Don't Cry Solo, GNR
maharzan
Jan 15 2012, 07:09 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
So, I just woke up and was thinking of doing solo of one of the first songs I learnt back in school - Stairway to heaven. And then I was searching on YouTube for backing tracks and browsing videos landed me to various other songs. At the end, it was Don't Cry solo. I was practically able to do this song back in school as it was much easier so I thought I would give it a try. So, practiced for about 10 times, almost forgot and had to look up for tabs and recorded with my iPhone camera. I realized the bends are not accurate but well, I was excited to put it out there. Classic is Classic! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jan 15 2012, 10:41 AM
Tone Seeker
What can I say...That was flawless !

cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 15 2012, 12:37 PM
Instructor
Well, this sounds great, after 10 minutes of work, I must say you owned it smile.gif Sure, bends could be more swifter, but hey, it's not bad at all.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 15 2012, 04:25 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks WeePee and Ivan. I will practice more before I post my next cover.. I really want to cover stairway to heaven after so many years. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 15 2012, 10:56 PM
Instructor
Great cover smile.gif! a few escaped bending notes but it's negligible smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mR_mInD
Jan 16 2012, 02:35 PM
GMC:er
Cool !!! ^^

--------------------
Playing my guitar it`s not a hobby, it´s a LifeStyle!!

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 16 2012, 05:20 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks Guys. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jan 16 2012, 08:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jan 15 2012, 06:09 AM) *
So, I just woke up and was thinking of doing solo of one of the first songs I learnt back in school - Stairway to heaven. And then I was searching on YouTube for backing tracks and browsing videos landed me to various other songs. At the end, it was Don't Cry solo. I was practically able to do this song back in school as it was much easier so I thought I would give it a try. So, practiced for about 10 times, almost forgot and had to look up for tabs and recorded with my iPhone camera. I realized the bends are not accurate but well, I was excited to put it out there. Classic is Classic! smile.gif

Sounds very nice!!! Good job!!!!

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Jan 16 2012, 08:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
Almost perfect. huh.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 17 2012, 12:43 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thank you both. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 17 2012, 02:56 AM
Instructor
What a great solo!! Slash has composed some of the greatest Rock solos ever!! Your take is really good but there are some bends that sound a bit out of pitch... Slash trick is bending slowly until he reaches the correct pitch.... If you play using this trick you'll sound even more like Slash.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:21 PM