> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

In The Style Of Requests!
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 23 2009, 04:32 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! This topic is for posting the "in the style of lessons" that you'd like to be done by me... smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
jafomatic
Nov 23 2009, 04:37 PM
GMC:er
Basing my selection purely on the size of your hands: Buckethead. It may seem funny but I'm not even joking, you've got similar reach and might as well take advantage of it smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Nov 23 2009, 05:00 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Gabe! Just out of curiosity(and or PLEASE!), would you be interested in a Dan Jacobs guitar lesson? He's from the band Atreyu and is easily one of my favorite modern day guitarist and I think you would do a pretty good cover as well. Thanks in advance even if you can't wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
twist
Nov 23 2009, 05:22 PM
Oh, i would love to see a Gamma Ray style lesson! German powermetal! smile.gif

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 23 2009, 06:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Nov 23 2009, 12:37 PM) *
Basing my selection purely on the size of your hands: Buckethead. It may seem funny but I'm not even joking, you've got similar reach and might as well take advantage of it smile.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif Ok! I just need his nice gibson guitar! Thanks for the request! I'll work on it. wink.gif

QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Nov 23 2009, 01:00 PM) *
Hey Gabe! Just out of curiosity(and or PLEASE!), would you be interested in a Dan Jacobs guitar lesson? He's from the band Atreyu and is easily one of my favorite modern day guitarist and I think you would do a pretty good cover as well. Thanks in advance even if you can't wink.gif

We share some influences (modern bands like green day, rancid and also guitar players like Van Halen, Lynch and Malmsteen) and Atreyu is a cool band so I will definitely give it a try! wink.gif

QUOTE (twist @ Nov 23 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Oh, i would love to see a Gamma Ray style lesson! German powermetal! smile.gif

I love German Power Metal (Helloween, BG, Gamma Ray, Edguy, Heaven's Gate, and many more!) ! smile.gif Thanks for the request! Working on it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Nov 23 2009, 07:22 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 23 2009, 11:38 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif Ok! I just need his nice gibson guitar! Thanks for the request! I'll work on it. wink.gif

We share some influences (modern bands like green day, rancid and also guitar players like Van Halen, Lynch and Malmsteen) and Atreyu is a cool band so I will definitely give it a try! wink.gif

I love German Power Metal (Helloween, BG, Gamma Ray, Edguy, Heaven's Gate, and many more!) ! smile.gif Thanks for the request! Working on it!

Oh man thank you so much!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 23 2009, 07:23 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
+1 for Buckethead

Padmasana or Soothsayer alike songs would be great smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Nov 23 2009, 07:26 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
I don`t know if they`re amongst your favorites, but I`ll post anyways since you requested wishes biggrin.gif

Rush REALLY needs an "in the style of lesson", since they`re IMO on of the greatest prog rock bands today, and have been for close to 40 years!! Also Yes is another great prog rock band, but I`m more of a Rush - guy biggrin.gif

Clutch has they`re own groove in their songs, and doesn`t sound like any other band I can come up with in a hurry at least, would be cool to see a lesson about them smile.gif

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Nov 23 2009, 07:30 PM
QUOTE (mhskeide @ Nov 23 2009, 12:26 PM) *
I don`t know if they`re amongst your favorites, but I`ll post anyways since you requested wishes biggrin.gif

Rush REALLY needs an "in the style of lesson", since they`re IMO on of the greatest prog rock bands today, and have been for close to 40 years!! Also Yes is another great prog rock band, but I`m more of a Rush - guy biggrin.gif

Clutch has they`re own groove in their songs, and doesn`t sound like any other band I can come up with in a hurry at least, would be cool to see a lesson about them smile.gif

Clutch is a amazing band.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Nov 23 2009, 09:03 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I'd really like a lesson in the style of Billy Talent. I think Ian D'Sa is one of the greatest guitar players around, I really admire how he puts rhythm and solo work together in their songs.
I'm also a big Green Day fan, I've seen them live twice this year, they're an awesome live band. So a lesson in the style of Green Day would be cool, too, though not so challenging, I dare say tongue.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
kahall
Nov 24 2009, 05:49 AM
Learning Roadie
Joe Bonamassa. I am really digging him lately.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Nov 24 2009, 08:38 AM
Learning Roadie
I'd really like Buckethead, too, especially in the style of Soothsayer. smile.gif I also admire the styles of Scorpions' lead guitarists and Randy Rhoads.

