Guitar Rig 5 Problem
Anders Karlsson
Dec 29 2016, 08:19 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Hi there, have some problems with our new laptop. Just bought it and when installing Guitar Rig5, Reaper and Asio4all it´s crashing, bugging and after some minutes the sound turns to some robotic sound.

I dont know but it seems that Guitar rig demands strong computers. This isnt the strongest but imho its should work on this one.

Specs:
Intel i5 7200
8 Gb ram
256 GB SSD

Audio: Scarlett 2i2.

Does anyone here having problem with this software or how did you adjust your settings?

In preferences I use Asio4all and selecting Focusrite 2i2 as input/output. This should be right? Buffer is now on 512 is that to high or to low?

I appriciate all help
Regards Anders

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Anders Karlsson: Dec 29 2016, 10:14 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 29 2016, 08:34 PM
Learning Roadie
i have work with onto an old centrino 1Ghz laptop, with Firewire FA66 or internal audio and ASIO4ALL

focusrite do not have is own ASIO drivers ????

using ASIO4ALL is an error in this case, maybe the origin of yoiur issue

Cheers

Laurent

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Anders Karlsson
Dec 29 2016, 08:38 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Hmm, could it be so. Should I just chose ASIO for focusrite and unistall ASIO4all? Thx for helping Laurent.

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Dec 29 2016, 08:34 PM) *
i have work with onto an old centrino 1Ghz laptop, with Firewire FA66 or internal audio and ASIO4ALL

focusrite do not have is own ASIO drivers ????

using ASIO4ALL is an error in this case, maybe the origin of yoiur issue

Cheers

Laurent

This post has been edited by Anders Karlsson: Dec 29 2016, 08:46 PM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 29 2016, 08:53 PM
GMC:er
Yeah probably whenever you load reaper, asio4all bypasses the focusrite asio and this causes malfunctioning.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 29 2016, 09:43 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
All I can say is I use asio4all V2 with my Focusrite in Reaper and don't have a problem but I'm not using any plugins. I hope this helps eliminate something.

smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Dec 29 2016, 09:53 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Anders Karlsson
Dec 30 2016, 08:11 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Well I dont think Reaper is the weak point here, probably Guitar Rig 5. I´ll reinstall it and see if I can get rid of this problem. Which buffer siza are you using?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 2 2017, 02:43 AM
Does it work ok if you just us GUITAR RIG as a stand alone processor? It will run without a DAW just so you can test it and smile.gif The system requirements are also listed on the main web site. If your system meets the minimum requirements, the software should run quite well smile.gif Can you make some recordings for us?

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 2 2017, 02:44 AM

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jan 2 2017, 11:55 AM
Learning Roadie
after some minutes the sound turns to some robotic sound.

I have your solution !!!!!!!!

I have experimented this weird experience when i have switch to my actual workstation (HP Zserie) while recording my guitar

it was because of the SSD, i had a lot of cracks and glitches , i have change the windows /temp dir to a real HDD and zap, it work again !

hope this help

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Anders Karlsson
Jan 3 2017, 06:37 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Hi again, thx for helping. Yesterday i downloaded new drivers to my Focusrite and after that it began to sound better. The robotic sound doesn´t occurs any more. I´ll try to find the spot of delay and sound. Which buffer size should I use, the smaller the better??

Regards
//Anders

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 3 2017, 08:00 PM
QUOTE (Anders Karlsson @ Jan 3 2017, 05:37 PM) *
Hi again, thx for helping. Yesterday i downloaded new drivers to my Focusrite and after that it began to sound better. The robotic sound doesn´t occurs any more. I´ll try to find the spot of delay and sound. Which buffer size should I use, the smaller the better??

Regards
//Anders

Cool, smaller is less latency and higher is safer for any kind of error. Try using as less as possible with the sound you like

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 5 2017, 08:30 AM
Yup smile.gif The smaller the better in that smaller means less time between hitting the string and hearing the vst/fx/etc. However, if you push it to far, you may start to hear odd things. So start with it high and see how far down you can push it before you starting hearing odd stuff.

Todd

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 3 2017, 03:00 PM) *
Cool, smaller is less latency and higher is safer for any kind of error. Try using as less as possible with the sound you like

+Quote Post
Anders Karlsson
Jan 21 2017, 05:55 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 5 2017, 08:30 AM) *
Yup smile.gif The smaller the better in that smaller means less time between hitting the string and hearing the vst/fx/etc. However, if you push it to far, you may start to hear odd things. So start with it high and see how far down you can push it before you starting hearing odd stuff.

Todd

Just saw your reply... I´ve solved the problem. At the moment Im using 200 and it´s working prefectly fine. Im about to buy some new gear (amp, predals etcetera), but I´m not updated in this topic and could really use some help:)

Cheers boys and girls:)

This post has been edited by Anders Karlsson: Jan 21 2017, 05:55 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 22 2017, 08:16 AM
amp budget?

QUOTE (Anders Karlsson @ Jan 21 2017, 12:55 PM) *
Just saw your reply... I´ve solved the problem. At the moment Im using 200 and it´s working prefectly fine. Im about to buy some new gear (amp, predals etcetera), but I´m not updated in this topic and could really use some help:)

Cheers boys and girls:)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:35 PM