Self Mood-depressed
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 6 2007, 06:05 AM
GMC:er
unsure.gif I mean what can I say, s*** for me is bad. I was recently informed that two girls Ik went skinny dipping with my best friends. And my other friend is probably the cockiest person youll ever meet, but girls where I live love that sort of thing and two of them are gonna flash him and yatta yatta yatta. I find myself looking into the mirror, at myself wondering what Im doing with my life, where Im going and how im going to get there. I often look at myfriends and the things they have done and say... why cant that be me ? I think for starters I could get healthyer . But Idk how. Id do anything for a rock hard six-pack. Id love to bulk up , I here that builds self confidence. Im one of those people that if you meet me , youd immediatly like me , im funny and s*** but that only goes so far. I just dont know anymore. Im sad ( for lack of a better word ). I thought I might as well make a topic on here being that you all are the nicest people if ever been in contact with and I at least thought you guys might be of some assistance.

Any advice to help me Id like alot. I could go on for ever but well, Ill keep It short.
I was looking at the bottom for a smiley to depict how I feel , but I didnt find one .

Please come now I think I'm falling
I'm holding to all I think is safe
It seems I found the road to nowhere
And I'm trying to escape
I yelled back when I heard thunder
But I'm down to one last breath
And with it let me say
Let me say

Hold me now
I'm six feet from the edge and I'm thinking
That maybe six feet
Ain't so far down- Creed, One last breath

- John

Edited for language - Andrew

Edit for a swear word that Andrew Missed- Eat sleep and Jam

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Eat-Sleep-andJam: Jul 6 2007, 03:23 PM

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
shredmandan
Jul 6 2007, 06:16 AM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 6 2007, 01:05 AM) *
unsure.gif I mean what can I say, shit for me is bad. I was recently informed that two girls Ik went skinny dipping with my best friends. And my other friend is probably the cockiest person youll ever meet, but girls where I live love that sort of thing and two of them are gonna flash him and yatta yatta yatta. I find myself looking into the mirror, at myself wondering what Im doing with my life, where Im going and how im going to get there. I often look at myfriends and the things they have done and say... why cant that be me ? I think for starters I could get healthyer . But Idk how. Id do anything for a rock hard six-pack. Id love to bulk up , I here that builds self confidence. Im one of those people that if you meet me , youd immediatly like me , im funny and shit but that only goes so far. I just dont know anymore. Im sad ( for lack of a better word ). I thought I might as well make a topic on here being that you all are the nicest people if ever been in contact with and I at least thought you guys might be of some assistance.

Any advice to help me Id like alot. I could go on for ever but well, Ill keep It short.
I was looking at the bottom for a smiley to depict how I feel , but I didnt find one .

Please come now I think I'm falling
I'm holding to all I think is safe
It seems I found the road to nowhere
And I'm trying to escape
I yelled back when I heard thunder
But I'm down to one last breath
And with it let me say
Let me say

Hold me now
I'm six feet from the edge and I'm thinking
That maybe six feet
Ain't so far down- Creed, One last breath

- John

All i can say is he all feel like that from time to time.Woman arnt everything either.I know your like what ever but it always seems like when you got a woman you complain and when you dont you complain.Girls do go for the b****** type as well,dont ask me why but they do.If your a good guy they will walk on you .You either treat them crappy or they will do you crappy.I say take it out on the guitar.Put everything you can into getting better and oneday you may have all the woman just because your so good at the guitar.Dude i cant even begin to tell you how bad things have been for me and i wont even get into it but,you have to have days like this to make the other days good.Not what you want to here but the truth.Best of luck

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Jul 6 2007, 01:18 PM

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
JOhn
Jul 6 2007, 06:17 AM
i don't know what you getting at. If you wanna be fitter you have got to work hard. I used to run like a few hundred kms every day and im still not the fittest in my class but i am one of the best.

I don't really get you question.

