Randy Rhoads
bill95
May 11 2011, 01:10 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys, Randy Rhoads was an awesome guitarrist, unluckily he died too young.What do you think of him?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 11 2011, 01:14 PM
Instructor
Randy kicked butt, for sure ! He had a great sense of melody and his solos were always compositions rather than just showing off. smile.gif

I'm interested to know what other people think about the 'Tribute' live album with Ozzy.. I think he had a real nice tone on his solos but his actual playing on those recordings was quite sloppy in places.. mainly on the rhythm side of things..?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
bill95
May 11 2011, 01:16 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 11 2011, 12:14 PM) *
Randy kicked butt, for sure ! He had a great sense of melody and his solos were always compositions rather than just showing off. smile.gif

I'm interested to know what other people think about the 'Tribute' live album with Ozzy.. I think he had a real nice tone on his solos but his actual playing on those recordings was quite sloppy in places.. mainly on the rhythm side of things..?
What do u think of Gus G Ben?

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 11 2011, 01:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bill95 @ May 11 2011, 01:16 PM) *
What do u think of Gus G Ben?

He's a very good technical player but I've yet to see any real 'soul' from his playing.. like some great vibrato, tone and epic bends ! cool.gif However I'm glad Ozzy moved on from Zakk and got Gus, he needed to make a change ! How about you ?

I love the stuf Jake did with Ozzy smile.gif

+Quote Post
bill95
May 11 2011, 01:30 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 11 2011, 12:18 PM) *
He's a very good technical player but I've yet to see any real 'soul' from his playing.. like some great vibrato, tone and epic bends ! cool.gif However I'm glad Ozzy moved on from Zakk and got Gus, he needed to make a change ! How about you ?

I love the stuf Jake did with Ozzy smile.gif
Zakk is an awesome guitarrist no1 can doubt that although i don't really like him.Didn't like his approach when he joined ozzy after randy died.And yes i agree with you ozzy needed a change.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
May 11 2011, 04:27 PM
Instructor
In the historical context Rhandy did some major innovations like using classical harmony and violin like compositions on the guitar, before Y. Malmsteen.

Personally I enjoy his playing a lot, but I prefer his rockish side

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:33 AM