Iron Maiden Collaboration, FINAL MIX & COMMENTS
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 13 2009, 10:43 PM
Instructor
Original thread: Iron Maiden Collaboration
Number of participants: 9

NEW MIX!! (20th august) Attached File  Maiden_Collab_Final_Mix_2.mp3 ( 12.3MB ) Number of downloads: 276

Hi there! This is the final mix and comments thread for the Iron Maiden Collaboration! First I would like to say thanks for all the participants! There are many inspiring ideas in you solos! The overall is very good… and I can say that I would do lessons based on some of your entries!

As we didn't have enough "video" entries I won't the video here but I'll do it in my personal board.

Ok, let's start with the comments.

Canis: (00:02 to 00:45)
The first part sounds good. The melody is very Maidenish and if you would have added an harmonized guitar it could be a song from their latest albums! The solo starts very good but you play some notes out of scale after 00:26. It seams like if you play some notes from G minor Aeolian over E minor key. Maybe you felt confused with the first modulation… The playing is well; you only need to work a bit on timing and vibrato.
Keep on rocking!

Marek: (00:46 to 01:29)
We have an amazing Maidenish melody at the beginning. I really like it this. Then the solo sound a bit strange. If we analyze the note that you choose we find many tensions (notes that don't belong to the chord that is sounding). This makes you solo sound a bit weird… not out of scale but more like a jazz player playing metal. This makes your solo sound original but maybe a bit out of style. I'm not saying this as a bad thing; I just wanted to comment it. Is this your idea? The last part sounds interesting and once again very original. Well done!

Kepler (01:29 to 02:13)
Your take is really good! I like the evolution of your composition. Everything sounds on pitch and the apparition of the harmonized guitars is just perfect. The last part when you change the rhythm playing short notes with silence between them is a really good idea and functions very well there. Congrats of your creativity and great playing!

Dexxter (02:13 to 02:56)
Killer!! You have the Maiden style very incorporated in your playing! This really sounds like something composed by Maiden. The harmonized guitars at the beginning and the end of the take sound like the duet Murray/Smith. The solo sounds in the style of Adrian Smith. I can hear many of his rocker licks there. Everything is very well played. Keep on the great job man and we'll have great news from your music career!

Sensible Jones (02:57 to 03:40)
Your composition is really good and it sounds very in the style! It's a pity that the take has important timing problems. Isn't it a latency problem with your soundcard? Te melodies and solos are in scale and your technique is good. If this is a technical problem you need to work on your timing.

Audiopaal (03:40 to 04:25)
Nice tone and playing Paal! The overall playing is very good. I only think tat your take need a bit more of expression. Maybe if you add a stronger vibrato and some rocker bending everything would sound even more interesting. Btw the takes sounds really nice but more like a Vinnie Moore melodic solo… and this isn't a bad ting eh!

Kaznie (04:26 to 05:10)
Nice take Kaznie! The first melody is fantastic for me. It sounds like "mysterious" and reminds me to Marty Friedman's solo albums. The solo is also interesting and sounds very Maidenish. It only needs a bit of adjustment in the fastest section but the rest is very good. I'm not completely convinced of te last melody. In the last melodies there are some notes that function as tensions at the moment that you are playing them and it doesn't sound like Maiden.. but maybe it sounds like Kaznie… who knows… Great job man!

Chris Evans: (05:10 to 05:50)
THIS is Maiden! You harmonized melodies (the first and the last ones) could be found in some of the best Maiden songs! I love these melodies! The harmonisations are very well composed. Te first one is more in the style of "hallowed be thy name" and the last one reminds me to Powerslave album. Te solo is also really good! I would like to analize it because it has been composed very well. It has 4 different moments where you explore different Maidenish licks. The first one is a fast passage in the style of Murray. The second one is repetitive lick alla Adrian Smith. Then we have an amazing lick playing pull offs with open strings notes (like the intro of Wasted Years). And finally another repetitive lick which sounds really original to me. Congrats Chris!

Botox Fox: (05:51 to 06:36)
Amazing take! You decided to use all the first part as a solo part and the last part as the harmonized melodies section. It is a very good idea. You used many interesting licks and the overall sounds very very Maidenish! There are some little timing problems in some licks in the beginning but the overall sounds very well played and at a great level! The last melodies sound very nice. The first one is more Maidenish and the second part remembers me to Racer X or Cacophony. I like your tone and creativity. Congrats on your playing! Keep on rocking!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Aug 20 2009, 06:48 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Maiden_Collab_Final_Mix.mp3 ( 9.78MB ) Number of downloads: 325

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Gabriel Leopardi   Iron Maiden Collaboration   Aug 13 2009, 10:43 PM
- - TheKeplerConjecture   This came out cool! Thanks for the comment Ga...   Aug 14 2009, 06:25 AM
- - Marek Rojewski   Great takes guys, not a single bad one for me...   Aug 14 2009, 07:57 AM
- - Chris Evans   Hi Gabe, are you doing a seperate mix with the vid...   Aug 14 2009, 08:56 AM
- - Dexxter   QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 13 2009, 11...   Aug 14 2009, 10:31 AM
- - Sensible Jones   QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 13 2009, 10...   Aug 14 2009, 11:11 AM
- - kaznie_NL   QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 13 2009, 11...   Aug 14 2009, 04:30 PM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   Thank you guys for your cool entries! I'm ...   Aug 14 2009, 06:34 PM
- - Ivan Milenkovic   Great job Gabe putting this collab together, and g...   Aug 14 2009, 11:00 PM
- - Chris Evans   QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 14 2009, 06...   Aug 14 2009, 11:47 PM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Aug 14 2009, 08:47 P...   Aug 20 2009, 06:49 PM
nnn
- - Fran   Amazing takes guys, it really sounds like Maiden, ...   Aug 16 2009, 04:03 PM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Aug 14 2009, 08:47 P...   Aug 16 2009, 08:30 PM
- - audiopaal   Thanks Gabe Great collab and comments! I don...   Aug 16 2009, 09:55 PM
- - TheKeplerConjecture   Chris.... Your take is amazing. I hadn't hear...   Aug 20 2009, 07:37 PM
- - Chris Evans   QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 20 2009, 06...   Aug 20 2009, 09:32 PM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Aug 20 2009, 06:32 P...   Aug 27 2009, 07:35 PM
nnn
- - Lian Gerbino   awesome work you´ve done here guys! congrats ...   Aug 27 2009, 07:39 PM
- - Chris Evans   QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 27 2009, 07...   Aug 27 2009, 08:10 PM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Aug 27 2009, 04:39 ...   Aug 28 2009, 05:31 AM
- - Farmer Joe   Very nice collab! I really enjoyed listening t...   Aug 31 2009, 02:34 AM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:14 PM