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Jul 6 2007, 06:19 AM
Also i would like to add that you think the six pack or not being heavy would make you happy but it doesnt.I weighted 235 before my accident now im 135 and i hate it .Girls actually do like guys that are bigger and there not ugly either you just have to find them.I wish more than anything i was back at 235 being skinny sucks so bad once you get there

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Pantalaimon
Jul 6 2007, 06:22 AM
Ok, mate...

So You're one of those "nice guys" right? You're courteous, you'll hold the door for people (especially girls), you'll treat everyone with respect, and you're a pretty modest guy. You probably can't understand why girls would ever want to swim naked with the ass holes and give the classy guy the short end of the stick.

my advice to you is this: stay the "Nice guy" Don't Stop. In the long run, girls love the nice guys way more than they love the ass holes - you really just gotta wait it out. Don't be afraid to have fun once in a while, but don't forget who you are, and how you should conduct yourself around women, because one day, someone's going to notice - maybe it'll even be your dream girl.

basically, this is my message - though it looks like the cocky ass-hole guys always seem to get the girls, that doesn't mean that you should copy them. Different girls are interested in different personallity traits - it would be wise to wait it out and find a girl that appreciates you for who you really are (and how nice you really are). Please don't change yourself or your behavior to get girls - it's not worth it.

Good luck, mate. feel better.

smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear:
~Schecter C-1+ (black cherry) w/ Duncan Designed PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Fender Mexican Stratocaster (black) w/ stock PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Jasmine by Takamine acoustic (kinda crappy - $90)
~Fender Frontman 25R amp.
~Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive pedal
~Dan-Ecko pedal

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 6 2007, 06:36 AM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Jul 5 2007, 09:16 PM) *
All i can say is he all feel like that from time to time.Woman arnt everything either.I know your like what ever but it always seems like when you got a woman you complain and when you dont you complain.Girls do go for the b****** type as well,dont ask me why but they do.If your a good guy they will walk on you .You either treat them crappy or they will do you crappy.I say take it out on the guitar.Put everything you can into getting better and oneday you may have all the woman just because your so good at the guitar.Dude i cant even begin to tell you how bad things have been for me and i wont even get into it but,you have to have days like this to make the other days good.Not what you want to here but the truth.Best of luck

yeah your right. you know your upset when you listen to lonely day by system of a down 40,000 times tongue.gif

QUOTE (JOhn @ Jul 5 2007, 09:17 PM) *
i don't know what you getting at. If you wanna be fitter you have got to work hard. I used to run like a few hundred kms every day and im still not the fittest in my class but i am one of the best.

I don't really get you question.

Basically, what steps can I take to be fitter, understood ?

QUOTE (shredmandan @ Jul 5 2007, 09:19 PM) *
Also i would like to add that you think the six pack or not being heavy would make you happy but it doesnt.I weighted 235 before my accident now im 135 and i hate it .Girls actually do like guys that are bigger and there not ugly either you just have to find them.I wish more than anything i was back at 235 being skinny sucks so bad once you get there

Yeah true Im not a stick, or a 300 pound fat ass . Im 14 ,5'10 and 160 pounds.
QUOTE (Pantalaimon @ Jul 5 2007, 09:22 PM) *
Ok, mate...

So You're one of those "nice guys" right? You're courteous, you'll hold the door for people (especially girls), you'll treat everyone with respect, and you're a pretty modest guy. You probably can't understand why girls would ever want to swim naked with the ass holes and give the classy guy the short end of the stick.

my advice to you is this: stay the "Nice guy" Don't Stop. In the long run, girls love the nice guys way more than they love the ass holes - you really just gotta wait it out. Don't be afraid to have fun once in a while, but don't forget who you are, and how you should conduct yourself around women, because one day, someone's going to notice - maybe it'll even be your dream girl.

basically, this is my message - though it looks like the cocky ass-hole guys always seem to get the girls, that doesn't mean that you should copy them. Different girls are interested in different personallity traits - it would be wise to wait it out and find a girl that appreciates you for who you really are (and how nice you really are). Please don't change yourself or your behavior to get girls - it's not worth it.

