great, so let's add solos and vocals and then start the marketing machinery wink.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jan 26 2011, 06:41 PM
Learning Tone Master
@Todd Here are my clean recordings of our riffs for final mix.I couldn't find a satisfaying tone so i am sending them as i recorded.I am working on finding a good tone now.I will send the riffs with fx later.Or maybe you can add your fx you used in your recordings.

This post has been edited by quadrium: Jan 26 2011, 06:44 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  pqrecordingsdogukan.rar ( 1.56MB ) Number of downloads: 110

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 26 2011, 11:07 PM
Glad you guys liked the new riffs and title smile.gif Dokugan has a new idea for the overal structure of SONG 1 so I"m going to download the reaper file and check it out. MAD had an intro idea for song one, so when he puts that up I'll pop it in there too.

Also, Dokugan re recorded some riffs for use in the final verison so I'll check those out as well to see if we need to swap some out of the current mix.

This will all take a bit of time so I'l aim for this weekend when I have more time to mix. Speaking of which, I hope you guys can make it to the saturday lesson.

Glad to see our project is gaining such great momentum smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (quadrium @ Jan 26 2011, 12:41 PM) *
@Todd Here are my clean recordings of our riffs for final mix.I couldn't find a satisfaying tone so i am sending them as i recorded.I am working on finding a good tone now.I will send the riffs with fx later.Or maybe you can add your fx you used in your recordings.

+Quote Post
mad
Jan 27 2011, 12:40 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
hey guys, here's the intro-idea. I removed the drums, because I changed a few things and the pattern doesn't match anymore. The distorted guitar with delay will removed by vocals later.. it's just for getting the idea.
The intro will be first verse, ending with an angry 'scared' regarding to the lyrics. Hope you got the idea smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Song1Intro.mp3 ( 794.28K ) Number of downloads: 160

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 27 2011, 07:44 AM
I started working with these and realized it feels kinda like going backwards as we have a decent recording already that I"m mixing as we speak. I am adding the intro from MAD and have used the project file you sent to get an idea of the longer structure. I've arranged the recording including intro and it's now about three minutes long. I"m mixing it right now and listening to a test pass as I type. Should be able to put it up tonight!

QUOTE (quadrium @ Jan 26 2011, 12:41 PM) *

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:06 AM