4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Satch/coldplay Pt. 2
Tolek
Dec 8 2008, 09:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
I don´t think that it is impossible to hear a difference between those songs. Satriani´s song is much older that Coldplay´s one. That´s the most significant reason for Satriani to win. I wish him all the best. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bondy
Dec 8 2008, 09:19 PM
Learning Roadie
OC go to anger management you have issues with great guitatist's!! biggrin.gif You are way to harsh on Satch; tone it down a little we all know you don't agree with him, you seem one step away from swearing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Rooks
Dec 8 2008, 09:20 PM
GMC:er

OC

I'm sure you would feel very different about that situation if it was your song that you worked hard to create.. That someone would just steal and make their own.. and they obviously did anyone can tell.. Would'nt it annoy you if you showed me a piece that you made, and I took credit for it?

but everyone his own opinion

And about Joe whining and being emotional. That is nearly coldheartet in american celebrity terms ^^

This post has been edited by Rooks: Dec 8 2008, 09:21 PM

--------------------

Gear: Guitar Cort EVL X4 , Squier Strat Amp Peavey Valveking 112 50w

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 8 2008, 09:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
You're falling for his rubbish. Lets hope the jury don't.

I just like him and his music and I admire his results of hard work. He deserves fairness. Everybody does.

Bondy and Rook: Great posts. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Tolek: Dec 8 2008, 09:21 PM

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 8 2008, 09:26 PM
QUOTE (Bondy @ Dec 8 2008, 08:19 PM) *
OC go to anger management you have issues with great guitatist's!! biggrin.gif You are way to harsh on Satch; tone it down a little we all know you don't agree with him, you seem one step away from swearing.

I never swear. I'm a good boy lol laugh.gif

F******************************* Moron tongue.gif biggrin.gif

haha. Hopefully that is allowed in a joking context like this. I get angry when I think personally that somebody is conning somebody. He is turning on the waterworks and saying oh this is my life and 10 years of my soul just to impress the jury but unfortunately I think Coldplay have enough money to get rid of Satriani if they wanted to smile.gif But I'm sure it wont come to that. Any jury can tell it isn't copied.

QUOTE (Rooks @ Dec 8 2008, 08:20 PM) *
OC

I'm sure you would feel very different about that situation if it was your song that you worked hard to create.. That someone would just steal and make their own.. and they obviously did anyone can tell.. Would'nt it annoy you if you showed me a piece that you made, and I took credit for it?

but everyone his own opinion

And about Joe whining and being emotional. That is nearly coldheartet in american celebrity terms ^^

Muse copied one of my songs tongue.gif I created a song 5 years ago and have proof and the galloping horse style drum beat from the start of Knights Of Cydonia as in when there is no guitar is copied from my song exactly and I have proof I did it long ago in one of my songs but I don't lose sleep over it. Life carries on. I prefer there song lol tongue.gif It's a weird one where the drum beat is the most important part in a song in a section but I doubt they'd do anything about it because nobody cares about drums being similar it seems.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 8 2008, 09:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Dec 8 2008, 09:23 PM) *
I never swear. I'm a good boy lol laugh.gif

F******************************* Moron tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Haha. laugh.gif
haha. Hopefully that is allowed in a joking context like this. I get angry when I think personally that somebody is conning somebody. He is turning on the waterworks and saying oh this is my life and 10 years of my soul just to impress the jury but unfortunately I think Coldplay have enough money to get rid of Satriani if they wanted to smile.gif But I'm sure it wont come to that. Any jury can tell it isn't copied.

I am not sure that we are talking about the same song. Check it out again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8HDUiauiyM"" target="_blank">*click* laugh.gif

It seems to me that you like people who are stealing. biggrin.gif Especially, if they have enough money to get rid of their enemy. That´s so criminal...

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 8 2008, 09:30 PM
QUOTE (Tolek @ Dec 8 2008, 08:27 PM) *
Haha. laugh.gif

I am not sure that we are talking about the same song. Check it out again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8HDUiauiyM"" target="_blank">*click*</a> laugh.gif

It seems to me that you like people who are stealing. biggrin.gif Especially, if they have enough money to get rid of their enemy. That´s so criminal...

That was a joke lol. I like conspiracy theories tongue.gif

I doubt Coldplay could bake a cake let alone steal a song. Or hire somebody biggrin.gif

It seems it's me against the world but we'll see when it comes to trial smile.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Dec 8 2008, 09:30 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Dec 8 2008, 09:30 PM
QUOTE (Canis @ Dec 8 2008, 09:01 PM) *
I'm with Joe on this one... If someone took one of my creations (even though they're not much to brag about at this time, really...) I would feel violated as well tongue.gif

I'd personally be honored, but then realise that it probably was a coincidence and move on. It's a shame Satriani did not do that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 8 2008, 09:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Dec 8 2008, 09:29 PM) *
That was a joke lol. I like conspiracy theories tongue.gif

I doubt Coldplay could bake a cake let alone steal a song.

Ok. laugh.gif
I think it´s easier to steal a song than to compose one. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Tolek: Dec 8 2008, 09:32 PM

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 8 2008, 09:36 PM
QUOTE (Tolek @ Dec 8 2008, 08:31 PM) *
Ok. laugh.gif
I think it´s easier to steal a song than to compose one. wink.gif

But is it easier than baking a cake biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Matt23
Dec 8 2008, 09:37 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Although if I do think it's wrong if Coldplay did deliberately copy Satriani's song, I still hope Satriani loses. I don't think Coldplay deliberately copied the song either because if they did they wouldn't have done it so blatently, they would have at least changed the key and the tempo a bit. I find quite a lot I can make up a song and then realise later it's something I heard recently.

