Turn It Up!
Gabriel Leopardi
May 9 2014, 07:11 PM
Instructor
Playing at low volumes is a different story than playing loud. Do you ever get a chance to turn it up?

I remember two months ago when I reached the stadium where my band was going to share stage with Metallica and the main band was sound checking guitars and I was blown away. I have to say that I felt a bit intimidated of thinking that my guitar was going to be heard that loud.

As it’s not the same playing sit down than standing up, it’s not the same to play with low volume in your bedroom than playing louder and amplified in a rehearsal room, and even more on a live concert. I feel it very different, how is your experience?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 10 2014, 11:26 AM
Instructor
It can be a bit intimidating when you first hear your guitars going through the PA during a soundcheck.... but then it just feels incredible.

I think it's something we should all be experiencing regularly ! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 10 2014, 01:34 PM
Instructor
Amen to that brother!

My first experience with a huge PA was VERY intimidating smile.gif But now, after tuning up, I let it roar and scream for the sheer pleasure of it, before getting to the actual soundcheck biggrin.gif GOD it feels so good and YES it's something EVERYONE needs to get used to, if you want to have great and unhindered performances onstage!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 10 2014, 04:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 10 2014, 07:26 AM) *
It can be a bit intimidating when you first hear your guitars going through the PA during a soundcheck.... but then it just feels incredible.

I think it's something we should all be experiencing regularly ! biggrin.gif

haha yeah, it's incredible to play a chord and sound that loud. Everything sounds big and powerful.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 10 2014, 04:32 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 9 2014, 11:11 AM) *
Playing at low volumes is a different story than playing loud.

As it’s not the same playing sit down than standing up, it’s not the same to play with low volume in your bedroom than playing louder and amplified in a rehearsal room, and even more on a live concert. I feel it very different, how is your experience?

Yeah, a different animal altogether.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 11 2014, 12:44 PM
Instructor
For me, the gig preparations are like a ritual - I need to play all the tunes standing up and also, thinking about the places in which I can groove with my body - there are moments in which I can do it naturally without affecting the playing and others in which I feel like I would do it, but doing it would definitely ruin the execution. I can't play standing still all the time - some pieces really transmit more if you move with the music - you guys surely experienced it too smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:22 PM