But Buckethead would be just insane. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
twist
Nov 24 2009, 11:28 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 23 2009, 06:38 PM) *

Youare now officially my hero! smile.gif

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 25 2009, 04:11 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Hey Gabe, how bout some Curtis Stigers and The Forest Rangers? They wrote the theme to an awesome show called "Sons Of Anarchy". I love this tune!

This post has been edited by skennington: Nov 25 2009, 04:12 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 25 2009, 04:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fran @ Nov 23 2009, 03:23 PM) *
+1 for Buckethead

Padmasana or Soothsayer alike songs would be great smile.gif

smile.gif Those are really cool songs! and they are being copied to my ipod again right now! wink.gif

QUOTE (mhskeide @ Nov 23 2009, 03:26 PM) *

I've been a big fan of Petrucci and Dream Theater and as I applied student I analized their influences so I learnt many Rush songs! smile.gif I'll start working on this!

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Nov 23 2009, 05:03 PM) *
I'd really like a lesson in the style of Billy Talent. I think Ian D'Sa is one of the greatest guitar players around, I really admire how he puts rhythm and solo work together in their songs.
I'm also a big Green Day fan, I've seen them live twice this year, they're an awesome live band. So a lesson in the style of Green Day would be cool, too, though not so challenging, I dare say tongue.gif

Billy Talent has really cool guitar work & Green day style would be a cool power chords lessons for beginners. Thanks for the requests!

QUOTE (kahall @ Nov 24 2009, 01:49 AM) *
Joe Bonamassa. I am really digging him lately.

Added!

QUOTE (Kristian Hyvarinen @ Nov 24 2009, 04:38 AM) *
I'd really like Buckethead, too, especially in the style of Soothsayer. smile.gif I also admire the styles of Scorpions' lead guitarists and Randy Rhoads.

But Buckethead would be just insane. biggrin.gif

Thanks for the request Kristian!

QUOTE (twist @ Nov 24 2009, 07:28 AM) *
Youare now officially my hero! smile.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (skennington @ Nov 25 2009, 12:11 AM) *
Hey Gabe, how bout some Curtis Stigers and The Forest Rangers? They wrote the theme to an awesome show called "Sons Of Anarchy". I love this tune!

Wou! I love this style! I didn't know this band but this song is really good! Do you mean some more Southern Rock?? biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 25 2009, 06:37 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 24 2009, 10:41 PM) *
Wou! I love this style! I didn't know this band but this song is really good! Do you mean some more Southern Rock?? biggrin.gif

I know you have done a bit of southern Rock Gabe and this is considered southern rock for sure. I guess the use of the wah is what really get's my attention.

The guitarist (I think) is Franky Perez who has played with Scars on Broadway. Here are some links..

Franky Perez

Scars On Broadway

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 28 2009, 10:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (skennington @ Nov 25 2009, 02:37 PM) *
I know you have done a bit of southern Rock Gabe and this is considered southern rock for sure. I guess the use of the wah is what really get's my attention.

The guitarist (I think) is Franky Perez who has played with Scars on Broadway. Here are some links..

Franky Perez

Scars On Broadway

Cool! I like his style! I'll get into his music. Thanks for the request and the links Sken!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
CathShadow
Nov 29 2009, 12:03 AM
Hey Gab..

Could you do an in the style of Slot?? -- I LOVE this band!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 29 2009, 10:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (CathShadow @ Nov 28 2009, 08:03 PM) *
Hey Gab..

Could you do an in the style of Slot?? -- I LOVE this band!!

yes! I know them and I like them! Added to the list! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
CathShadow
Dec 6 2009, 11:22 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 30 2009, 12:43 AM) *
yes! I know them and I like them! Added to the list! wink.gif

YAY!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Can't wait!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:17 PM