Strange Way To Practice
Raph
Nov 7 2009, 03:41 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys, I was reading a guitar book when I stumbled on this practice routine which is unlike any I have seen before. Check it out.

Make a long list of goals and pick two or three that you will practice for a month.

Maybe one month will be 1 hr picking, 1 hr jazz phrasing and 1 hr learning EVH's EPs.

Change around every month.

Keep doing that so your routine will be fresh and you will have something different to do every month.

Enjoy!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Raph: Nov 7 2009, 03:41 PM

--------------------
Yesterday my fastest speed was 300 bpm - on a whole note exercise.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 7 2009, 06:55 PM
Instructor
Yeah, well changing what you practice is very important, it gets the player motivated with fresh stuff. Not only this, but sometimes you need a brake from scale exercises, so you do some chords as a "rest" in the session. Then you continue with the "hard work" biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 7 2009, 07:45 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well it sounds like a nice practice plan. Making your goals list is very important and also picking doable goals is important too - to motivate you and lead you step by step in your progress. Maybe you can try practicing that way for a month to see how it works for you.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Iluha
Nov 7 2009, 08:13 PM
Most important thing is to find the right practicing routine for you.. there's many methods, try some and go with what works for you.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Nov 8 2009, 04:15 AM
That sounds me like "Make your own routine, you won't find any secrets or helpful info in this book". Hahaha

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Nov 8 2009, 11:04 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
There is nothing wrong with changing your practice routine from time to time, actually it is a good thing. If you only focus on one thing you will get fed up with practicing it after a while, it is better to switch to a different topic, and return with a fresh mind later.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:08 PM