smile.gif

Ha ha nice guy ? Did it come across that way ? Im the type of kid that your friends parents are the least fond of. I through snow balls at cars, ding dong ditch, prank phone call and the works. I run my mouth, I like to see peoples limitations and I dont enjoy things straight out of books. I love music , the guitar and my friends. But at the moment, I feel like I have nothing to look forward to. I worry to much about how others see me, and I always try to remain on everyones good side, yet I push my smartass mouth and look for reactions out of my friends, girls, etc. Im a funny guy and Im sure if anyone on this site was to hang out with me , theyd have a good time, thats if there parents let me over in the first place smile.gif

- John

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Jul 6 2007, 01:19 PM

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Pantalaimon
Jul 6 2007, 06:45 AM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 6 2007, 12:36 AM) *
Ha ha nice guy ? Did it come across that way ? Im the type of kid that your friends parents are the least fond of. I through snow balls at cars, ding dong ditch, prank phone call and the works. I run my mouth, I like to see peoples limitations and I dont enjoy things straight out of books. I love music , the guitar and my friends. But at the moment, I feel like I have nothing to look forward to. I worry to much about how others see me, and I always try to remain on everyones good side, yet I push my smartass mouth and look for reactions out of my friends, girls, etc. Im a funny guy and Im sure if anyone on this site was to hang out with me , theyd have a good time, thats if there parents let me over in the first place smile.gif
- John

haha I do all that s*** too and I consider myself a nice guy.

my basic point was this - don't spend time wishing you are someone you're not. Just be happy with who you are.

and if you want to get fit - run. Running is insane - it get's your heart going (the best kind of exercise) and if you do it consistantly you lose weight like crazy.

Also - a great ab workout - lie on your back with your head/shoulders lifted about 3-6 inches off the ground.
1. lift your legs and point your toes so that they are pointed at the cieling.
2. bring your legs down slowly to about 6 inches from the ground.
3. spread your legs as far as you can, slowly, then bring them back together.
4. repeat from step one until it's been burning for about a minute.

good luck. haha

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Jul 6 2007, 01:21 PM

--------------------
My Gear:
~Dan-Ecko pedal

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 6 2007, 06:51 AM
Ha ha , that better then crunch's and sit-ups?
I think Ill walk for starters and then gradually work up speed, sound like a Metronome ?tongue.gif

I consider my self a nice guy. But not this type of nice guy

And I just tryed that abb excercise, and it works great ! Thanks you !

- John

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Pantalaimon
Jul 6 2007, 07:01 AM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 6 2007, 12:51 AM) *
Ha ha , that better then crunch's and sit-ups?
I think Ill walk for starters and then gradually work up speed, sound like a Metronome ?tongue.gif
I consider my self a nice guy. But not this type of nice guy

And I just tryed that abb excercise, and it works great ! Thanks you !
- John

no problem mate.

and I don't think anyone wants to be that type of nice guy.

--------------------
My Gear:
~Dan-Ecko pedal

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 6 2007, 07:08 AM
SPEAK FOR YOURSELF ! cool.gif

- John

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Pantalaimon
Jul 6 2007, 07:11 AM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 6 2007, 01:08 AM) *
SPEAK FOR YOURSELF ! cool.gif
- John

You're right. I think Bill Nye was really going for that look. but he pulls it off. cool.gif

--------------------
My Gear:
~Dan-Ecko pedal

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 6 2007, 07:18 AM
Learning Roadie
Building upper body strength along with running is the way to lose weight. Lift. I bought a pair of 30 pound individual weights, that can be adjusted anywhere from 5 to 30 pounds in increments of 5, it's great to build upper body strength and feels good too.

Like someone said, take out days like this on the guitar and keep getting better smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 6 2007, 07:19 AM
Ik right, but what can I say girls dig a guy thats good at science, afterall science is very exciting.

