Keep On Dying, Sketch recording
Iluha
Aug 24 2008, 02:22 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys, I was hoping you could take a listen to this song I composed for my band, and the singer wrote the lyrics.

The thing I want to know most, is if you recognise the first half of the solo from somewhere(the second half is rubbish right now)?

Thanks guys smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Keep_On_Dying_Sketch__Vocals_and_Bass_.mp3 ( 5.42MB ) Number of downloads: 262

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 24 2008, 02:31 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hey Iluha, very good song you got there..I like the bass line its very strong , doing a really good job.Verses are very good , and chorus somehow doesn't sound so strong (and cool) to me (because of guitar riff I guess - descending notes part) in comparison to verses...But Its just a first listen impression.I don't recognize the solo smile.gif Good job overall on the song mate!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Aug 24 2008, 02:31 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Iluha
Aug 24 2008, 02:54 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Aug 24 2008, 03:31 PM) *
Hey Iluha, very good song you got there..I like the bass line its very strong , doing a really good job.Verses are very good , and chorus somehow doesn't sound so strong (and cool) to me (because of guitar riff I guess - descending notes part) in comparison to verses...But Its just a first listen impression.I don't recognize the solo smile.gif Good job overall on the song mate!

Thanks man, the chorus doesn't so strong mostly because of the sound, and I probably need to develop the riff a bit, just adding more slight bends should do the trick

Thanks for listening man smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iluha
Aug 25 2008, 06:47 PM
From the leck of downloads and responses, I take it as a hint you think it sucks? tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 26 2008, 12:57 PM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Aug 24 2008, 03:54 PM) *
Thanks man, the chorus doesn't so strong mostly because of the sound, and I probably need to develop the riff a bit, just adding more slight bends should do the trick

Thanks for listening man smile.gif

Yeah bends and more expression should give it a nice twist..First part of the chorus riff is pretty good , but the second one is a little too predictable to me (answer part of the second repetition of the riff)..Add as much expressive effects (bends , vibrato , slides, hammer on etc) to make it more enhanced smile.gif

Your singer has a very good voice , and bass in verses really works well for the song smile.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Aug 26 2008, 01:00 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iluha
Aug 26 2008, 01:14 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Aug 26 2008, 01:57 PM) *
Yeah bends and more expression should give it a nice twist..First part of the chorus riff is pretty good , but the second one is a little too predictable to me (answer part of the second repetition of the riff)..Add as much expressive effects (bends , vibrato , slides, hammer on etc) to make it more enhanced smile.gif

Your singer has a very good voice , and bass in verses really works well for the song smile.gif

He does? Oo
I think he has potential, and if he would practice than he could probably sing well, but right now his singing is very limited..

I already changed the chorus riff a bit, sound better now, and with real drums it sounds much more full too, I would upload the recording from our rehersal on sunday, but you can hardly hear the guitar there except for the solo, and the bassist messed up most of the bassline(it's cool, only he's first day playing it)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 26 2008, 01:34 PM
Well he has a nice voice color that I meant...And signing type in verses suits him much better like the one in chorus..You should not force him and do lines which he can't execute well just adapt the song/vocal line.. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Aug 26 2008, 01:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iluha
Aug 26 2008, 01:41 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Aug 26 2008, 02:34 PM) *
Well he has a nice voice color that I meant...And signing type in verses suits him much better like the one in chorus..You should not force him and do lines which he can't execute well just adapt the song/vocal line.. smile.gif

Im not forcing him anything... im allways leaving the singing melody construction to him.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 26 2008, 01:46 PM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Aug 26 2008, 02:41 PM) *
Im not forcing him anything... im allways leaving the singing melody construction to him.

Of course I'm sorry I didn't express myself properly..What I meant is that singing melody should not be forced in doing something singer can't do.If it means that the music has to be change ok...You should talk with the singer about making the vocal line more suitable for his voice and ability...Even really simple vocal line yet well executed will sound much much better then the complicated poorly executed one...I don't think there is point in trying to sing out of your ability and range..Maybe in time it can be achieved to sound good but thats a long run..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iluha
Aug 26 2008, 02:08 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Aug 26 2008, 02:46 PM) *
Of course I'm sorry I didn't express myself properly..What I meant is that singing melody should not be forced in doing something singer can't do.If it means that the music has to be change ok...You should talk with the singer about making the vocal line more suitable for his voice and ability...Even really simple vocal line yet well executed will sound much much better then the complicated poorly executed one...I don't think there is point in trying to sing out of your ability and range..Maybe in time it can be achieved to sound good but thats a long run..

The verse melody is defintly in his skillrange, he just needs to practice, the chorus, I don't really like the current melody he's singing there, and also I don't think it suits his voice, I told him about it yesterday, he said he will come up with something better by the end of the week, I hope he does =p

Anyways, the thing I like mostly about my vocalist, is his attitude, he's got high self confidence and good stage presence, for example, in my first gig, we were the 4th band to go up, Jonathan(My singer) came to watch us play.
So anyway, during the first band's gig, suddenly the entire electricity fell, and at some point onlky the lights came on but the sound system was still down.
So being a drummer, he took intiative, went on stage and gave a drum solo, which cause the other drums to come after him and also solo, until the system went back online.

That's why I wanted him in my band, we need those big b***s of his =p

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 26 2008, 02:20 PM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Aug 26 2008, 03:08 PM) *
The verse melody is defintly in his skillrange, he just needs to practice, the chorus, I don't really like the current melody he's singing there, and also I don't think it suits his voice, I told him about it yesterday, he said he will come up with something better by the end of the week, I hope he does =p

Anyways, the thing I like mostly about my vocalist, is his attitude, he's got high self confidence and good stage presence, for example, in my first gig, we were the 4th band to go up, Jonathan(My singer) came to watch us play.
So anyway, during the first band's gig, suddenly the entire electricity fell, and at some point onlky the lights came on but the sound system was still down.
So being a drummer, he took intiative, went on stage and gave a drum solo, which cause the other drums to come after him and also solo, until the system went back online.

That's why I wanted him in my band, we need those big b***s of his =p

Of course mate , thats a good choice! Vocalist have to be a good front man besides singing..So its all good, you made a right choice..My recommendation would be to always make good simple lines which he can execute perfectly so no one can't tell anything about his singing skill either! Work with him on lines if its needed...Audience will dig catchy lines smile.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Aug 26 2008, 02:20 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Aug 26 2008, 02:32 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Very nice song Ilia. I didn't like the chorus either. I didn't recognize the solo but I guess it is from one of your collabs. Nice work.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Iluha
Aug 26 2008, 02:33 PM
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Aug 26 2008, 03:32 PM) *
Very nice song Ilia. I didn't like the chorus either. I didn't recognize the solo but I guess it is from one of your collabs. Nice work.

It's not from one of my collabs tongue.gif... I thought of it especially for this song, I just wanted to check that I didn't steal it from somewhere.

Thanks man smile.gif

This post has been edited by Iluha: Aug 26 2008, 02:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:24 AM