A Synth For The Wish List, Juno Di
MickeM
Jan 19 2010, 02:55 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I'm seriusly concidering dropping the guitar in some of our songs and play the keyboard instead.
I used to play the electric organ many years ago so it's all about dusting off the skills, with Mystheria around probably I'd pick a lot of new stuff up aswell.

I have been brosing for synthersizers and the most tempting is Roland Juno Di. There's another one, Korg X-50 that seem to compete with Juno in the same price range and having the same skills.
I've ruled out Yamaha MM6 and MM8, same price but seem to me a division lower.

Anyone who's active with synth's have more suggestions or can vouch for the Juno Di? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 21 2010, 01:43 AM
Instructor
Very cool device. I'm not sure what could be wrong with it in terms of features, but I definitely recommend trying it out for the feel and tone in person.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 21 2010, 03:21 AM
Learning Tone Master
I would say: Be careful and beware, Micke!!!! I started out as You once long time ago and ended up playing keyboards on all songs and guitar on only 2..... tongue.gif (since there are'nt really any decent keyboard-players around, but tons of guitar players) Anyway, I don't have a clue on hardware synths nowadays, but why dont buy a cheap master keyboard and use a computer???

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 21 2010, 12:00 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Staffy @ Jan 21 2010, 02:21 AM) *
but why dont buy a cheap master keyboard and use a computer???

+1 Micke. There's so much more you can do this way!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 21 2010, 12:37 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jan 21 2010, 12:00 PM) *
+1 Micke. There's so much more you can do this way!

Yeah, there really is. If I would go for my troubadour career again (which god may forbid me to...), I would have used soft-synths like Omnisphere and NI Komplete, they sounds just awesome in my home-studio. An then there Ivory for piano, NI B4 for organs and the new Trilian for bass sounds.... I also use the Virus synth in my Powercore sometimes, but thats another story....

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 21 2010, 01:44 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
how terrible if I would end up being the keyboardist ohmy.gif Who notice the keyboardist, noone. I'll be put in a corner, never filmed during live concerts, nobody will know my name and at after parties people will as; what's the roadie or who ever he is doing here, shouldn't he be humpin' things to the truck?

Yeah, that'd suck. My plan was to do 2 songs and then mostly use it at home.

The idea of a master keyboard is good. However I'm doubtful about having too many plugs and sounds, plugs are expensive and I'd drown mentaly in too many sounds. That's the problem I'm having with my H&K Switchblade, it has too many functions, settings and preset sounds biggrin.gif I use it the old school way, dialing in my sounds on the panel and switching between the channels manually using the "blade"

Sounds in the synth has to be great though, I don't need 10,000 sounds. 20 teriffic ones is enough for me... though Juno has 1000.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 24 2010, 02:44 AM
Instructor
you might end up doing solos on both!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:22 PM