> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Metal Essentials - Riffs #3, Lesson By Darius Wave
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
9 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
10 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Siinthd
Aug 10 2020, 06:54 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Metal Essentials - Riffs #3 by Darius Wave

hello i'm with you again. so far, I am retraining my right hand technique and I am not completely master of my right hand.so my movements seems a little uncertain.

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=61008

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Siinthd: Aug 10 2020, 06:59 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 10 2020, 08:14 PM
Instructor
Hi again!

This one sounds great! It's awesome to see how much you improved this lesson. I don't notice all those pitch issues that you have in the previous take. This one sounds very tight! I also think that your tone is killer for this style.

I've watched it 3 times trying to find something to fix but I didn't so it's a 10!

Congrats on your great job!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 11 2020, 03:03 AM
GMC:er
NICE!!! The muting technique you are using on the first lick is great. I'd say try that on every lick whether you need the mute or not. The other licks still worked out very good though. It's all tight as a drum and never loses synch. Your hand control is very good as is your sense of time. These are not easy licks to play. You nailed all of them. SCORE! You get a 9 from me.

Todd

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 11 2020, 10:40 AM
Instructor
Hey there!

Well that is some great work done over this one. It deserves appreciation. Tone match i very close.

As an author of the lesson unfortunately I'm more sensitive for some details so for example:

0:53 - some unwnated strings noise cuts through

In general there a very little tweak for this particular part I would love to hear. I miss a little more contrats/separation between muted and open chords. Palm muting should be more percussive so it would act like a gate that immediately cuts the open sound. I'm not sure it sound clear but couldn't fine better words. In general this final part is most loosen - there are many very subtle imprefections that doesn't make it as tight as expected. You can notice that your left-panned track goes more in front of the beat than the right does.

Antoher general subtle issue is the fact the first few bars of each new riff are not tight enough. It sounds like you dig into it while playing and with each repetition you get things tighter and tighter.

I like the respect of pauses and minimalization of unnecessary movements. That;s a pro behavior.

Pitch is descent. Here's a little tip worth trying. When playing riffs with heavy right hand picking, it is good to tune the E6 string a few cents lower. It will increase it's pitch in the moment of pick stroke. It is common issue refered to E6 flexibility. Sometimes we need to trick things for recording purpose.

At the end there should be a "broken quarter bend" ornament. You just cut things to early and go down with a slide

0:47 - you should hold it straight until the very end of note sustain time. That's where your double get's slighlty inconsistent as well.

Now please keep in mind that all these suggestions don't mean anything bad at all. You brought you're take to a very high level where you are simply being judged like a pro. Things listed would make you reach the top and I'm sure you can do it because most of them are not much of technical issues but more of a general care for subtle differences that matter wink.gif Great job anyway

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 13 2020, 09:21 PM
GMC Founder
Very cool and enjoyable!

I am pretty sure those slight fluctuations in timing would be fixed if you always practiced riffing while keeping a steady pulse with your foot.

I get the impression you are reference listening to the backing track to gauge where exactly you should be, timing wise. This is certainly a good skill to have, as it allows for jamming and flexibility.

However for this kind of track you need the metronome to be in your foot, and it should be totally solid. This way you will be on time at the beginning of every riff as well. As it is now, you play with great timing as soon soon as you have managed to figure out exactly where you are timing wise - by ear.

You get an 8 from me. I am very excited to follow your fast progress!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 2 2020, 05:56 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 9

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:35 AM