The Day The Earth Stood Still, Any one sean the film?
Nemanja Filipovi...
Dec 14 2008, 07:03 PM
Singing Instructor
I watched today,and I was not disapointed.I usualy am,but KEanu was great,and movie too.
Any one watched too?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 14 2008, 07:08 PM
GMC:er
I saw it and I rate it about 3/5. It was alright but they went overboard a bit too much on special effects. It was watchable though for sure.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 14 2008, 08:31 PM
Instructor
I haven't watched it yet, but watched the trailer and will catch it soon, I like these films. Will tell you MO as soon as I watch it.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
superize
Dec 14 2008, 08:32 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I will watch it in a near future

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 15 2008, 12:37 AM
Instructor
I just saw the movie and I think it is nicely made. Newer movies tend to have darker atmosphere in them rather than being make-up wonders.
The movie carries a strong message that comes from civilizations that are not humans, are more sophisticated than us and watching us as we are destroying this planet. In contrast of previous beefed-up Hollywood production movies where human heroes rescue the world when disaster strikes, in this movie the hero is actually alien being. The advanced alien form of intelligence comes to the planet on order to save the Earth. Wealth of organism life on Earth can only be preserved if humans are extinct, cause humans are destroying the planet. But somewhere along the line alien is starting to realize that people can change when the disaster strikes so it undo the extinction process.
This movie carries a good and simple message - if we do not stop to exploit the Earth our dooms day will come eventually. Technology that we own can help us solve the problems and we are entering a new age where it will be capable either of destroying ourselves, but never the Earth, or evolving us into smarter intelligent form of life that can carry on life on this planet. In the end of the movie the time symbolically stops, and this marks the beginning of a new age for human race. Age of global awareness for evolution of life, not destruction of life should arrive soon, and as Keanu Reeves nicely say in the movie: "There's nothing that we can do".

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Dec 15 2008, 12:40 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Dec 15 2008, 12:57 AM
Singing Instructor
"Your planet"?
"No,it's not"

smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 15 2008, 12:59 AM
I like the meaning and story behind it hence the 3/5. Just the special effects were too much. Do others agree or do you think the special effects were needed to such a level?

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Dec 15 2008, 01:06 AM
its a remake right? I dont know, maybe ill see it. Why do we have to remake EVERYTHING?

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 15 2008, 02:08 AM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Dec 15 2008, 12:06 AM) *
its a remake right? I dont know, maybe ill see it. Why do we have to remake EVERYTHING?

yep it's a remake.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
kahall
Dec 15 2008, 05:30 AM
Learning Roadie
I will wait for the DVD. The movie is based on the hoax that is Global Warming/Climate Change. Follow the money, just like everything else.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Dec 15 2008, 05:45 AM
This is a "remake"

The original was almost nothing like this one... basically a guy shows up from outer space, and he looks human... thats about all they have in common...

and I heard that while the movie has a decent message, it is very slow paced... probably not good for people with short attention spans like me laugh.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
FrankW
Dec 15 2008, 06:35 AM
QUOTE (kahall @ Dec 15 2008, 05:30 AM) *
I will wait for the DVD. The movie is based on the hoax that is Global Warming/Climate Change. Follow the money, just like everything else.

I still have a hard time believing that Al Gore got a Nobel Peace prize for pushing that nonsense.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 15 2008, 10:44 AM
Instructor
I want to see that movie , sounds like a good one from Ivan's review

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Dec 15 2008, 06:45 PM
Instructor
Wait a second, isn't this a really old movie?, I mean black and white cheesy effects movie, or am I mistaken?

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Dec 15 2008, 07:01 PM
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Dec 15 2008, 12:45 PM) *
Wait a second, isn't this a really old movie?, I mean black and white cheesy effects movie, or am I mistaken?

The Original was one of the greatest Sci-Fi movies EVER. This one cant compare.
The Day The Earth Stood Still

QUOTE (kahall @ Dec 14 2008, 11:30 PM) *

Can we keep Politics out of this Please?

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Dec 15 2008, 10:14 PM
Instructor
I had no Idea that they remade this movie, this is the new thing, just remaking movies. Most times even though cinematography and special effects have improved, the originals have a better plot. Haven't seen this one, but I think I will wait until it comes out on dvd

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 15 2008, 11:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Dec 15 2008, 12:59 AM) *
I like the meaning and story behind it hence the 3/5. Just the special effects were too much. Do others agree or do you think the special effects were needed to such a level?

I liked some special FX in the movie, they came up for some pretty unusual stuff, like the interrogation scene, that was great stuff, never saw that coming, but I think the big robot figure was bad. I understand the symbolics of the big nano-robot, but they kinda made him too "lame".
I think the movie has a lot of that "military hollywood action" and this is what I don't like too much. Although US is trying to push their military propaganda through this movie as well, I can't help noticing that they are actually playing the negative role in their own Hollywood production movie. Can this be true? unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Dec 15 2008, 11:47 PM
Singing Instructor
The original is based on the cold war,and the alien has came here to stop us killing the earth with nuclear war.
This remake is just set in the modern age.

Do we kill our planet?Yes,we are.It is not for this dissucion at all,to much material.smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kahall
Dec 16 2008, 07:25 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Dec 15 2008, 12:01 PM) *
Can we keep Politics out of this Please?

But it's my favorite topic. wink.gif

This post has been edited by kahall: Dec 16 2008, 07:41 AM

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Dec 16 2008, 11:51 AM
QUOTE (kahall @ Dec 16 2008, 01:25 AM) *
But it's my favorite topic. wink.gif

i know... laugh.gif We need a subforum!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:33 AM