Sledgehammer & Tire Workout !
Ben Higgins
May 26 2012, 09:14 PM
Instructor
Has anybody actually ever tried this ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dieterle
May 26 2012, 09:19 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
NOT A BAD IDEA !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 26 2012, 10:37 PM
GMC:er
I have, but only as STRESS RELIEF!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
dark dude
May 27 2012, 02:25 AM
GMC:er
Would love to, but don't have the bits and bobs round here.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
JD_
May 27 2012, 03:23 AM
Learning Roadie
Yea Have tried this stuff. It's harder than it looks, to hit the tyre on the right spot. I have seen someone hit themselvs in the face from the recoil of the hammer....good way to get a broken nose wacko.gif

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
May 27 2012, 06:55 AM
Learning Roadie
I guess it's fairly similar a workout to kettlebells, though the recoil does give you more momentum to get the hammer back up than having to use muscle power.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 27 2012, 10:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ May 27 2012, 03:23 AM) *
Yea Have tried this stuff. It's harder than it looks, to hit the tyre on the right spot. I have seen someone hit themselvs in the face from the recoil of the hammer....good way to get a broken nose wacko.gif

You know, I did wonder about that !! Nasty... dry.gif

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ May 27 2012, 06:55 AM) *
I guess it's fairly similar a workout to kettlebells, though the recoil does give you more momentum to get the hammer back up than having to use muscle power.

Possibly, I don't know too much about kettlebells.. I know they're really popular these days but they're so expensive !

+Quote Post
bleez
May 27 2012, 12:38 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Ive got a tyre n' sledge hammer. Its a very tough conditioning session. I usually alternate between tyre flips and then hitting it with the hammer. Its a different animal to a weighted workout obviously, focusing on conditioning / cardio. Great piece of kit and not expensive.
Ben, I think it would be right up your street, lot of Thai boxers use the tyre for footwork as well, bouncing on the tyre kinda shadow boxing style.
you can vary the focus of the hammer swing from having it flat on the ground to leaning it against a wall and swinging the hammer like a baseball bat type of movement. you can also lodge sandbags inside the tyre to increase the weight for flips ( if you need to..... I dont LOL! )

Ben...... get a tyre and sledgehammer cool.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 27 2012, 01:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ May 27 2012, 12:38 PM) *
Ive got a tyre n' sledge hammer. Its a very tough conditioning session. I usually alternate between tyre flips and then hitting it with the hammer. Its a different animal to a weighted workout obviously, focusing on conditioning / cardio. Great piece of kit and not expensive.
Ben, I think it would be right up your street, lot of Thai boxers use the tyre for footwork as well, bouncing on the tyre kinda shadow boxing style.
you can vary the focus of the hammer swing from having it flat on the ground to leaning it against a wall and swinging the hammer like a baseball bat type of movement. you can also lodge sandbags inside the tyre to increase the weight for flips ( if you need to..... I dont LOL! )

Ben...... get a tyre and sledgehammer cool.gif

Yeah, it's just inevitable isn't it ?? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
May 27 2012, 01:15 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 27 2012, 01:07 PM) *
Yeah, it's just inevitable isn't it ?? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
your ninja skills will be immediately increased just by owning your own tractor tyre smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 27 2012, 01:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ May 27 2012, 01:15 PM) *
biggrin.gif
your ninja skills will be immediately increased just by owning your own tractor tyre smile.gif

Yes, that is one of those things that just raises the coolness level.. especially if you don't explain it either ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 27 2012, 05:16 PM
Instructor
It clearly looks like a great exercise BUT inevitably, that dude is THIS close to not being able to have kids anymore when he hammers the tire standing on it...

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 27 2012, 06:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 27 2012, 05:16 PM) *
It clearly looks like a great exercise BUT inevitably, that dude is THIS close to not being able to have kids anymore when he hammers the tire standing on it...

More effective than a vasectomy... and cheaper ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:37 AM