- John

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 6 2007, 01:22 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Guys, lets be a little more careful of the language in this thread ok?

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 6 2007, 03:18 PM
Sorry. Anyways weight and running sounds good. Argh I hate running though but Ill give it a try.

-John

This post has been edited by Eat-Sleep-andJam: Jul 6 2007, 03:23 PM

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 6 2007, 03:32 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Exercise and QUIT SUGAR! No candy, no soda, nothing.

Just be yourself and you'll get the girl(s) you're comfortable with. Acting a role may just screw things up for yourself.

And when you get older you'll know what you wanted to know when you were young - that girls want the same things guys do ;-)

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 6 2007, 06:53 PM
Learning Roadie
Yes, quitting sugar is key. Personally I drink mostly milk, orange juice and a lot of water. That's just personal taste but cut off the soda. That's a big one.

Running isn't much fun, but like any workout you feel GREAT after doing it (usually) and you'll want to do it more. As it gets easier and you lose weight you'll want to do it more, too. So my best advice is just to take it like practicing guitar - you don't want to do it usually but it pays off bigtime and gets more fun as you watch your progress speed up.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
GroovinMastiff
Jul 6 2007, 07:28 PM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 6 2007, 11:18 AM) *
Sorry. Anyways weight and running sounds good. Argh I hate running though but Ill give it a try.
-John

Being a runner now, it's true that it sucks when you start doing it, but just try a few miles a week, and most importantly, stick with it. Once your body becomes more accustomed to it, you'll be able to run further and faster than you ever thought, and eventually it'll just become a way of life (just like guitar) for you, you'll feel weird if you don't run once you've been doing it for a while. wink.gif

And besides, I rather go for a long run (or practice guitar of course biggrin.gif ) on a beautiful trail than hang out with some bubble-headed chick at the mall or at a bar, and once you start running (or whatever workout you like) and playing guitar for you and only you (don't do it to impress anyone, do it cause it benefits your health and your confidence), the right girl will eventually come along before you know it, and she'll respect what you do and who are. wink.gif

Hope that helped, good luck man smile.gif

--------------------
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 6 2007, 07:43 PM
Lets go fishing!
Personally I feel you should'nt need to work out to get girls!Honestly,i dont think any girl is worth getting worked up so much over - and vice versa for girls who like a guy so much !

When I was younger i used to worry about six packs and muscles etc, but honestly it just doesent count for much! If you happy in yourself, girls dig that the most ! wink.gif

QUOTE (MickeM @ Jul 6 2007, 03:32 PM) *
Exercise and QUIT SUGAR! No candy, no soda, nothing.

Just be yourself and you'll get the girl(s) you're comfortable with. Acting a role may just screw things up for yourself.

And when you get older you'll know what you wanted to know when you were young - that girls want the same things guys do ;-)

I missed this, GOOD advice Sir! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Jul 6 2007, 07:42 PM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 6 2007, 08:10 PM
QUOTE (Pantalaimon @ Jul 5 2007, 11:22 PM) *
Ok, mate...

smile.gif

hey, thats a great post man, i guess it can be applied to me since im also the "Nice Guy" (not the one in the picture type) i always think thats what the girls like, but it seems not, and that depressed me. Still i try to always be myself, ive been through this so many times i even lost count, and dont really care anymore whats gonna happen. I always get to a point were the girl "just wanna be friends", i hate that )(@*#)(@#* mad.gif mad.gif . The love of my life had to go to the US and we never got the chance to be together, we were meant for each other....and now she's gone. sad.gif

Anyways, i understand that its not worth trying to be another person, and i understand that, id never do that. But im just tired of not getting what i want? I was watching this movie yesterday, Shallow Hal, idk if you guys have watched it, but its almost the same exact situation, and i dont wanna be Hal (the guy in the movie), what if i end up like him?!?! mellow.gif sad.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:56 PM