6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Eddie Van Halen - Gmc Tribute Collab
Phil66
Oct 12 2020, 09:04 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 12 2020, 06:47 PM) *
Cool take Phil and Ben!!! PHIL, gabe is just saying that a "big finish" is a good way to wrap up a solo. He's right of course smile.gif You can use any technique you want. E.G. Add a harmony, do a tapping bit, etc. So that the solo "builds" to a crescendo. I sometimes use a burst of speed, or pinch harmonic, etc. at the end as a sort of exclamation point, as it were, at the end of a musical sentence smile.gif

Todd

Thanks Todd,

I've been thinking of using the whammy pedal. I want to do much more than what I do here but this is an idea. It was very rushed as I had to speak to my insurance for over an hour about that accident I had,

https://youtu.be/z1vxyhSEhLM

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 12 2020, 09:33 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 12 2020, 09:59 PM
GMC:er
Better!! smile.gif It builds to the ending which is a good idea in a solo. Also, as this is an EVH tribute, a bit of tapping does seem appropriate smile.gif The first blues/box pattern you play, can you wag the vibrato a pinch more? I'm not sure if this will work given your recent issues that made playing or raising your arms difficult. I'd just like to see more drama in the vibrato, EVH often made use of exaggerated vibrato, so it seems fitting smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 12 2020, 04:04 PM) *
Thanks Todd,

I've been thinking of using the whammy pedal. I want to do much more than what I do here but this is an idea. It was very rushed as I had to speak to my insurance for over an hour about that accident I had,

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 12 2020, 10:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Oct 12 2020, 04:05 PM) *
Hi,

This is my first time joining a Collab,

I am planning on recording a video also, but this take is just to get some advice.

Hi Victor! Congrats on your first collab!!! smile.gif

I can say that this is a cool solo! I don't notice things to improve here. Everything sounds good here. If you ask me, my less favorite parts are:

- 00:14 : It sounds a bit out of tune or dissonant here. I would make a variation there to give the phrases a different ending compared to the previous one in the lower octave.
- 00:21: It's cool to add a bend there but I would try another note.
- 00:24: I also think that the note choices here are note the best one.

The key is that you try to use mostly E minor pentatonic instead or E minor during the riffing section.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 12 2020, 05:04 PM) *
Thanks Todd,

Awesome! I like it much more now with that ending! One question, did you add those black lines to your guitar for this collab?? ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Oct 12 2020, 10:37 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 13 2020, 07:28 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 12 2020, 09:59 PM) *
Better!! smile.gif It builds to the ending which is a good idea in a solo. Also, as this is an EVH tribute, a bit of tapping does seem appropriate smile.gif The first blues/box pattern you play, can you wag the vibrato a pinch more? I'm not sure if this will work given your recent issues that made playing or raising your arms difficult. I'd just like to see more drama in the vibrato, EVH often made use of exaggerated vibrato, so it seems fitting smile.gif

Thanks Todd,

Yeah I need to work on my wide vibrato, not just the technique but also re-strengthening the muscles that do it. I've always struggled with wide vibrato and it's that bit more difficult now. One of the things is that it never feels like there is enough time to fit it in if that makes sense.

Cheers

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 12 2020, 10:30 PM) *
Awesome! I like it much more now with that ending! One question, did you add those black lines to your guitar for this collab?? ohmy.gif

Thanks Gab,

Yeah I added those lines purely for the collab, it came out quite well I think considering it only took five minutes smile.gif

Cheers.

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 13 2020, 10:29 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi

Here my rec, I'm proud to play with shredders.
I got a lot of fun with this one

I thought to allow the download this time smile.gif

Guitar only - Part 1

Guitar only - Part 2

Guitar Mix - Part 1

Guitar Mix - Part 2

This post has been edited by MisterM: Oct 13 2020, 10:50 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 13 2020, 01:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 13 2020, 03:28 AM) *
Thanks Gab,

Yeah I added those lines purely for the collab, it came out quite well I think considering it only took five minutes smile.gif

Cheers.

