Neighbours ? How It Looks?
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 23 2013, 09:45 PM
Instructor
I hear many complaints here on the neighbors, so I wonder :

Do you, actually, have care for them and their ears ?!!?, or you are upset because they continually complain on you ?! biggrin.gif

I wrote earlier somewhere here that I have never had such a problem!! I live in a flat in a large resort, and believe me, NO ONE ever came to complain,though I knew sometime to make so much noise as in Cape Kennedy !!!
Of course, I'm not such a freak to harass them all day long, but I can turn on the amp in the middle of the night (at half power biggrin.gif ), without fear that someone will banging on the door.

ps:

Have I mentioned what is written on my door? "Cosa Nostra in session, dare to knock !" rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 24 2013, 01:21 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jan 23 2013, 08:45 PM) *
Have I mentioned what is written on my door? "Cosa Nostra in session, dare to knock !" rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

They ALL fear the Godfather!!!
wink.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 24 2013, 02:48 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
I used to have a neighbor that would try to harass and bully my family and I. I took great pleasure in bombarding him with sound in retaliation. At that time I had a full on PA and 2 drum kits in my garage. He is not my neighbor any longer wink.gif I love giving bullies a taste of their own medicine. smile.gif

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Jan 24 2013, 02:49 AM

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jan 24 2013, 03:20 AM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Jan 24 2013, 01:48 AM) *
I used to have a neighbor that would try to harass and bully my family and I. I took great pleasure in bombarding him with sound in retaliation. At that time I had a full on PA and 2 drum kits in my garage. He is not my neighbor any longer wink.gif I love giving bullies a taste of their own medicine. smile.gif

I live in town but am the only house on my street. There is a building next down that is a theatre company and puts on plays. They like to complain when I sit on my porch in the summer and play. Last season they complained when they saw me playing and my amp was not even turned up to 1. I'm sure they could see me more than hear me. I think I may take your approach this year. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jan 24 2013, 08:52 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
They are ALL very friendly to my DOG LUNA biggrin.gif

so neighborhood is just fine rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 28 2013, 10:03 AM
Instructor
I don't have neighbors that close, so I can jam without any problem smile.gif Once, all the people in the block behind my house were on their balconies listening to me and my mate from Days of Confusion, rehearsing fro Mozart Rocks - I guess everyone likes Bach and Vivaldi laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 29 2013, 01:06 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I live in aparment building but honestly - I do not care for the noise. I try not to play in "resting hours" - other then that.... I'm a musician what can I do... smile.gif Also they all must hear me since the sound can be heard up to a local supermarket hundreds of meters away smile.gif

p.s. Do bass frequencies penetrate walls better? smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 29 2013, 02:11 AM
My neighbors are too stupid to complain about me. The one set fireworks off right on their wood deck and nearly caught it on fire, the other used his grill right up against his house and melted the siding....DUH!! all the others get divorced frequently so the houses always stay for sale and no one in them. LOL

.... ALL HAIL THE GODFATHER!!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
VikingBlues
Jan 29 2013, 08:15 AM
Fortunately for getting on with the neighbours my musical tastes these days run to quieter and more melodic music than in the past.

Being in an upstairs flat the floor is the problem - it's an old house so the walls are very thick and deaden the sound well (which my family gets the benefit from when I play guitar). I'm more likely to hear music from a hi-fi played from the room in the flat below than from my sons rooms on the same floor.

So my hi-fi speakers are on spiked stands tto reduce the sound from them going to the flat below. And I keep the combo amps off the floor when I'm playing, which probably helps keep everyone happy. Much as I'd like to think they don't complain because my playing is wonderful, I suspect it's more likely they don't hear much of the sound! If I crank things up much it's usually when there's no cars in their drive - I sometimes wish that was more often the case.

Having said all that I'll probably now have someone at the door complaining today! laugh.gif

Just noticed the comment "p.s. Do bass frequencies penetrate walls better?" a few posts back. If I hear anything from music downstairs it's mainly the bass thumping away - guess my Fender amps don't have much bottom end which will be helping.

This post has been edited by VikingBlues: Jan 29 2013, 08:20 AM

--------------------
Still learning guitar - always will be learning.

My Soundclick

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 29 2013, 09:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Jan 29 2013, 01:11 AM) *
My neighbors are too stupid to complain about me. The one set fireworks off right on their wood deck and nearly caught it on fire, the other used his grill right up against his house and melted the siding....DUH!! all the others get divorced frequently so the houses always stay for sale and no one in them. LOL

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

That really sounds like your neighbors are not the brightest kids in the schoolyard biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 29 2013, 10:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Jan 29 2013, 02:11 AM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Speaking in this manner, I have a couple of them that are more than a lazy arrogant S.O.B. cool.gif !
One of them often throws a complete meal with all the dishes right under my kitchen window ( his wife is a bad cook, I know for sure, so I can understand it biggrin.gif ) ! Another neighbor doesn't like to go down to spill garbage in a trash can, he loves to catapult it as far as possible from the fourth floor (properly packaged, I must say)!!!
Luckily we have a well-organized communal service, which clean it up very quickly, but still ..

