2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Just For Fun ... What Do You Play In The Guitar Store?
What riffs do you play in the guitar store?
What riffs do you play in the guitar store?
Stairway to heaven [ 1 ] ** [5.26%]
Smoke on the water [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Your latest 16th triplet exercise [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Pavel's latest speedpicking lesson [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Curious Coincidence [ 2 ] ** [10.53%]
Something cool of your own devising [ 11 ] ** [57.89%]
Canon Rock [ 1 ] ** [5.26%]
Any kind of random sweep picking [ 1 ] ** [5.26%]
Gabriels tricky 7/4 Petrucci piece [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Random scales/modes [ 3 ] ** [15.79%]
Total Votes: 19
Guests cannot vote 
The Uncreator
Mar 29 2007, 01:05 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I just imagine that lesson.

"Well the first thing you need to do is play this"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtrawIa3_c8

"And the next thing you know, every guy with a girlfriend in the store hates you biggrin.gif "

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
brainlesswonder
Mar 29 2007, 03:14 AM
GMC:er
When I buy a guitar, I take about a minute and slide around on the fret board to see if I like the feel. Then I hand the guitar to the shop pro and say "play the shit out of this thing". I want to hear the best it can sound, not the best that I can currently play it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
crabman
Mar 29 2007, 07:17 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 27 2007, 07:13 AM) *
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Seriously I can't stand the guitar stores or the people in them here in Sweden. So yeah definately, I'll burry their genitals. biggrin.gif

Well so far I think this has to be the quote of the year....

Beautiful laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jeff
Mar 29 2007, 07:03 PM
QUOTE (crabman @ Mar 29 2007, 07:17 AM) *
Well so far I think this has to be the quote of the year....

Beautiful laugh.gif

Agreed! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
wheeler
Mar 29 2007, 07:11 PM
Unfortunately, I'm usually in....let's call it "Stringed Instrument Center" when I'm trying out guitars, so no matter what I want to play, it always turns into a game of "great the guy next to me is going to crank up his amp, stare at me like a hardass looking for a barfight and butcher some sweeping exercises". rolleyes.gif At that point I generally just wander around until Captain Gonads has left the building and give it another go...usually just improvise some clean and distorted melodies and chords over the entire fretboard to get a feel for the instrument.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 29 2007, 11:11 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Pavel @ Mar 29 2007, 02:01 AM) *
No no no - no lessons on stealing chicks! I keep it for myself hehehehehe

But anyway it was so funny hahahaha

I guess keeping that secret to yourself is a good idea...All though I have heard there are lots of girls - so we shouldn't be compeeting.

How about trading cute girls for angry males... Do we have a deal? ( I have removed their genitals! biggrin.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 29 2007, 11:12 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 29 2007, 06:11 PM) *
I guess keeping that secret to yourself is a good idea...All though I have heard there are lots of girls - so we shouldn't be compeeting.

How about trading cute girls for angry males... Do we have deal? ( I have removed their genitals! biggrin.gif )

ROFL - that explains why they are angry then laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
VinceG
Mar 30 2007, 06:01 AM
nothing but death and thrash riffs. No solos for me, although the last time I went I played some blues.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:34 PM