3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
How Has Covid19 Impacted Your Life?
Phil66
Mar 22 2020, 11:00 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks but I'm still having to work, we've just bought a £40K machine on finance and wondering about payments, hopefully the government will stop all loan payments if we go into lockdown.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 23 2020, 08:45 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 22 2020, 11:05 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 22 2020, 09:35 PM) *
It's not like me but today I have been so full of anxiety I haven't been able to pick up my guitar. I sent a worker home last week with a sore throat, I know that's not one of the main symptoms but after speaking to a friend (I've not had contact with her) who is actually in isolation with the virus, hers started with a sore throat that she ignored. She's feeling better now but I'm really anxious, my stomach feels like a washing machine, I know most people will get over it and I shouldn't really be so worried but I can't get the feeling of impending doom out of my head.

Stay safe people.

I think you the did right thing, being precautious about your worker's condition.

I also have a very bad feeling about all of this. But usually when we are confronted with something unknown and frightening we have a tendency to get much more scared than what is motivated. I think we all should do everything within our power to fight the virus - while also realising that at some point this will be over. By then I also hope we will have reached important new insights to take better care of ourselves and the planet in the future.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 22 2020, 11:11 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 22 2020, 10:00 PM) *
Thanks but I'm still having to work, we've just bought a £40 come on finance and wondering about payments, going the government will stop all loan payments if we go into lockdown.

My guess is worst case they'll hype the inflation which in return (in time) will make it even easier for payments, this was done by England after WW2 to re-build every building destroyed.

Working is ok and continue if you can, but be super careful not to get sick. The cleaning I'm doing when I have to go buy stuff is simply insane these days but must be done.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 23 2020, 02:44 AM
I saw some footage of this on the news. In England and in California here in the states, public parks are packed with bored kids and frustrated parents. For some reason it doesn't seem to be as much in the rest of the country here for some reason. Not sure why.

This morning 5 states were shut down here. By end of day it nearly doubled to 8 states. As of today the DMV (department of motor vehicles) is closed here in Georgia. Of all the things to close?

Folks are hoarding everything from toilet paper to guns. The entire thing is taking on a bit of a mad max vibe to be honest. I expect to see folks with guns guarding huge stashes of Toilet Paper and a black market being started for Charmin which is going to be more valuable than gold per ounce. The price gouging has already started online and ebay was the worst for a short time but now they forbid the sale of any corona related "supplies" on ebay as a matter of policy. I don't know if it will do much good. I never thought I'd see the day when black market toilet paper was a thing smile.gif

https://reason.com/2020/03/06/to-avoid-char...virus-supplies/

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 21 2020, 03:59 PM) *
What's crazy, the schools are shut and when you drive passed local parks, there are huge gatherings of kids, why aren't the parents keeping them in? FFS

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 23 2020, 07:03 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 23 2020, 01:44 AM) *
I never thought I'd see the day when black market toilet paper was a thing smile.gif

We have some food shortages here too but not as bad as USA yet. No one here bought toilet paper though, I think this reflex in USA comes from the coldwar years.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Mar 23 2020, 11:12 AM
Learning Tone Master
In Romania everything is closed, only the pharmacies, supermarkets, hypermarkets and small shops food are open. Most of companies are closed. The lucky people work remotely, others were were put into technical unemployment but unfortunately we also have a lot of people which remained without job.

Dan (my husband) work from home in this period and we love this thing very much. We have much more time for us and this is awesome. We spend time practicing (Dan beside drums, he started one year ago to play at bass), we watch movies, cook together and also we make some championships of Heroes 3 (my favorite game). smile.gif

Also starting from today we have a bunch of restrictions and we can't go outside without a solid reason and a paper from the authorities.
Unfortunately I need to go outside everyday because my mom needs help. She has cancer and also make dialysis 3 days/week. The center where she make dialysis send a driver to take her but I need to help my mom get dressed and take her to the car because she can't do this alone. The luck is that we moved her near us (when her health began to deteriorate) and from my home at her house, I make only 3 minutes.

I'm stressed because my mom it's very sick and her immune system it's completely down and this thing put her in the higher risk category. It's only been two months since we had to accept (and tell her the true) the fact that she only has a few more months to live and we can not do nothing to change this. But, even if the entire situation it hurts me and really poison me on the inside, for my mom and the rest of people which are around me I'm always happy and make jokes. I will always be the one who see the full part of the glass in any bad situation.
I keep my mom positive and because she writes poems and her biggest wish was to publish a book, I succeeded in one month to make this possible. I wrote hours/day and I convinced the publisher and the typography that I need this book to be done in maximum one month. Last week the book (200 pieces) was ready and my mom more than happy. smile.gif
Now due to restrictions from my country, we was forced to postpone the public launch. We hope nothing bad to happen with my mom and make all the things how we planned.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 23 2020, 11:55 AM
GMC Founder
Thanks for sharing the story about your mom Monica - I can sense how your strength spills over to your mom in the form of positive energy. How you published that book for her is just amazing ❤️

Stay strong - we will get through this together!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 23 2020, 08:48 PM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Mar 22 2020, 10:11 PM) *
My guess is worst case they'll hype the inflation which in return (in time) will make it even easier for payments, this was done by England after WW2 to re-build every building destroyed.