Heheh some win, some lose...You can't choose neighbors dry.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 29 2013, 04:39 PM
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jan 29 2013, 04:35 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Speaking in this manner, I have a couple of them that are more than a lazy arrogant S.O.B. cool.gif !
One of them often throws a complete meal with all the dishes right under my kitchen window ( his wife is a bad cook, I know for sure, so I can understand it biggrin.gif ) ! Another neighbor doesn't like to go down to spill garbage in a trash can, he loves to catapult it as far as possible from the fourth floor (properly packaged, I must say)!!!
Luckily we have a well-organized communal service, which clean it up very quickly, but still ..

Heheh some win, some lose...You can't choose neighbors dry.gif biggrin.gif

If I could choose however, I'd be jamming with the Godfather!! ....After we put the idiot neighbors to bet with the fishes of course... smile.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 29 2013, 10:53 PM
Instructor
laugh.gif Sinisa - I can so imagine those people - we have a lot of resembling ones here as well biggrin.gif Some neighbors of mine, when I used to live in a flat, were cooking a barbeque near the garbage disposal device that is found on each level of the block... It turned my stomach upside down, but hey, who knows what sort of awesome thrash roast they had there? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
llibach
Jan 30 2013, 12:03 AM
Learning Rock Star
Nobody complains about the noise I make playing because normally i play through the computer into headphones at home and my rehersal space is in the middle of an industrial estate. But I did get a letter from my local council last year saying that someone who lives close has put in an official complaint about my rooster crowing in the morning. And I know who it is because she ignores me all the time tongue.gif
But it saves her getting an alarm clock right.
If only she realised I have 4 of them laugh.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 30 2013, 12:55 AM
QUOTE (llibach @ Jan 29 2013, 06:03 PM) *
Nobody complains about the noise I make playing because normally i play through the computer into headphones at home and my rehersal space is in the middle of an industrial estate. But I did get a letter from my local council last year saying that someone who lives close has put in an official complaint about my rooster crowing in the morning. And I know who it is because she ignores me all the time tongue.gif
But it saves her getting an alarm clock right.
If only she realised I have 4 of them laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 30 2013, 08:17 AM
Instructor

I think I got the noisiest dogs on the street, although compared to my neighbors, my dogs are being kept INSIDE my yard, while their dogs are OUTSIDE their yards all day long... You have no clue how annoying it is to know that you have to pass on your street and go take care of some groceries and face the following situation all the time laugh.gif Although it's a small street, there are a lot of cars passing by, the sidewalk is filled with parked cars and you can't use it, plus my neighbor's dog is hiding underneath his master's car and when I have to pass by his yard it's unavoidable that some car may pass in the same time and since there is no free sidewalk, I have to go near the car having the dog under it... 10 chances out of 9, he will try to bite me.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 30 2013, 08:25 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 30 2013, 07:17 AM) *

Although it's a small street, there are a lot of cars passing by, the sidewalk is filled with parked cars and you can't use it, plus my neighbor's dog is hiding underneath his master's car and when I have to pass by his yard it's unavoidable that some car may pass in the same time and since there is no free sidewalk, I have to go near the car having the dog under it... 10 chances out of 9, he will try to bite me.

This is why Americans are obsessed with guns - we have tons of mean dogs under our cars. Kidding ... sort of wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 30 2013, 08:26 AM
Instructor
Trust me, you would go bananas in here biggrin.gif In my area - that means let's say 5-6 streets, there is an overwhelming number of stray dogs - I would dare say... 100? smile.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 30 2013, 08:32 AM
Wow, that's a lot of target practice - yes, I'm kidding. I love dogs.
100 strays? What and where do they eat?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 30 2013, 08:41 AM
Instructor
They eat everything that humans can spare - trust me there are a lot of 'kind hearts' out there, feeding them. And the problem lies with these stupid stupid people, that actually help them breed and grow in numbers. I have 2 dogs and I love animals more than human beings in a lot of situations, but the trouble with stray dogs in here is big one. There have been cases in which people were literally torn apart by packs of stray dogs - they act like a pack... I've seen people climbing on top of cars and not being able to leave due to being surrounded by a angry packs ... If they love them so much, why not take them home and keep them inside their houses or yards?

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jan 30 2013, 08:42 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:57 PM