M-audio Keyrig 25, any experiences needed!
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 8 2013, 11:01 PM
GMC:er
Is this a good controller or not?

I can get it pretty cheap...

http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-25-note-Synt...r/dp/B000WDU4EM

http://www.m-audio.com/images/global/manua...g25_UG_EN01.pdf

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 9 2013, 01:11 AM
Instructor
I've never tried this one but M-audio controllers are very good. The main difference that you will find on this one is the sensibility of the keys. You won't be able to be precise but if this is not a problem for you, go for it!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 9 2013, 08:45 AM
Okay, thank you Gab.

Suddenly i looked at the internet, and couldn't find any drivers for Windows 7. ! Are some of you guys experienced with this keyboard working in win 7?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 9 2013, 08:58 AM
I've got the bigger one and for the price it's hard to beat. However, I recently saw a promotion at musicians friend that would get you the longer keyboard with Pro Tools SE for $79

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboards-m...studio-keyboard

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Sep 8 2013, 06:01 PM) *

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 9 2013, 09:00 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Sep 9 2013, 07:45 AM) *
Okay, thank you Gab.

Suddenly i looked at the internet, and couldn't find any drivers for Windows 7. ! Are some of you guys experienced with this keyboard working in win 7?

Use this link. On M-audio site you can choose the controller driver for different Operating Systems wink.gif If you will have any problems tell me and I will try to help you.

http://m-audio.com/index.php?do=support&am...amp;OS=x90#tabs

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 9 2013, 09:03 AM
Thank you guys! And another stupid question, do i Plug this Midi Controller into My audio interface via Midi, or i plug it in my laptop via Usb? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 9 2013, 09:29 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Sep 9 2013, 08:03 AM) *
Thank you guys! And another stupid question, do i Plug this Midi Controller into My audio interface via Midi, or i plug it in my laptop via Usb? biggrin.gif

MIDI work the same even if you use the standard Midi cables or the USB cable.
In this PDF I saw that the controller have both standard MIDI out and USB . My advice is to use the USB, because it will be much easier to config in many softwares

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 9 2013, 11:53 AM
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Sep 9 2013, 10:29 AM) *
MIDI work the same even if you use the standard Midi cables or the USB cable.
In this PDF I saw that the controller have both standard MIDI out and USB . My advice is to use the USB, because it will be much easier to config in many softwares

Nice, thank you.
I'm only a bit sceptic because i'm not sure will it work on Win 7, since some guys said it had issues with Vista huh.gif
And the other thing that concerns me - number of Keys - only 25!? ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 9 2013, 01:53 PM
Learning Tone Master

The number of keys would be a problem for me. I'm a big fan for 88 keys smile.gif Sometimes I split my keys in two and I use diferent sounds for each part. It's more useful when I rush and I need only to add some sound effects.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 9 2013, 02:08 PM
I use the Oxygen 8 Slav. Slightly different control layout. It works fine with Win 7. Plug it straight in using the USB. Then go into your DAW Options/Preferences and make sure it's enabled and you should be good to go!!

Drivers Download is HERE!!

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Sep 9 2013, 02:11 PM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 9 2013, 03:52 PM
Instructor
I would go for it. Like Todd said...hard to beat in this price range smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 9 2013, 07:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah, for the price I think it's probably a good choice. I don't know if you're gonna miss weighted keys or not, but it's a good start anyway. I spent €800 or so on my midi keyboard/controller, but it has 88 keys and weighted keys. I use it mostly for piano playing though. In the future I might use it for more recording purposes. Only used it very slightly for that so far. Sounds weird to buy a midi keyboard for that, but it was getting two things for the price of one. Controller for the future and piano for now.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2013, 12:48 AM
Instructor
You connect it directly via USB and at least my M-audio Oxygen 25 started working without installing drivers in Win 7. I don't think you will have problems with it.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 11 2013, 09:06 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I use M-audio Oxygen 49 and love it! smile.gif
Extremely useful for composing and audio production.

Keyrig 25 should be very similar.
You can check on M-audio site if drivers are available for your operating system.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:10 PM