How Much Does Taylor Swift, Get from her Tour?
Jim S.
Feb 9 2015, 01:16 AM
Learning Rock Star
My wife and kid and going with 4 other people to her concert and its around $1100 for all 6 people. Lindsay asked me how I thought she made and I'm curious too.

How much from each $175 ticket does she get? Whatever the amount, a packed stadium in very day would be enormous revenue.

Any thoughts?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
klasaine
Feb 9 2015, 03:58 AM
GMC:er
Her last tour grossed just over $150 million.
How much she personally gets is dependent on literally dozens if not a hundred variables.
I will say, conservatively, 25% of the gross.

A few things to factor ...

1) management fees (artist pays these)
2) rec co take (they tend to pay the promo so they want a percentage of the gross)
3) how much does she pay her players, tech and crew (lights, makeup, wardrobe, pyro, etc.) - this can be huge and almost always comes out of the artists money
4) venues and transportation (buses, planes, equip truck, limos, vans, cabs) costs (many times split with rec co and/or sponsors)

So ultimately it depends on the contracts she signed. I'm sure she does just fine.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by klasaine: Feb 10 2015, 08:36 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:48 PM