Tapping?
juangar1992
Jul 23 2008, 04:47 AM
GMC:er
i was watching your "kirk hammet licks" lesson, and on the tapping one i was just impressed!!! how do you do so strings doesn't ring when you're tapping???, how do you mute strings when you're tapping

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 8 2008, 09:38 AM
GMC Founder
Hi Juangar - you are right keeping things clean when tapping is not always easy. Some people solve it with hair elastics around the guitar neck (this is almost indispensable when doing 8 finger/two handed tapping).

The tapping in the lesson you are referring too (thanks for the kind words by the way! biggrin.gif) can be done by using standard muting techniques - rather than explaining it in words - I will point you towards a video tutorial with Ivan which covers this topic:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...g-101-tutorial/

Good luck! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:24 AM