Age For Guitar Lessons
JTaylor
Feb 2 2012, 12:03 PM
Apprentice Roadie
Since I am buying a new guitar, I had briefly thought about selling my old one. However, I don't think I would get very much for it and told my wife that our son can have it for his first guitar when he is old enough. This brought a question to mind: What is a good age to formally start him in lessons? I am not going to force it on him though. He is only 3 (and has the typical 3 year old attention span) but he does like sitting on my lap and strumming the strings. I believe several of you instructors also give lessons to kids and I am wondering what your opinion is on a good age. Also, I'd be glad to hear of any other people's experience with this. Last, but not least, while I need to buy him a smaller guitar? He is very tall for his age which he gets from me (I am 6' 5") so maybe he can use a full size by the time he is 5 or 6? Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:46 AM