Movie Recording With Webcam, What webcam do you all use?
John Smith
Jan 26 2008, 07:33 PM
GMC:er
Hi,

I've been experimenting with videoing myself playing using my webcam, but the frame rate is a bit too low - my hands appear blurry and I'm not even playing that fast!

I want to buy a webcam with a higher frame rate, so which webcams do you all use?

Thanks,

K x

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
besip
Jan 26 2008, 08:28 PM
actualyy i'm have Creative web cam live which is ok and the company has better camera like i'm have cool.gif but my camera don.t have microphone so i'm kind of lost becouse the microfone what i'm use isn't good

and i'm made some video more and better quality with regular camera unsure.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 26 2008, 08:38 PM
Instructor
As far as i know no webcam can work good enough to record fast moves...maybe i am wrong but i think you need some DV camera smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 26 2008, 08:41 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I saw this one marketed on skype for use in high quality video chat.. Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
besip
Jan 26 2008, 08:52 PM
if i'm here do you guys have advise for some cheap good microphone?? for beghiner even microphone for recording or web camera???

everything what can be better like this which is record with bacis camera{photografy}

don't lookk for the por sound and ringing string i'm beghiner laugh.gif

This post has been edited by besip: Jan 26 2008, 08:53 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Maximus
Jan 26 2008, 08:58 PM
I use a Logitec Quick Cam Ultra Vision. As long as the lighting is good it does an awesome job. I paid 129 dollards for mine about 6 months ago but I have seen it for as little as 70 dollars on special.

Logitec Ultravision

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post
besip
Jan 26 2008, 09:11 PM
QUOTE (Maximus @ Jan 26 2008, 02:58 PM) *
I use a Logitec Quick Cam Ultra Vision. As long as the lighting is good it does an awesome job. I paid 129 dollards for mine about 6 months ago but I have seen it for as little as 70 dollars on special.

Logitec Ultravision

it's also recording sound good??? i'm dont wanna spend more money becouse i'm allready have a web camera..which cost around 50-60$ and isn't bad...but like i'm write microphone...but if i'm didnt find nothing with good price i'm will stay with regular photography camera recording

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Maximus
Jan 26 2008, 09:19 PM
QUOTE (besip @ Jan 26 2008, 02:11 PM) *
it's also recording sound good??? i'm dont wanna spend more money becouse i'm allready have a web camera..which cost around 50-60$ and isn't bad...but like i'm write microphone...but if i'm didnt find nothing with good price i'm will stay with regular photography camera recording

I run the sound through my pocket pod. This is the simplest way to get crisp sound fairly inexpensively. The internal mic does pretty good but the problem with a webcam mic is that you are limited as to where you can position it in relation to your amp because the placement is primarily dictated by the video capture. If you are really interested in getting good sound it is better to hook directly into your computer. Like I said I use the Pocket Pod but I know Line 6 also sells the Toneport GX for 69 dollars. Plus you get a bunch of great tones. This will really make a huge difference.

Edit: Spelling

This post has been edited by Maximus: Jan 26 2008, 09:24 PM

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic

+Quote Post
besip
Jan 26 2008, 09:34 PM
so finaly what you thing are the basic camera microphone made better recording like the photography camera?? probaly not right??

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Maximus
Jan 26 2008, 09:51 PM
Here's a simple clip i just did over the air throgh the webcam mic. I did a closer shot at the end to let you see the video quality. It's pretty much real time. My amp is just behind me off to the left and it's not pointing toward the mic. I'm not sure what you asked in your last post.

Logitec QC Ultra Sample

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 26 2008, 11:26 PM
Instructor
I'm not sure, but I think you have to buy an expensive webcam to really get some good results. So, something about 150$ is I think maybe enough to record a decent video, and you still need a good lightning for those. Experiment a little. Pavel said that Digital Camera is the best solution, and it is, but the prices are little higher with those. If you have a chance buy a Handycam\Digital Cam. It can serve you both for computer recording and for other purposes.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
besip
Jan 26 2008, 11:43 PM
QUOTE (Maximus @ Jan 26 2008, 03:51 PM) *
Here's a simple clip i just did over the air throgh the webcam mic. I did a closer shot at the end to let you see the video quality. It's pretty much real time. My amp is just behind me off to the left and it's not pointing toward the mic. I'm not sure what you asked in your last post.

Logitec QC Ultra Sample

yeaahh the video is cooll but the sound isn't..i'm think i'm made better{clear sound} with the basic camera rolleyes.gif

probbaly better way if i'm dont wana spend lot of money like beghiner is for good sound{not great} something like this
http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp...ysubsearch=true

This post has been edited by besip: Jan 26 2008, 11:52 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Maximus
Jan 26 2008, 11:57 PM
QUOTE (besip @ Jan 26 2008, 04:43 PM) *
yeaahh the video is cooll but the sound isn't..i'm think i'm made better{clear sound} with the basic camera rolleyes.gif

Yes I agree. Although the sound can be improved with amp positioning and tone tweaking. The room makes a big difference also. My room is fairly large and the hardwood floor adds some harshness. That's why I use the POD. As far as the video goes it is surely not the quality of a DV camera but it does pretty well for a web cam. If the lighting in the room is optimal, the picture gets better than the sample. I have some trouble dealing with the sunlight coming in from the side windows during the daytime. I actually get a better result after dark when I can contol the light in the room better. It all depends on what your goal is. The nice thing about a DVC is that they come equipped with a nice optical zoom that retains quality when you zoom up close. Unfortunately a decent DVC costs 300-700 dollars as opposed to 30-150 dollars for a web cam.

This post has been edited by Maximus: Jan 27 2008, 12:00 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maximus
Jan 27 2008, 05:36 AM
QUOTE (besip @ Jan 26 2008, 04:43 PM) *

probbaly better way if i'm dont wana spend lot of money like beghiner is for good sound{not great} something like this
http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp...ysubsearch=true

Yes the UX1 looks like a good way to go. Ivan did a great review here:

Ivan's Toneport Review

This post has been edited by Maximus: Jan 27 2008, 05:37 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
besip
Jan 27 2008, 07:22 AM
QUOTE (Maximus @ Jan 26 2008, 11:36 PM) *
Yes the UX1 looks like a good way to go. Ivan did a great review here:

Ivan's Toneport Review

thanks man i'm already respond there ...i'm just asking about similar type becouse that one what i'm past here is just for 60$ cool.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 27 2008, 11:20 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Maximus @ Jan 26 2008, 07:58 PM) *

Logitec Ultravision

Your video clip was excellent quality vision wise!! Im guessing that if i bought one of these and did the usual thing of plugging my pandora into my soundcard for high quality sound I would be able to record some great videos smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
Jan 27 2008, 11:39 AM
I like your guitar. Which model LEs Paul is it.

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
Maximus
Jan 27 2008, 04:44 PM
Thanks. It's a Les Paul Standard Desert Burst.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:19 PM