Working is ok and continue if you can, but be super careful not to get sick. The cleaning I'm doing when I have to go buy stuff is simply insane these days but must be done.

I feel much better today, the old black dog is nearly gone. I think you may need to read THIS again though as it was some bad typos on my tablet that I didn't spot wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 24 2020, 12:06 AM
Very sorry to hear about your Mom Monica. sad.gif I lost my own mother to cancer and I hate that this his happening to you. I'm glad you are able to help her and that you are finding some positives during all this with your husband. Thanks for sharing your story with us. We are all pulling for you!

Todd

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Mar 23 2020, 06:12 AM) *
In Romania everything is closed, only the pharmacies, supermarkets, hypermarkets and small shops food are open. Most of companies are closed. The lucky people work remotely, others were were put into technical unemployment but unfortunately we also have a lot of people which remained without job.

Dan (my husband) work from home in this period and we love this thing very much. We have much more time for us and this is awesome. We spend time practicing (Dan beside drums, he started one year ago to play at bass), we watch movies, cook

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 24 2020, 08:21 AM
Sorry I missed your post Monica, we have spoken about your mom recently, I send you my best wishes in this particularly hard time.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Mar 24 2020, 10:28 AM
Learning Tone Master
Kris, Todd and Phil - Thank you so much for your kind words and support. It means a lot to me. smile.gif

BTW, sorry if some of the things from my post was a little off topic. It wasn't my intention. I just wanted to share with you which are the restrictions from my country because of the corona virus, how I spend my time in "isolation", how I always try to keep and spread a positive thinking (but being aware of the real situation) and why my most concern is around the fact that my mom it's from the most vulnerably category. smile.gif

Overall I don't have a good feeling about what will come because of this virus. In the last 24 hours things really started to looks bad in my country and last evening the authorities taken some new measures which exceed my limit of acceptability.
They started to discharge the patients from all the hospitals (including private hospitals) and from the palliative centers. They prepare everything just for the people with corona virus. Each appointment for analyses, medical examinations were canceled on both free state and private. My mom appointment for the change of urinary stent (she has ileostomy) was also canceled and the doctor said that if we have luck, we can change this somewhere in May.

Last saturday, a bunch of stupid people were at walk in park, not respecting the rules about the social distance. Now the authorities send at home all the people which are in palliative centers and depend on pain killers to make room for the "smart" people which were outside, spreading the virus. How the hell is this fair?

My luck is that I have medicines for my mom for another 2 months. Also, our attitude of treating my mom like a normal person (not like a person which will die) and her always positive attitude, made doctors to love her very much and this is an advantage in this period when the doctors are not available. But if the things will change and my mom's pain will become stronger, I need the medicines which can be taken only from the palliative center.
But....even if I'm nervous of whats going on right now, I still thinking in a positive way. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 24 2020, 03:58 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Mar 24 2020, 10:28 AM) *
Last saturday, a bunch of stupid people were at walk in park, not respecting the rules about the social distance. Now the authorities send at home all the people which are in palliative centers and depend on pain killers to make room for the "smart" people which were outside, spreading the virus. How the hell is this fair?

Yes this is a major problem right now. This is causing governments all over the world enforce very strict laws.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 24 2020, 08:25 PM
The stupid people not following local laws are causing problems for everyone around them. I'm very sorry this has hit your family sad.gif This thing is still expanding and the numbers globally are going up every single day. I keep waiting for some sort of statement that we have reached a peak and are heading back down but sadly it looks like we have quite a ways to go before that happens. Meanwhile, people like your Mom and millions of others are having trouble getting basic medical treatment. It's entirely unfair and wrong.

Half of everyone that has this virus, got it from someone who didn't know they have it according to the top health pro we have here. So people without symptoms are walking around spreading it. Sadly we don't have a good handle on testing here as of yet so we really have no idea how many people are actually sick. Without "Universal Testing" we will never really know what our actual numbers of sick people are. South Korea is testing 10,000 per day in FREE drive thru test facilities and they email the results. Meanwhile, people in my country are still having trouble getting a test at all, assuming one is even available once it is prescribed by a doctor.