Phil

You ROCK! Love how your guitar looks! Thanks a lot!! smile.gif

QUOTE (MisterM @ Oct 13 2020, 06:29 AM) *
Hi

Here my rec, I'm proud to play with shredders.
I got a lot of fun with this one

I thought to allow the download this time smile.gif

Wou!! Those are killer solos MisterM!! It's cool to see how all your hard work with GMC collabs is showing killer improvements in your own solos. Congrats and thanks!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Oct 13 2020, 06:21 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

Thank you Gabriel for the feedback.

I tried another take.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  EVH__Victor_Guitar_Only__Take_2.mp3 ( 804.9K ) Number of downloads: 80
Attached File  EVH__Victor_Mix__Take_2.mp3 ( 804.9K ) Number of downloads: 82

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 13 2020, 07:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Oct 13 2020, 02:21 PM) *
Hi,

Thank you Gabriel for the feedback.

I tried another take.

Nice! Much better! The only issue that I hear here is the note at 00:36, which is C while A major is sounding in the backing. The correct note there would be C# that is part of the chord (it's major third). The minor third sounds out.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 13 2020, 09:01 PM
Okay, this is going to have to be my final take, I've worn out my tapping finger on my right hand, it's not used to doing so much laugh.gif

I can give it another go if you really want to, excuse the mad face towards the end tongue.gif

By the way, nice take MisterM.

https://youtu.be/039R473JTrc

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/evh-october-2020-final-take-mix

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/evh-october-2020-final-take-guitar-only

Attached File  EVH_October_2020_Final_take_guitar_only.mp3 ( 881.63K ) Number of downloads: 103

This post has been edited by Phil66: Nov 6 2020, 09:24 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Oct 14 2020, 12:07 PM
Learning Roadie
I was planning on re-joining the collabs gang, but I'm staying clear of this one biggrin.gif

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 14 2020, 12:13 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Oct 14 2020, 01:07 PM) *
I was planning on re-joining the collabs gang, but I'm staying clear of this one biggrin.gif

You can do it mate! There is no need to go fancy, Eddie also had a super melodic side. Jam around and see if you can come up with something that sounds like it could be sung - then you know you have a good melodic lead going.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 14 2020, 12:33 PM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Oct 14 2020, 12:07 PM) *

Come on buddy have a go, if I can do it you certainly can.

Go on pwetty pwease smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 14 2020, 02:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Oct 14 2020, 08:07 AM) *

Add your own style here! It would be GREAT! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Oct 14 2020, 08:46 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

This is my take.

Let me know if it's ok.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  EVH___Victor_Guitar.mp3 ( 804.9K ) Number of downloads: 81
Attached File  EVH___Victor_Mix.mp3 ( 804.9K ) Number of downloads: 84

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 14 2020, 11:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 13 2020, 05:01 PM) *
Okay, this is going to have to be my final take, I've worn out my tapping finger on my right hand, it's not used to doing so much laugh.gif

I can give it another go if you really want to, excuse the mad face towards the end tongue.gif

By the way, nice take MisterM.

https://youtu.be/039R473JTrc

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/evh-october-2020-final-take-mix

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/evh-october-2020-final-take-guitar

hehehe great one Phil!!! I love that Dime style ending!! Thanks a lot for you take my friend!

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Oct 14 2020, 04:46 PM) *
Hi,

This is my take.

Let me know if it's ok.

Excellent!! You fixed that note!! This sounds epic Victor!! I'm so happy. This collab will be a monster one! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 21 2020, 06:26 PM
GMC Founder
Any more takes? 🤗

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 21 2020, 06:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 21 2020, 02:26 PM) *
Any more takes? 🤗

I'm working on mine!!! biggrin.gif

Who else is working? 5 days to deadline!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 22 2020, 02:21 AM
GMC:er
Working on mine too! smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 21 2020, 01:59 PM) *
I'm working on mine!!! biggrin.gif

Who else is working? 5 days to deadline!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 22 2020, 02:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 21 2020, 10:21 PM) *
Working on mine too! smile.gif

Cool!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Oct 22 2020, 05:22 PM
Learning Tone Master
Apologies for being late to the Eddie tribute.
Here is my take on the ballad backing track.
Can't wait to hear how everyone played!

This post has been edited by Steve Gilfield: Oct 22 2020, 05:23 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  EVH__guitars_only_.wav ( 6.44MB ) Number of downloads: 101
Attached File  EVH__mix_.wav ( 6.44MB ) Number of downloads: 105

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:47 PM