Dead Strings...the Enemy
fatstrat
Apr 18 2007, 01:27 AM
GMC:er
What can I do to improve upon not hitting dead strings when I'm trying to pick up the pace on a solo or fast scale work? PLEASE HELP!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:

Guitars: Guild D-55, Taylor 110-E, 1992 Epiphone Sheraton II (JB neck and '59 bridge), PRS SE singlecut (SD Alnico II neck and Gibby Bustbucker Pro bridge)

Amps: Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25

Effects: Boss DD-7, BD-2, and Dunlop CryBaby
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 18 2007, 01:31 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
A good thing i do is try to minimize wrist movement.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
fatstrat
Apr 18 2007, 01:34 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Apr 17 2007, 08:31 PM) *
A good thing i do is try to minimize wrist movement.

Yea I hear ya there, I can sometimes get a little carried away with sweeping the strings to get that effect, but I'll start incorporating minimal wrist movement in my playing to keep the dead strings from coming up. I appreciate the help!

--------------------
My Gear:

Guitars: Guild D-55, Taylor 110-E, 1992 Epiphone Sheraton II (JB neck and '59 bridge), PRS SE singlecut (SD Alnico II neck and Gibby Bustbucker Pro bridge)

Amps: Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25

Effects: Boss DD-7, BD-2, and Dunlop CryBaby

+Quote Post
Ryan
Apr 20 2007, 04:28 AM
What are dead strings?......

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:40 PM