> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

21 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Monkeydathos' Road To Awesomeness
MonkeyDAthos
Apr 30 2012, 08:43 PM
GMC:er

G (Root) B ( Major Third) D (P5) --> Major Triad
G (root) A# (Minor Third) D(P5) ---> Minor Triad

I am not completely sure but i think if you add the 7 on the first on you get a Major 7 Triad, and for example if you have an 1-2-5 you have a Gsus5 in this case.

i am really not very aware of this when i am playing unsure.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 30 2012, 08:49 PM
Instructor
Oh biggrin.gif well you should be, because it'll help tremendously smile.gif try and find all the chords belonging to each step of the G major scale,k? Let's start with the triads for G A B C D E F# G wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 2 2012, 12:26 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 30 2012, 08:49 PM) *
Oh biggrin.gif well you should be, because it'll help tremendously smile.gif try and find all the chords belonging to each step of the G major scale,k? Let's start with the triads for G A B C D E F# G wink.gif

Chords in G major? well G Major, A Minor, B Minor, C Major, D Major, E Minor, F# Dim

Major Triad ---> 1 3 5
Minor Triad ---> 1 b3 5
Aug Triad ---> 1 3 #5
Dim Triad ---> 1 b3 b5

G Major Triad --> G B D ; A Minor Triad ---> A C E ; B Minor ---> B D F# ; C Major ---> C E G ; D Major ---> D F# A ; E Minor ---> E G B ; F# Dim ---> F#A C

i know i should, is probably one of the main things i wanna change in my playing.

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: May 2 2012, 12:41 AM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 2 2012, 01:41 AM
A little cool note from my underground studies biggrin.gif: A triad can be played harmonically (Ex: Chords) or Melodically (EX: Arpeggios)

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: May 2 2012, 01:42 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 2 2012, 02:53 PM
Instructor
Good observations my friend biggrin.gif

Now here's your task wink.gif let's take C, G major scales and their relative minors smile.gif Am and Em

- figure out the chords harmonizing each step of each scale above
- play the arpeggios deriving from each scale
- play the arpeggios while singing each note saying it's name smile.gif - I know you hate me for this biggrin.gif but your ears will love me after some time tongue.gif

Is it doable? You can turn to discovering arpeggio shapes in 2 octaves starting from the ones above wink.gif

What do you think?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 2 2012, 02:59 PM
ahah biggrin.gif indeed i will hate you ._.; but i will give a try,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 4 2012, 09:08 AM
Instructor
I will make you aware of what you're playing! whatever the costs biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 7 2012, 09:18 PM
Hi Cosmin, been busy with exams ._.; i will try and update everything this weekend.

btw i am really enjoying my playing biggrin.gif, today i did a little 1 hour jam, messing around with triads and stuff, and i was like (with a dumb smile in my face) no way i just played that ahah, i will try and make a little arrangement using triads and upload it also!

little off topic:
Still need to replace the strings thou, and i hate asking my parents for money ._., so i will wait 10 days for my bday and strike a need pack of strings and also a tremolo stopper for my jackson!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: May 7 2012, 09:24 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 8 2012, 03:26 PM
Instructor
That sounds good man! biggrin.gif You just brought a dumb smile on my face too tongue.gif I mean I am really glad that this program works for ya! Thanks for making my day brighter (not that the sun isn't burning its way through my curtains already)

Now, I am waiting to hear the triads arrangement and we can develop it further on after that smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 29 2012, 01:34 AM
Hey C-Sensei, it's been a while, i've been mega busy, but i finally got the hand on some free time, so expect some updates over the next days.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 29 2012, 04:32 PM
Instructor
Hey mate, sure thing wink.gif no problemmo! I am here and will reply as soon as you send me materials wink.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 2 2012, 08:49 PM
Hllo Cosmin, hows your life, going?
i would like to have your assistance on something.

i want to build a practice routine, so i won't spend a full day just doing random stuff in le guitar. Well i have at least 12 hours to distribute stuff; i would like to add this Mentoring, Gab's one, Todd's one, and maybe Ben's one once in a while;, so could you give me some suggestions ?

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jun 2 2012, 08:51 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 3 2012, 07:22 AM
Instructor
Hey man smile.gif life is good, thanks for asking! Pretty busy and all that, but I'm surviving biggrin.gif How about yourself?

Now, for a practice routine, I would go for a realistic goal - spending 4 hrs a day with your guitar is pretty much doable. I honestly don't believe that many people are able to spend 8 hrs a day playing guitar smile.gif even if everybody nowadays is running after the 50 hrs practice routine a day laugh.gif

Here's what I have in mind:

1) Technique - alternate picking/ legato/ articulation/ rhythm elements (2hrs - 30 minutes each technique)
2) Ear training (30 minutes)
3) Theory (30 minutes)
4) Applying theory (1 hr)

If this appeals to you, I will give you tasks for each part smile.gif

let me know what you think of man!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 3 2012, 02:59 PM
sounds good!

Right now, things i have to work are: Metal Metrics 4 (almost ready to record) Ben Vibrato 1 ( i think) i got analyse some songs for Gab, and some Picking exercises over Todd's, Mission 1 and 2, and theory here! those are my current main goals.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 3 2012, 08:13 PM
Instructor
Mate, before getting any new assignments, finish what you stared, k? If I give you new stuff to work on, I will only cram you up with things and I don't see anything good coming out of it smile.gif what do you think?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 4 2012, 01:11 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 3 2012, 08:13 PM) *
Mate, before getting any new assignments, finish what you stared, k? If I give you new stuff to work on, I will only cram you up with things and I don't see anything good coming out of it smile.gif what do you think?

Cosmin

yes, yes biggrin.gif that's what i was trying to say with my "current goals"

So

Let's see:
15-25min= warm up ( gonna use Todd's missions here)
30min= for Metal Metrics
"10min break"
40min-1hour= Ben's Vibrato
30min-40 analyzing songs at Gab
*10-15min Break*
30-45min= Theory
30min - 45 min = Ear training (singing triads is my current goal here)
*10min Break*
20-40min = Learning a favorite song
*break if i feel like*
40-1h =Applying Theory/Composing
30min = Finishing with Todd's missions again

Total time = 4hours ~ 6hours

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 4 2012, 07:00 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! This looks very good biggrin.gif I mean, if you are able to keep this up FOCUSED you'll be blazing in no time smile.gif Still waiting for some recordings from ya biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 4 2012, 01:42 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 4 2012, 07:00 AM) *
Hey mate! This looks very good biggrin.gif I mean, if you are able to keep this up FOCUSED you'll be blazing in no time smile.gif Still waiting for some recordings from ya biggrin.gif

i know, i am waiting till Thursday when i am officially on summer vacations to start recording.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 4 2012, 05:00 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 4 2012, 07:00 AM) *

i will post the practice on MM4 in a few min!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 4 2012, 06:24 PM
Instructor
Alright!

Ok mate wink.gif Just let me know when you are ready biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:27 PM