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 8 2008, 09:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Dec 8 2008, 09:36 PM) *
But is it easier than baking a cake biggrin.gif

Buffoon. laugh.gif

Although if I do think it's wrong if Coldplay did deliberately copy Satriani's song, I still hope Satriani loses. I don't think Coldplay deliberately copied the song either because if they did they wouldn't have done it so blatently, they would have at least changed the key and the tempo a bit. I find quite a lot I can make up a song and then realise later it's something I heard recently.

That´s possible, but I still don´t want Satriani to lose. Maybe Coldplay had very bad luck when composing the song. smile.gif

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Dec 8 2008, 09:44 PM
Learning Apprentice Player

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
Iluha
Dec 8 2008, 09:45 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Dec 8 2008, 09:52 PM) *
I felt really hurt reading that lol. What an arse he is. So it is down to him. I knew it would be. What a scum bag.

Wonder if he'll cry in court laugh.gif

Man, just shut the hell up.

I don't mind you being upfront, I encourage it, but now you'r just acting like an idiot, think before you write something, and if what you want to write is hurtful, refrain yourself from click the "post reply" button.

About the article, glad to finally know more details about this, Satriani is known for giving alot of thought and feeling into his songs, so I 100% believe him when he says it took him 10 years to write it completly, and if I was in his position I would do the same thing and sue them.

Just think about it, in his eyes, it seems as if you were to draw the Mona Lisa and call it your own work.

This post has been edited by Iluha: Dec 8 2008, 09:54 PM

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
kjutte
Dec 8 2008, 09:52 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Dec 8 2008, 08:56 PM) *
No Satriani says they did. But he is a lying idiot. I hope he loses and has to pay all court costs. It'd be great. Hopefully he loses his house and life the whinging moron. This really annoys me. I hate people taking others to court over nothing.

What the F are you talking about man?
That's some retarded stuff you just said.

Of course he is pissed when someone rips off his song.
Satriani is a very emotional player, he is proud of his work, and has reason to be.
Coldplay shouldn't steal other's ideas, and especially not to profit off.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 8 2008, 09:53 PM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Dec 8 2008, 08:45 PM) *
Man, just shut the hell up.

I don't mind you being upfront, I encourage it, but now you'r just acting like an idiot, think before you write something, and if what you want to write is hurtful, refrain yourself from click the "post reply" button.

It was aimed at Satriani not you. Sorry if you got the wrong impression.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 8 2008, 09:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Dec 8 2008, 09:44 PM) *

OMG. huh.gif These two songs have big similarties but are not the same. I think the thing with "If I could fly" and "Viva la Vida" is obvious.
Look: everybody know the popular I-IV-V progression. There is an uncountable number of songs using that progression and only some of them are similar. Take for instance "La Bamba" (C-F-G = I-IV-V) and "Sonate L 430" by Scarlatti which is a classical piece (E-A-B = I-IV-V). Both share the same progression but are so different. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Iluha
Dec 8 2008, 09:57 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Dec 8 2008, 10:53 PM) *
It was aimed at Satriani not you. Sorry if you got the wrong impression.

I didn't get the wrong impression, you shouldn't post any hurtful posts about musicians, just like I don't go around posting hate posts about "The Killers" or other bands I may not like.

Fact is you have no idea how he feels, you have no way of knowing it, suing them is his choice, and you don't have to agree with it, but you can't diss him about it, that's not democracy, that's idiocracy.

If you really feel the urge to post such hateful posts, than please go to Ultimate-Guitar.com or any other free forum, and post you'r thoughts there, this is a forum which I don't expect to read such things in.

This post has been edited by Iluha: Dec 8 2008, 09:59 PM

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Duncan
Dec 8 2008, 09:59 PM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Dec 8 2008, 08:57 PM) *
Fact is you have no idea how he feels, you have no way of knowing it, suing them is his choice, and you don't have to agree with it, but you can't diss him about it, that's not democracy, that's idiocracy.

With that argument you're pretty much dismissing anyone who is on Satch's side as well. No one has a way of knowing what Satriani is feeling so OC could be right.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 8 2008, 10:01 PM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Dec 8 2008, 08:57 PM) *
I didn't get the wrong impression, you shouldn't post any hurtful posts about musicians, just like I don't go around posting hate posts about "The Killers" or other bands I may not like.

If you really feel the urge to post such hateful posts, than please go to Ultimate-Guitar.com or any other free forum, and post you'r thoughts there, this is a forum which I don't expect to read such things in.

If he got emails when the song came out in May 2008 why did he wait till December 08 to file complaints? I don't expect to read hateful comments towards me from you but I am doing. I'm just saying my opinion. If you can't live with my opinion then I think you need to be elsewhere. Everybody has there own thoughts and feelings. Just because mine don't echo yours doesn't mean I am wrong.

I'm being hurtful to him because this is very suspect. VERY VERY Suspect. I'm not saying anything about his music even though I'm not a fan of his music or Coldplay so I feel I offer a neutral view.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Dec 8 2008, 10:03 PM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:40 PM