100 Awesome Bass Lines
Spock
Jul 31 2014, 07:04 PM
GMC:er
Worth the watch...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 31 2014, 08:46 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very cool video! smile.gif I like his punchy tone.
It really puts on a perspective how bass lines can be catchy in the songs, equally important as good guitar riffs or vocal hooks.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Spock
Aug 1 2014, 01:31 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jul 31 2014, 03:46 PM) *
Very cool video! smile.gif I like his punchy tone.
It really puts on a perspective how bass lines can be catchy in the songs, equally important as good guitar riffs or vocal hooks.

I agree Bogdan. Most times when I'm trying to come up with something original, the initial melody and groove ideas typically end being the bass part, or the inspiration for the bass. I love the heavy rhythm section (bass/drums) keeping it solid while the guitar floats - then everything come together tight as a unit and drive the point home.

I'm a little disappointed he didn't have any Incubus in there - Dirk was the bassists, more than anyone else, that made me want to switch to bass years ago.

This post has been edited by Spock: Aug 1 2014, 01:33 PM

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 1 2014, 06:07 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
man, 13 minutes of bass lines huh.gif Remember when Blackie Lawless called the bass 'The tool of ignorance' biggrin.gif
ironically, I was watching that video thinking when the hell is he going to play Schism smile.gif That's my favourite bassline of all time.
he included a lot of chilli peppers but Flea really does play some amazing stuff.
I have a cheap bass, I really like putting some distortion on and mucking about with it, it sounds huge.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:09 AM