Help Please. Malware Alert
Phil66
Feb 16 2015, 09:06 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Can anyone help me please. I have somehow managed to get "Positive finds" malware on my PC mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
I've done a full Malwarebytes scan and it said it had found a lot of PUPs, I quarantined and rebooted and I still have the bloody thing. Advertising windows opening up everywhere, Tabs opening in Chrome, when I click on a genuine link in chrome another tab opens, when I close a tab another opens.
Can anyone help please???? I've tried all the help Google can find, I'm running Bitdefender Total Security.
Look at one of the screen captures below ohmy.gif
I haven't installed any crappy free software from the internet, I never do.
Currently running a full Bitdefender scan, found 4 infected items so far but I'm not holding my breath mad.gif mad.gif
Cheers

Phil

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 16 2015, 09:10 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Feb 16 2015, 09:17 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Phil! smile.gif

Do this occur on other browsers too? or is it just Google Chrome?
I would suggest try installing AVG antivirus or Avast antivirus instead. http://free.avg.com/gb-en/free-antivirus-download https://www.avast.com/index
You can get this types of stuff if you click on "bad crappy" advertising on the internet without downloading something.
Cheers

Alex

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Feb 16 2015, 09:18 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 16 2015, 11:18 PM
Hello Alex,
Thanks for your reply. I haven't tried any other browser, it's a new build and have only installed Chrome so far. I haven't had anything like this for years as I'm ultra careful.
I'll try Firefox tomorrow and get back to you. A night of practice gone because of stupid pillocks writing stupid code mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
I might just take the easy option and reinstall os
Cheers
Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 16 2015, 11:19 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 16 2015, 11:29 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 16 2015, 11:18 PM) *
Hello Alex,
Thanks for your reply. I haven't tried any other browser, it's a new build and have only installed Chrome so far. I haven't had anything like this for years as I'm ultra careful.
I'll try Firefox tomorrow and get back to you. A night of practice gone because of stupid pillocks writing stupid code mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
I might just take the easy option and reinstall os
Cheers
Phil

Hi Phil, if this is a new build I strongly suggest that you reinstall the operating system, formatting the installation drive. These viruses can be very hard to get rid of, so it might be safer to just format/reinstall OS.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Feb 17 2015, 02:03 AM
Learning Tone Master
sounds like you don't have to much data on it yet , I would vote for the reinstall. easier now than when you have lots of stuff on it

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 17 2015, 08:20 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Man what a pain, sorry to hear about this. Malwarebytes is a pretty good tool for getting rid of this kind of thing, but wiping the drive and a new install of the OS is probably the best fix, maybe even run Killdisk Unless it is one of the really bad infections that write themselves somehow to the boot sector of your HDD. Those can really be a pain to get rid of.

Malewarebytes http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Killdisk http://www.killdisk.com/

Here is an interesting read on Bootkit type Malware.

http://eugene.kaspersky.com/2013/08/01/pro...ainst-bootkits/

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Feb 17 2015, 08:55 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 17 2015, 09:46 PM
Thanks everyone,

Pooter now fully reinstalled, just got to get Amplitube3 on there and we're rockin.

Really glad I have an SSD now cool.gif All the restarts aren't such a pain in the ass tongue.gif

Thank again.

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:45 AM