Our surgeon general says it's going to get much worse here in the next coming days. I already thought it was pretty bad, but evidently it's gonna get much worse here before it gets better.

In Spain they are having to use an ICE RINK as a temporary morgue as their regular facilities are over run. They have declared a curfew and are using police drones to enforce it. They have had the country wide lockdown extended by 3 weeks. Also, soldiers have found entire retirement homes abandoned with patients left alone in their beds.

quote name='Monica Gheorghevici' date='Mar 24 2020, 05:28 AM' post='775926']
Kris, Todd and Phil - Thank you so much for your kind words and support. It means a lot to me. smile.gif

BTW, sorry if some of the things from my post was a little off topic. It wasn't my intention. I just wanted to share with you which are the restrictions from my country because of the corona virus, how I spend my time in "isolation", how I always try to keep and spread a positive thinking (but being aware of the real situation) and why my most concern is around the fact that my mom it's from the most vulnerably category. smile.gif
[/quote]

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 24 2020, 08:26 PM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 24 2020, 09:10 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 24 2020, 07:25 PM) *
In Spain they are having to use an ICE RINK as a temporary morgue as their regular facilities are over run.

Last time we had to use the ice rinks was 20 years ago, an earthquake killed 50.000 people almost overnight. This shows how dire the situation is there sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Mar 24 2020, 09:30 PM
Learning Tone Master
they just shut all non essential businesses in my county ,down for 30 days,but

This is a time for hope .Faith in mankind .The glass is hale full .
None of these people ever take ingenuity into the picture
There are , the best minds , the best doctors , and yes the best pharmaceutical companies working on this
Take heart , take courage , relax and don't make matters worse ..

Don't borrow Trouble from tomorrow for today..No One is promised tomorrow

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 25 2020, 03:04 AM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Mar 24 2020, 01:30 PM) *
Don't borrow Trouble from tomorrow for today..No One is promised tomorrow

Good one.
I also like ... "Don't pay interest on a debt you may not owe".

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 25 2020, 07:51 AM
On a positive note, we are starting clinical/experimental trials on a wide variety of drugs and the entire world is focused on this one problem. We will survive this. I have no doubt. We will recover and our economy will recover. So take heart and know that the world is not ending. We will weather this storm as we have weathered every other storm so far. We just have to stay strong and look forward to the end of this.

I'm all for hope personally. I think it's the one thing we have left. I'm very hopeful that this is over as soon as possible. Best case it could just go way and go away very soon smile.gif Until then, we just have to keep going. It will probably get worse before it gets better from the look of things.

In Britain, Doctors are raising the red flag. The entire country is pretty much shut down and health experts are saying get ready for a huge increase in cases. Most disturbing is a big increase in patients in their 20s.

In Italy, the morgues in the north are full and so are the grave yards. People are having to drive coffins as far as needed to find a place to put them in the ground. They are rushing to build more hospitals etc.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 25 2020, 07:57 AM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 25 2020, 12:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Mar 23 2020, 10:12 AM) *
Also starting from today we have a bunch of restrictions and we can't go outside without a solid reason and a paper from the authorities.

That's what started today in Poland. Since now we had rather suggestions than restrictions. Now we also had to have a solid reason to go outside and we will be verified by police and maybe military ..who knows. My wife got a paper confirming she goes to work.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 25 2020, 12:46 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 25 2020, 06:51 AM) *
Most disturbing is a big increase in patients in their 20s.

They were the ones taking the least notice of guidelines.

The other astounding thing is that some tourist areas in the UK had their highest footfall EVER recorded on Sunday, more than any public holiday. absolutely crazy. mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

I had a fit of coughing in the night and it scared the pants off me, I think it was just a bit of fluff went don't my windpipe, I'm okay now.

There is a lot of confusion here about work, even the government are contradicting themselves. All of my lads are worried about their jobs.

There is a big difference between, "You can go to work if absolutely necessary AND you can't work from home", and "You can go to work if absolutely necessary OR can't work from home". Matt Hancock said "Those who can't work from home can go to work and should, to keep the country ticking over" and immediately said something about key workers which could and could not have been associated.

In the lists of who is to close and who is to stay open, I haven't found anything about factories. we have been trying very hard, sanitizer everywhere, keeping distance, washing hands etc etc. When you make a product that is bespoke to each customer's needs then it is very very worrying, if that customer doesn't survive, they are of no use to anyone else unless someone buys his company and/or engine stock.

Hard and worrying times for business owners.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 25 2020, 04:13 PM
Instructor
Not only for business owners. Some people fortunately understand that if company will fall, their job will fall as well. I think we are all in financial relations so this pandemia affects each one...maybe besides the ones that get retirement payment but...they're the highest risk group so they have something worse to worry about...

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:19 PM